PDA

View Full Version : Most pitiful attempt at humour ever

Daniel
13th July 2007, 12:28
I answer the phone saying "Hello software support this is Daniel speaking how can I help you?" so what does dimwit customer say to me just moments ago? "Hello we have the same surname this is Richard Speaking"

Mortgage brokers get on my nerves at the best of times but why the need for such a pitiful attempt at humour? :mark:

Brown, Jon Brow
13th July 2007, 12:36
:rotflmao:

I love it!

Best joke I've heard all week!

Daniel, you should have stole it and posted it on the 'Oily Friday night thread' :erm:

Camelopard
13th July 2007, 12:54
I answer the phone saying "Hello software support this is Daniel speaking how can I help you?" so what does dimwit customer say to me just moments ago? "Hello we have the same surname this is Richard Speaking"

Mortgage brokers get on my nerves at the best of times but why the need for such a pitiful attempt at humour? :mark:

We must be related, I answer with, "hello this is the data centre, Mark speaking" :)

I answered the phone yesterday and this guy starts rattling along as if he knows me, "it's been a long time, how's the wife and kids, we should get together for a beer soon and catch up and so on" only I don't know him from a bar of soap. I must admit that this annoyed me.........

Mind you at least he could speak English, some of the people I have to deal with have very basic English skills to say the least and it's really very frustrating, normally I say send us an email and hope someone else looks in the 'in box' before I do!!!

CarlMetro
13th July 2007, 13:00
So are you related to my bosses PA? Her name is Karen Speaking. She says she got a little fed up with one former employee who would always, without fail, say top her "Is that Karen Speaking speaking?" And then laugh. Eventually he got the message because she used to just put the phone down on him :D

Daniel
13th July 2007, 13:10
So are you related to my bosses PA? Her name is Karen Speaking. She says she got a little fed up with one former employee who would always, without fail, say top her "Is that Karen Speaking speaking?" And then laugh. Eventually he got the message because she used to just put the phone down on him :D
She sounds nice. I'd have gored his eyes out with a melon baller :)

Loobylou
13th July 2007, 13:11

There was a bit of a running joke in one of the platoons in Winchester with a similiar play on words. Amber Sargeant - not long to go til promotion to Sgt (Int. Corps have their own way of promoting quite quickly). Nice girl, wish I'd not lost touch with her. :(

Drew
13th July 2007, 13:16
I imagine he gets a bit of hassle on the phone. "Hello, this is Richard Speaking" "and what's your surname, Sir?"

CarlMetro
13th July 2007, 14:53
She sounds nice. I'd have gored his eyes out with a melon baller :)

I don't think she was employed for her admin skills or telephone manner ;)

Daniel
13th July 2007, 15:03
I don't think she was employed for her admin skills or telephone manner ;)
Does she have a couple of reasons why she was employed?

tinchote
13th July 2007, 15:55
This thread is yet another proof that English is flawed ;) :p :

LotusElise
13th July 2007, 16:01

Not so much the joke itself, but the fact he must have used it millions of times and still thinks it's funny.

CarlMetro
13th July 2007, 16:11
Does she have a couple of reasons why she was employed?

Oh yes................and then some ;)

J4MIE
13th July 2007, 17:36
Well it took me a few minutes but I get it! :D :up:

No chance would I have sounded of any intellect if someone told me that on the phone :dozey:

Gannex
13th July 2007, 19:11
My father-in-law's best mate in the Army was Jim Partz. No one, apparently, was ever more desperate to be promoted to Sergeant than Private Partz.

Mark in Oshawa
13th July 2007, 19:16
Gannex, a buddy of mine served in the Reserves of the Canadian Army with a "Master Corporal Bates".....which of course was always shortened to "Master...Bates". In the Canadian Army, and maybe it is a lingustic thing, most soldiers always addresed the Master Corporals by dropping the Corporal tag, but in this case, she (yes it was a woman) insisted on hearing that "corporal" mentioned.....

MrJan
15th July 2007, 20:57
The one that's really starting to hack me off is when someone asks to speak to my boss and I say he's on the phone and they reply 'oooh that must be a balancing act'. Amusing the first few times but not when it happens every day :angryfire

Bezza
15th July 2007, 21:42
You should get a job in our place, Daniel. Sales and support don't like each other, I can see a techie getting miffed at such a joke, however sales (me) love it. It does get done a few times too much though.

People do say funny things.

"Bear with me a second"
"I'd rather keep my clothes on, thank you."

and

"I'm sorry, he's tied up at the moment"
"Oo err and didn't think he was into that kind of thing" :dozey: