PDA

View Full Version : How much do we want to borrow, Twenty Five Thousand ??

Spoonbender
13th July 2007, 11:13
"yes I do own my own home, yes I do have a mortgage, yes I am a complete tosser"

This advert for Picture loans is winding me right up. They are just so corny and false. Why not just say, "want to borrow money? give us a bell" not bang on about cancelling football or that Dad's just found Josh's scooter.

Any one else had enough? check out youtube, search for picture loans, there are some great spoofs on there :)

Brown, Jon Brow
13th July 2007, 12:05
I hate that advert. Trying to make it look like 'picture' are there for the 'average' family. It also annoys me that they have black tape over the Mitre badge on the football!

I love the re-dub versions on youtube though. :up:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vFdSZDcm6uY

Daniel
13th July 2007, 12:19
I love the ones that will "Do all the paperwork" for you. They pretend to be all nice but the fact is that there is an absolute truckload of money to be made out of secure loans which is what they're usually pimping because there is almost 0 risk for them because it's usually secured against your house so you either pay off the loan or they take posession of your house.

The great thing is that most people who need a secured loan can't get the "headline" rate that these people charge and end up paying something more like 8 or 10% and you get nicely reamed up teh bum!

Drew
13th July 2007, 13:14
I like the way the woman says "scooter" :p :

LotusElise
13th July 2007, 16:03
Scootah!

This advert is evil, like the company behind it.

DonnieDarco
13th July 2007, 16:42
I had enough after the first one, with the idiot man talking about how 'a bit of rain never hurt anyone', while his adoring wife follows him about the house with a sodding camcorder, because its the most important moment of their entire life!!!!!

The second one has merely sent me off into a spiral of despair.

Sorry.............taking deep breaths now :D

On the plus side, liking some of those spoofs. :D

Spoonbender
13th July 2007, 17:09
Good point, what was that about? Why follow someone around with a camcorder when they're on the phone, who wrote that script?

"Action, right now follow him with the camera, now you say **** off, I'm on the phone to Mike at Picture" Mike at picture, we don't even get to see him and already I hate him.

If I ever saw that bloke in person he would have to go down (though not in the biblical sense) He's bound to end up in some sit-com one day or on one of the barrrrrras in the market of Albert Square. but where I'd most like to see him is in the Lion's enclosure at Longleat with bit's of raw meat gaffa taped to his head

I need a drink

CharlieJ
13th July 2007, 17:37
If I ever saw that bloke in person he would have to go down (though not in the biblical sense) He's bound to end up in some sit-com one day or on one of the barrrrrras in the market of Albert Square. but where I'd most like to see him is in the Lion's enclosure at Longleat with bit's of raw meat gaffa taped to his head

Along with BARRY SCOTT! :p :

BeansBeansBeans
13th July 2007, 19:04
I liked that Loans4u advert with Phil Tufnell, but they should have altered the script slightly.

Phil Loans. I know nothing about loans.

Advisor Don't worry Phil, neither do our customers. That's why they're prepared to bury themselves in even more debt under the guise of 'consolidation', whilst we rake it in.

Phil Happy days!

Dave B
13th July 2007, 20:25
The Picture ad consistently tops polls for the most annoying advert ever. But some would argue that if it's being talked about then it's doing its job.

"Can't afford your existing bills? Then why not re-mortgage your house and we'll reposess it when you inevitably miss a couple of payments, you council-estate-dwelling plasma-tv-wanting scum" sounds pretty evil. Far better when it's good old trustworthy Carol Vorderman promising to make your life so simple :rolleyes:

Spoonbender
13th July 2007, 20:35
Along with BARRY SCOTT! :p :

What not the Barry Scott from the Cilit Bang "Bang and the dirt was gone" advert.

Bang and Barry Scott was gone would be a better punch line :)

DonnieDarco
13th July 2007, 21:26
Bang and Barry Scott was gone would be a better punch line :)

You'll have to get in line, there's a VERY long queue waiting to sort him out :D

NoahsGirl
14th July 2007, 20:06
Not only are they churning out the Picture adverts, but the various adverts with the same scripts that is Confused.com is driving me mad! I don't care if they have an "amazing" site, or they could save me "a bundle", just get off my TV screen!

Daniel
15th July 2007, 18:08
Not only are they churning out the Picture adverts, but the various adverts with the same scripts that is Confused.com is driving me mad! I don't care if they have an "amazing" site, or they could save me "a bundle", just get off my TV screen!
I work for a competitor and I have to say Confused ads are bloody patronisingly amateurish at best :)

Kneeslider
16th July 2007, 00:18
My favourite game on the Nintendo Wii is where you repeatedly poke that bloke off the BT broadband ads in the eye with a spear. :D

Mark
16th July 2007, 08:22
end up paying something more like 8 or 10%

And the rest! I've seen headline rates of 14.9% APR on some of the adverts. It's often cheaper to borrow from credit cards than it is from these jokers!