PDA

View Full Version : whats the point

Flat.tyres
11th July 2007, 01:25
i know were not supposed to post insults on this forun but there are a few people on here that havent a f**king clue what arse to sh*t out of when it comes to F1.

I mean, ignorance is one thing but surely you cannot keep parading it with impunity or can you?

i have been surprised by the intelligence and knowledge of a lot of members but the dicks really turn people off posting here.

obviously we cant ban people for being prats but surely a standard response to braindead posts can be instigated. Something like "Your a FI" as in "fundementally important" or something that begins with those letters ;)

Is this wrong to post here because its p*ssing me off dealing with these people.

trumperZ06
11th July 2007, 01:43
;) Hhmmmm... are you trying to pass Fousto in the points given out by the Mod's ???

Rollo
11th July 2007, 02:04
i have been surprised by the intelligence and knowledge of a lot of members but the dicks really turn people off posting here.

as per usual, you twist everything around and b*ll**** where you havent a clue what your talking about. (most of the time)

i dont give a horses dick whether the conversation is nice or not

I thought I'd do a quick search to substantiate your claims, however of the 15 posts I looked at, you seem to conduct yourself with less than an air of civility.

I would suggest a quick look at the well known racial discrimination case of Pot vs Kettle. I suspect that there may be a comparable analysis of facts both in that case and yours.

Please act in a more responsible manner in future.

Valve Bounce
11th July 2007, 02:11
While I am not a moderator, I have been here for possibly longer than most other posters. Basically this is a fun discussion forum. So if you have any serious issues, perhaps it would be best to PM the mods Arrows or pino to discuss any grievances or misunderstandings with them rather than air it in an aggresive manner in our forum.

Of course this is only my opinion, and others may have a different opinion, as Mario Andretti would verify.

trumperZ06
11th July 2007, 02:43
While I am not a moderator, I have been here for possibly longer than most other posters. Basically this is a fun discussion forum. So if you have any serious issues, perhaps it would be best to PM the mods Arrows or pino to discuss any grievances or misunderstandings with them rather than air it in an aggresive manner in our forum.

Of course this is only my opinion, and others may have a different opinion, as Mario Andretti would verify.

;) Damn VB... are you disagreeing with Mario... AGAIN ???

:dozey: Hhmmm... I guess... That's what happens to you when you exceed ~ 12000 posts !!! :D

Hawkmoon
11th July 2007, 03:40
i know were not supposed to post insults on this forun but there are a few people on here that havent a f**king clue what arse to sh*t out of when it comes to F1.

I mean, ignorance is one thing but surely you cannot keep parading it with impunity or can you?

obviously we cant ban people for being prats but surely a standard response to braindead posts can be instigated. Something like "Your a FI" as in "fundementally important" or something that begins with those letters ;)

Is this wrong to post here because its p*ssing me off dealing with these people.

If, as you say, people are posting ill-informed rubbish then it should be pretty easy to pick apart their post with facts of your own.

If you don't want to do that, simply ignore the post. If someone keeps on annoying you, use the ignore function.

Calling people idiots doesn't prove your point. All it does is get people upset and pino has to go around and clean up the mess. I'm sure he has better things to do that sort out fights between members.

Roamy
11th July 2007, 06:03
Hey I am point free - get off my ass - but maybe I can get a few points soon - but ZI have been good only because I don't have the Point breakdown schedule and actually no one has pissed me off in quite a while.

Go Ferrari

Roamy
11th July 2007, 06:04
ps where is the roselady when you need points

leopard
11th July 2007, 06:21
The point is this thread needs to refer back to personal attack thread ;)

tinchote
11th July 2007, 06:27
I think Hawkmoon is spot on. I would say the forums are fairly quiet these days, compared to what we had in the past.

And if you don't like someone, please learn to deal with it without being agressive.

pino
11th July 2007, 07:21

If those people piss you off, put them in your ignore list, that will make you and the Mods very happy. Last night I had to edit another post from you and I am tired of doing that. I closed an eye about it, but if I catch you again posting another insult you will be out of here.

Dave B
11th July 2007, 10:10
There are a lot of people here who I disagree with, but who can post a proper and reasoned arguement for their opinion. I have no problem debating with these posters, and I'm certain that they'd disagree with me too.

The only people who p*** me off are the ones who post gibberish like "furnundo allonsew is rubish and danngerous and macccClarrun shud sac him" without any attempt to explain their logic. I just ignore them.

CarlMetro
11th July 2007, 10:23
I'm sure I am not alone but when I see certain members starting a new thread or expressing their ill-informed, or downright stupid opinions on threads, I tend to switch off. There are some who I will scan through what they are posting where as others I just don't bother with at all.

