Jeffy2442
12th July 2007, 00:20
LAke Speed

MarcoCheever
12th July 2007, 11:20
who did Michael Waltrip fight ?

wedge
12th July 2007, 14:19
I was re-reading Senna's biography not too long ago and found he raced against Lake Speed in international karting.

CCFanatic
12th July 2007, 21:03
Point of this thread is? Lake Speed(no connection to Scott) was a karting phenom, but then moved to NASCAR.

call_me_andrew
12th July 2007, 21:28
I was re-reading Senna's biography not too long ago and found he raced against Lake Speed in international karting.

In 1978 Speed won the World Karting Association's championship. Senna was second. I just thought I would mention that.

luvracin
12th July 2007, 21:29
Lake Speed depends on current, wind direction and the power of the boat being used.

CCFanatic
12th July 2007, 22:12
In 1978 Speed won the World Karting Association's championship. Senna was second. I just thought I would mention that.

So Senna was racing karts here in the US?

call_me_andrew
13th July 2007, 08:56

I don't believe it's a U.S. based series.

MarcoCheever
13th July 2007, 11:25
Lake Speed depends on current, wind direction and the power of the boat being used.

very good ! +1 for you

I did like the Spam car he drove

wedge
13th July 2007, 14:37

It was an international race meeting in Le Mans kart track. Lake Speed managed to beat Senna and hold him off and shutting the door on Senna on a number of occasions - according to a karting magazine report quoted in Christopher Hilton's biography of Senna.

A young karting prodigy (as was Senna) usually, though not always the case, suggests a degree of natural talent in other forms of motorsport. How and why he chose to do stock cars and having a colourful NASCAR career is beyond me!