PDA

View Full Version : donington park btcc..message for anyone thats going

real_illusions
11th July 2007, 20:29
I was at a track day earlier this week..and they've built a huge tent on the inside of redgate. Taking up pretty much all of the space that gives decent spectacting and photography chances on the inside of redgate, unless you have a lense thats about 10 foot long.

Just so you know, in case you were planning on going to the inside of redgate..(thats the first corner for those that dont know).

Les
11th July 2007, 20:39
oh just great! and I suppose the powers that be will put up the ruddy banners on the outside of Redgate as well and kill off the best corner for spectating.

Iain
11th July 2007, 21:41
Has that not always been a regular feature there? The only time I've been to Donington and not seen anything there (meaning the only times I haven't been for the BTCC) was the DTM in 2002 and the Renault Winter Series in 2003.

LiamM
11th July 2007, 21:59
It rings a bell, but it sounds bigger than usual, its a good spot for hospitality, close to the track, you ge to see the start, and no barriers

real_illusions
11th July 2007, 22:36
it has been a regular feature..but it looks bigger than previous years from the pit lane.

There was nothing there for the F3/GT earlier this year..but the btcc is seen as much a bigger event..and therefore more hospitatility in areas where spectators usually go.

tisme
11th July 2007, 23:33
I was at a track day earlier this week..and they've built a huge tent on the inside of redgate. Taking up pretty much all of the space that gives decent spectacting and photography chances on the inside of redgate, unless you have a lense thats about 10 foot long.

Just so you know, in case you were planning on going to the inside of redgate..(thats the first corner for those that dont know).

Nothing new there!!
It's a surprise when nothing is there!

real_illusions
11th July 2007, 23:38
Nothing new there!!
It's a surprise when nothing is there!

thats true..but it does seem alot bigger than before.

:)

taffy
12th July 2007, 08:25
It was there last year aswell.. It`s a hospitality area, went round to that area last year for one race and ended up having to walk around piles of boxes and food waste thrown outside the tent...