There have been several threads where I have felt it necessary to unsubscribe rather than carry on reading the drivel posted. But each to their own, this place would be boring if we all had the same opinions and ideas.

Don't forget, despite the conspiracy theories, nobody actually forces anyone to post or read the threads in any part of this forum, simply not to log on is always an option.

Flat.tyres
11th July 2007, 10:52
OK, fair points. criticism taken on the chin and sorry if my somewhat bullish manner has offended everyone ;)

VB is right, perhaps I should treat this forum as just a bit of fun rather than a place to have reasoned discussions.

pino
11th July 2007, 11:25
OK, fair points. criticism taken on the chin and sorry if my somewhat bullish manner has offended everyone ;)

VB is right, perhaps I should treat this forum as just a bit of fun rather than a place to have reasoned discussions.

Nice one :up: now make sure your attitude is the same for the whole day...

ArrowsFA1
11th July 2007, 12:03
My rather forlorn hope is that there can be both :dozey:

Valve Bounce
11th July 2007, 12:52

Well, let's be realistic here. We are not going to get the sort of information here that will get to the in-depth running of an F1 team, nor the precise reasons why some cars/drivers perform better than others. None of the people directly involved in the running of F1 teams will come here and tell us how they run a team, any team. The best we can do here is to pick up what is announced in the team summaries, which is rather superficial, and discuss what we think it means.

Some visitors here, I have noticed, seem to post things which appear to be well informed and logical, and we appreciate that.

Some others just seem to want to flame and start arguments with absolute tripe, and I intend to ignore most of it. If they take a cheap shot at me, then I will respond with a No Comment. That seems to discourage them from stalking me and badgering me with inane slam dunks.

The rest of it, we just have a chat and have some fun.

In this regard, it is very interesting how much fun we do have in the "live chat" during races. The guys and gals who turn up seem to have a great rapport with each other.

I do like this forum, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I like the way it is run. What more can I say?

Robinho
11th July 2007, 14:03
agreed VB, it seems the live nature of the chat during the races brings out a slightly more civilised nature in people, or maybe its only the people who don't feel the need to hide who go on there, but we seem to be able to have a good natured discussion and take the pi55 as required!

oily oaf
11th July 2007, 18:17

Amen to that

Flat.tyres
13th July 2007, 12:48
Nice one :up: now make sure your attitude is the same for the whole day...

bite me :D

Did you notice how I thought of you health in my reply to my little friend Gary

perhaps I can make a suggestion. how about a list of insults along with a sliding scale of how many points you will get for each. If I know what the penalty is, I can manage my account more effectivly as I've still got a clean sheet and feel that a liberal smattering of "dick-brain" or "f**k-wits" on the F1 forum shouldn't incur too many points should it?

or am I missing the point :D

Valve Bounce
15th July 2007, 04:59
bite me :D

Did you notice how I thought of you health in my reply to my little friend Gary

perhaps I can make a suggestion. how about a list of insults along with a sliding scale of how many points you will get for each. If I know what the penalty is, I can manage my account more effectivly as I've still got a clean sheet and feel that a liberal smattering of "dick-brain" or "f**k-wits" on the F1 forum shouldn't incur too many points should it?

or am I missing the point :D

You could try my (exclusive) french phrase: allez vous reproduisez. :p :

Flat.tyres
24th July 2007, 15:01
just noticed I picked up a point for providing a structured reply to an obvious baiting post from ioan. however, it seems like the point was for asking what planet he was from or for telling him to stop sulking :laugh:

now, am I the first person to receive a point for what must be the first reported case of politically correct galactic rascism or did I get it for pointing out the bloody obvious :laugh:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303536#post303536

dont worry Arrows, I'm not worried about it in any way but just found it killingly funny and am trying to spread some joy around :p : :D

tinchote
25th July 2007, 11:14
just noticed I picked up a point for providing a structured reply to an obvious baiting post from ioan. however, it seems like the point was for asking what planet he was from or for telling him to stop sulking :laugh:

now, am I the first person to receive a point for what must be the first reported case of politically correct galactic rascism or did I get it for pointing out the bloody obvious :laugh:

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=303536#post303536

dont worry Arrows, I'm not worried about it in any way but just found it killingly funny and am trying to spread some joy around :p : :D

Man, aren't you good at getting points.

Valve Bounce
25th July 2007, 11:28
Point taken :p :

Flat.tyres
25th July 2007, 18:34
Man, aren't you good at getting points.

its like a gift. youve ever got it, or you havent :p :

now I know what a one pointer is, perhaps I need to find what deserves 2? better finish my research back in the F1 forum. I think Henderson may be able to assist in my little experiment :D

Garry Walker
6th August 2007, 23:14
I have my own groupie :eek: