PDA

View Full Version : £3.95

CarlMetro
10th July 2007, 15:27
Is what I was charged for a pint of orange juice and Lemonade last Saturday night whilst doing a disco. I asked the barkeep to check again, which he did and said it was correct. Now if the orange juice had been freshly squeezed between a virgin maidens thighs then I wouldn't have minded so much but it came out of a Tesco's carton.

I finished my brief conversation with the barkeep by enquiring how much a pint of Carling was? £2.85 was his reply. I told him that charging almost a third more for a pint of orange juice and lemonade was taking the pee, he agreed but said it wasn't him who set the prices.

Almost makes you want to drink and drive :angryfire

slinkster
10th July 2007, 15:32
that really is shocking... I'll bet it didn't even cost them half that for the carton of orange in the first place!

Flat.tyres
10th July 2007, 15:57
ive had that before and refused to pay. down here, they stick two little bottles of orange in at a quid a pop and 1/2 pint of OJ at £1.50. then they advertise cheap beer.

i never touch a drop when im driving and it normally ends up costing more than if i was going to have a couple of pints. no wonder people have a couple and then drive :rolleyes:

LotusElise
10th July 2007, 15:59
What a rip-off. Where were you DJ-ing? was it somewhere in Surrey?

BeansBeansBeans
10th July 2007, 16:24
I was at Silverstone all weekend, so I'm used to extortionate prices now, but that takes the biscuit!

Dave B
10th July 2007, 17:32
This was in the same week as the Conservatives floating the idea of putting 7p on a pint to reduce binge drinking. :dozey:

AndySpeed
10th July 2007, 18:22
It's normally a can of Red Bull in a bar that is silly-expensive. :crazy:

GridGirl
10th July 2007, 18:28
I was at Silverstone all weekend, so I'm used to extortionate prices now, but that takes the biscuit!

Thats why you take a cool box full of beer in with you. :p

Loobylou
10th July 2007, 19:26
Is what I was charged for a pint of orange juice and Lemonade last Saturday night whilst doing a disco. I asked the barkeep to check again, which he did and said it was correct. Now if the orange juice had been freshly squeezed between a virgin maidens thighs then I wouldn't have minded so much but it came out of a Tesco's carton.

I finished my brief conversation with the barkeep by enquiring how much a pint of Carling was? £2.85 was his reply. I told him that charging almost a third more for a pint of orange juice and lemonade was taking the pee, he agreed but said it wasn't him who set the prices.

Almost makes you want to drink and drive :angryfire

Tight gits! When we had DJs in we used to give them drinks.

If it didn't come out of a schweppes bottle they're taking the mickey even more than usual. :rolleyes:

Bezza
10th July 2007, 19:46
Orange and lemonade? Thats a girls drink!

schmenke
10th July 2007, 20:20
No, it's fruity.

Ian McC
10th July 2007, 22:13
Oh well, being tee total is just a bitch :D

Daniel
10th July 2007, 22:57
Now if the orange juice had been freshly squeezed between a virgin maidens thighs

Hubba hubba! Now that's something worth paying for!

schmenke
10th July 2007, 23:12

Just watch out for pulp... :s :uhoh:

Bezza
11th July 2007, 00:22

You could put them between your own thighs Daniel ;)

Hazell B
11th July 2007, 21:44
They've legally got to have a price list by the bar, so if they charged that much after having the list it's tough on the customer for not checking.

However, if they don't have a list, you're within your rights to chuck the whole pint in their fruit machine's electrics :p :

Daniel
11th July 2007, 21:49
You could put them between your own thighs Daniel ;)
But that wouldn't be sexy in the slightest :mark:

Eki
11th July 2007, 21:58
I need about 3.50.