PDA

View Full Version : My sad loss

Vez
12th July 2007, 18:11
My cat went missing late on Tuesday evening, my mum went round our neighbours to ask if they had seen her around.

Early this morning I was told by my mum (who was told by one of our neighbours, and who gave her the collar) that she had been run-over and killed, I cried so much but I made to work. When I got back from work I was told that we wont be able to bury her at the bottom of our garden as our neighbour who found her had wrapped her up and put her into a cardboard box and put her out with the rubbish. :bigcry:

All our neighbours are upset by the loss as she was pretty well known in the area.

Her name was Mischief and she was going to be 3yrs old in September.

Here's a picture of her: one of ten photos and this one I feel shows her off the best.

Vez
12th July 2007, 18:16
Here's another photo of her with her eyes open.

Hondo
12th July 2007, 18:20
I am terribly sorry for you. I know how it feels to lose a pet like that. You did better than I did, I didn't make it to work that day. Mischief will be missed.

Eki
12th July 2007, 18:24
Sorry for your loss. My mother got a cat recently. Cats are great.

Woodeye
12th July 2007, 18:31
I'm really sorry for your loss too. I have a dog and losing it would be awful. Not to mention losing it like that.

madnessj
12th July 2007, 18:44
I'm sorry for you're loss, I know what it's like i've had 2 of my cats killed by a driver and i currently have one which is so stupid near the road that it could be any time now, though i think you're more unlucky thn me because i burried both mine in the garden(I've also had 2 dogs die aswell but thats beside the point)

DonnieDarco
12th July 2007, 18:47
That's so sad Vez! Though at least you know what happened to her - Cats often go missing and you never find out. If anything happened to mine, I'd be gutted.

RIP Mischief.

Vez
12th July 2007, 18:51
madnessj...This is the first pet that we have had that we will not be burying. This is also what hurts so much about the loss.
So far we have 12 guinea-pigs, 3 cats, 2 rats, 2 mice and a hamster at the bottom of our garden.

A.F.F.
12th July 2007, 20:48
I'm so sorry for your loss Vez. :(

Cats are more than pets, way more.

Erki
12th July 2007, 20:49
A gorgeous cat she was I have to say! :)
My sympathies to you. :(
Take care. :)

race aficionado
12th July 2007, 21:04
aaaaawwwww :(

I am also a cat person, I have had many pets in my lifetime and everytime they left it was an emotional bummer.

I am sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing those very cute pictures.
She was indeed a very good looking cat and I am sure you are full of stories and memories.

That's the thing with pets, they can be great friends and companions.

I am sure you will have another one soon.

race
:)

Camelopard
12th July 2007, 21:39
I have to agree with DonnieDarco's post. The only consolation is that you know what happened, however I'm sure that doesn't really lessen the sadness.
I'm so sorry for you, it's always very sad when anyone loses a pet.

schmenke
12th July 2007, 21:42
madnessj...So far we have 12 guinea-pigs, 3 cats, 2 rats, 2 mice and a hamster at the bottom of our garden.

I'd give up on the guinea pigs :erm:

Sorry Vez, condolences on the loss of your beloved Mischief.

Donney
13th July 2007, 09:44
Anyone having pets understands what you are going through, sorry.

LotusElise
13th July 2007, 11:43
Losing a pet is horrible, I really feel for you.
RIP Mischief.

Paul Holroyd
13th July 2007, 12:19
Sorry for loss
Pets are part of the faimly and losing one is hard im sure she is still runing round somwhere looking down on you all.
We lost a dog a number of years ago it's very hard I don'd know what will do when our present dog goes.
All the best, keep your chin up, and talking about it is the best thing you can do.

Vez
13th July 2007, 17:10
Thank you to you all for the kind words you have posted. It means a lot. Not just to me but my family as well. :)
As I'm racing this weekend I will have time to recover a little from it, and think about what to do next.
We will at some point look for another cat, when everything has had chance to settle down.

Mark in Oshawa
13th July 2007, 19:33
I love cats, and always hate to hear when they get run over. They usually are pretty good about cars, but it doesn't mitigate your loss. Just remember the good times, and in time, with a new car, the memories will remain an the pain will be replaced by the joy of having a new cat to entertain and show love for you.....

Captain VXR
13th July 2007, 19:44
RIP Mischeif I hope its not too hard Vez

Hazell B
14th July 2007, 21:44
Sorry to hear about your loss vez.

Cats may not be as clingy as dogs, but they're far cooler characters :up:

jso1985
15th July 2007, 01:56
Very sorry for your loss :( , can't imagine losing my cats that way, but as Donnie said it's better to know what happened to them

17th July 2007, 00:55
sorry to read about your beautiful cat Mischief, I hope the pain of your loss is easing. I have had cats most of my life until recently and really miss not having one or two around. I've been telling myself that I won't have another one but cats seem to know there's a 'vacancy'.

slinkster
17th July 2007, 11:08
:( I'm so sorry.. I know I'm late to this and I can only imagine how sad this must be for you.

Loobylou
17th July 2007, 17:39
You have my deepest sympathy. I was in total snivelling bits at the vets this year when I had a mouse put to sleep so don't feel silly or anything like that.
:)

Vez
17th July 2007, 19:36
Thank you again for your kind words. The pain is easing up a little, though it's still weird not having her around.
When the time is right we will consider our next pet (most likely another cat)and hopefully have some very cool memories like the ones we have had with our other pets. :)