View Full Version : can we have more room for our sig's

harvick#1
11th July 2007, 22:52
100 letters or 1 line. come on :mark:

thats pointless

blakebeatty
12th July 2007, 02:14
second.

Also, I am newer to this forum, and I have always wondered, why no avatars, other than the flag?

janneppi
12th July 2007, 06:54

thats pointless
Your sig breaks the old three line rule. :p :

SmokeFan20
14th July 2007, 06:26
100 words and only 1 line for signature space is whack!

Time to move into the new broadband millennium, Motorsports Forum!

bowler
14th July 2007, 10:50
this is a word forum

much better without all the clutter of avatars and big sigs

tinchote
15th July 2007, 11:20
second.

Also, I am newer to this forum, and I have always wondered, why no avatars, other than the flag?

Personally, every time I've been to a forum with avatars, I'm put off by the visual clutter. So I'd rather have it the way we do :)

Mark
16th July 2007, 07:44
You have people complaining about too much clutter, then people asking for more clutter :p

PS. It's actually 60 characters, you can have 40 extra characters if you are including BBCode tags such as url links etc.

Luffield
15th August 2007, 15:52
Signatures used to be more amusing than the posts sometimes.

100 characters and one line ain't enough for me to have the sig I want so no update for me :(

J4MIE
17th August 2007, 11:26
I hate trying to read forums but struggling to find the posts :s Best rule ever introduced by Mark was no images in signatures! :up:

Daniel
17th August 2007, 12:45
I would like it relaxed a little :)

I can't even get the 1 line signature I want :mark: I don't want tonnes of clutter or anything. Just something slightly bigger :)

Luffield
20th August 2007, 09:12
Best rule ever introduced by Mark was no images in signatures! :up:

I don't want an image in my signature.

I don't want tonnes of clutter or anything. Just something slightly bigger :)

I don't want the clutter either, just a signature that I can keep my link in and add a comment to it. As it is I can't do either :(

wmcot
22nd August 2007, 06:47
I agree. I would just like to add a little more text to my sig to make it a particularly funny one.

I notice that some members have 2 or 3 lines in the signature area. How do they do that?

Mark
22nd August 2007, 08:13
If they have 2 or 3 lines then they would have written their signatures before the new rules came in.

Daniel
22nd August 2007, 10:11
I have the sig I want now :)

Strangely enough though it takes up two lines :mark: oh well!

SteveA
22nd August 2007, 13:56
My sig broke today (as you can see).

I used HTML originally because I couldn't use BBcode URL, but now that's banned and BBcode URL is still not allowed - however I notice some mods still have links in their sigs, which seems a bit unfair!

For those moaning that you don't want to see peoples sigs - there's a setting in your OWN profile to hide others' sigs.

Will L
26th August 2007, 03:27
We need to relax the rules. Make it so we can have URL and BBCode at least and make it so we can have decent length and size.

jso1985
9th September 2007, 23:52
I don't know what was wrong with having 3-line signatures without avatars, now only 1 line? :mark:
can't update it anymore now :(

RaceFanStan
10th September 2007, 15:30
If they have 2 or 3 lines then they would have written their signatures before the new rules came in.
I'm glad I saw this BEFORE I edited my signature ! :eek:
I'll keep what I have. :D

Erki
15th September 2007, 18:55

thats pointless

No, it isn't.

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

:s tare:

SEATFreak
18th September 2007, 10:40
I suppose I don't mind being limited to three lines on my signature.

Look at the type of information on the first line. It ain't as if I will need as many as three lines the way SEAT are going at the moment. :(

Will L
8th October 2007, 21:03
Please can we make it so we have longer sigs and BBCode at least.

Would it make any difference if I created a petition? (http://www.petitionspot.com/)

;)

tinchote
8th October 2007, 21:36
I don't know what was wrong with having 3-line signatures without avatars, now only 1 line? :mark:
can't update it anymore now :(

Yeah, I guess many signatures are frozen because of that :s

Mihai
9th October 2007, 16:37
Too long signatures are sometimes annoying. I'm fine with the way they are now. Just don't ban external links in signatures - I get quite a lot of traffic on my website thanks to mine. ;)

SteveA
9th October 2007, 19:25
Already banned, Mihai - Don't try to modify it!

Mihai
10th October 2007, 08:21
Oops, thanks for the tip! :up:

Mark
10th October 2007, 08:23
Already banned, Mihai - Don't try to modify it!

That was turned off by mistake, links are permitted again now.

SteveA
24th November 2007, 18:39
That was turned off by mistake, links are permitted again now.

Aha! Ok, many thanks.

leopard
27th November 2007, 11:12
Too long signatures are sometimes annoying. I'm fine with the way they are now. Just don't ban external links in signatures - I get quite a lot of traffic on my website thanks to mine. ;)
Do we have the best way out there to celebrate victory for having a lot of traffic? ;)

MrJan
27th November 2007, 13:34
I liked the old three line rule, if only because it didn't keep moaning at me every single time I put a sig in :D To be honest it's not that big a deal but 3 lines was good as gives you space but doesn't result in giant spaces of pointlessness.