PDA

View Full Version : Do we have and musicians out there?

Brown, Jon Brow
11th July 2007, 10:36
I don't know what you have to do to qualify as a musician, but does anyone on this forum play any kind of instrument? Maybe just in your own free time or in a band or orchestra :\

Maybe we have some 'graded' Pianists?

If you can play an instrument then what is your favourite piece of music or sing you can play?

I'll get the ball rolling.

I'm Jon Brown and I play the electric guitar. I'd say the best I can play is 'Time is Running Out by Muse ;)

Over to you........

CarlMetro
11th July 2007, 10:40
Virtuoso standard in air guitar and steering wheel bongos and have been known to play the ocasional flat surface piano too, usually to Great Ball of Fire ;)

LotusElise
11th July 2007, 10:46
Taking Grade 3 clarinet next Wednesday - fingers crossed!

Donney
11th July 2007, 10:50
I'm into Mr Metro's type of playing I have also been known to play air bass, I'm awesome at slapping :D

Christina
11th July 2007, 15:36
I am very well practiced in the precise art of playing both the Tambourine and the Triangle. Coloured ribbons on the Tambourine are optional but do make it feel that bit more special. i find they help me play better.

I'm also a master at the Cymbals, but they're not nearly as fun as the Triangle.

Storm
11th July 2007, 15:58
I play the electric guitar too (it would be stretching it to call me a musician though) and I can play (!!) quite a few of Iron Maiden songs (mostly the riffs and melodies...hardly any solos!)

Btw I bought a new Fender Stratocaster HSS last week :D

BeansBeansBeans
11th July 2007, 16:44
I play bass guitar in an indie band. We've recently had our first radio play, albeit local radio!

slinkster
11th July 2007, 20:05
I have a rather sexy electric guitar, I have been absolutely in love with it since I got it when I was about 15... and an electro-acoustic also but I don't get as much time to play them any more unforunately. I was never brilliant ... just enjoyed playing, probably couldn't remember a damn thing now!

Brown, Jon Brow
11th July 2007, 22:30
I play bass guitar in an indie band. We've recently had our first radio play, albeit local radio!

Do you have any video's on youtube or myspace or anything?

Crypt
11th July 2007, 22:41
Skinflute count?

Ahem - drums, bass guitar, tubular bells, banjo, kazoo

akv89
11th July 2007, 23:16
I play the violin. I'm not very good, but I'm not bad either.

Sleeper
12th July 2007, 02:36
Bass guitar, though I'm taking lessons. My 6 string Brice is my prize possesion.

At one time I could play all of Pink Floyds Money, Another Brick In The Wall (pt2) and the opening to Sheep as well as parts of several Dream Theater songs (Learning to Live being my favourit), at least until the really fast parts.

Galveston dunes
12th July 2007, 03:28
keyboards,no where near performance levels but fun at parties,also sound checks and mixing boards-both lights and backgrounds.created my own color organ when i was 17. up graded with one touch micro switches;capable of controling 72 possible lighting arrangments,with or without laser interception.

Hondo
12th July 2007, 18:23
I play the electric guitar too (it would be stretching it to call me a musician though) and I can play (!!) quite a few of Iron Maiden songs (mostly the riffs and melodies...hardly any solos!)

Btw I bought a new Fender Stratocaster HSS last week :D

Wow! you must be low on money now! Fender doesn't exactly make it easy to own an HSS. Have fun with it.

Storm
12th July 2007, 19:29
Fiero, its true that I am low on money...but its not the really high end one ;)
Its the Standard Mexican HSS not the American made one (sunburst with maple fretboard....but its still pretty good mind you...and for my level of playing its damn good!

are you thinking about Gibsons which are > 1000 USD mark :\

schmenke
12th July 2007, 19:57
No graded pianists in the schmenke household but we do have plenty of graded cheese... :mark:

Erki
12th July 2007, 20:28
I regularly play pipe organ... :erm:

LeonBrooke
13th July 2007, 01:11
Taking Grade 3 clarinet next Wednesday - fingers crossed!

Good luck :) let me know how it goes.

I played the violin when I was young - up until I was ten or so. I've still got my violin, but it's a three-quarter size - way too small for me to finger properly these days.

I could never read music, so at performances I'd memorise the piece and stay away from the music stand so everyone would know I'd memorised it.

Pathetic, eh?

Brown, Jon Brow
13th July 2007, 16:18
Do you ever wish that you had this much talent when you were two years old?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=saqskTrAQ3Q&NR=1

I used to be able to read music when I played a bit of recorder and keyboard, but now I've forgotten it. You really need to know how to read music when playing guitar as you can just use tabs. I wish I could play some huge pieces on a piano though :\

oily oaf
13th July 2007, 16:53

I used to be able to read music when I played a bit of recorder and keyboard, but now I've forgotten it. You really need to know how to read music when playing guitar as you can just use tabs. I wish I could play some huge pieces on a piano though :\

I played a huge piece on the piano once.
She didn't half go bandy

Ranger
14th July 2007, 05:21

LOL! You DO know that's fake don't you? :D

Brown, Jon Brow
14th July 2007, 10:25
LOL! You DO know that's fake don't you? :D

NO!

So normal two year olds don't have man hands or wedding rings? :confused:

Fangio
14th July 2007, 15:24
Rickenbacker model 481 6-string player here. Bought it new in 1978, lol.
Now Kasabian stole my originality.
http://www.spin.com/vfest06/images/2006/09/060923_kasabian2.jpg