PDA

View Full Version : Trukz - Trucking Simulation

Mp3 Astra
10th July 2007, 15:29
Discovered this game called Trukz, and it's surprisingly fun! Fills up free time but also limits your play to make sure you don't get obsessed. :D
It's basically a trucking simulation game using text and numbers and other clever features. Banking, Driving, Stocks and Shares, businesses, supply and demand: the game has it all!
If you get enough money we could create a motorsport forums trucking company :D
I see it as a simulation so I thought I'd post it here.
http://www.trukz.com

Enjoy!

Mark
23rd July 2009, 10:44
This is an old post but one worth dragging up again to mention an email I've just received, which speaks for itself I think.

I've edited the post above but please read the below just to be sure what we're talking about!!

Hi – below is a copy of a request by form I made a short time ago at Motorsport Forums for the webmaster.

Please examine the post made here --> http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums//showthread.php?t=119245.

The poster makes reference to "Truckz" in the title and then links to --> "trukz.com" where the actual name of the game is --> "Trukz".

It is our feeling that this poster’s reference to "truckz" and linking to trukz.com blatantly uses the keyword "truckz" in order to infringe on our trademark. We believe there is no valid reason to make reference to "truckz" when the link goes to trukz.com ... and the correct name of the game is Trukz.

We respectfully request that you amend the post accordingly. Failure to do so will force us to pursue legal remedies, including but not limited to pursuing TOS remedies through your server company.

Thanks...

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 04:32
I do this for a living...lol..do I REALLY want to play at it???? I know it doesn't involve sitting behind a wheel for 11 hours a day!

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 06:41
Stupid me...I started it. Sounds like it is like many of the Facebook games...really simple but strangly addictive....

Azumanga Davo
28th July 2009, 08:20
Was on there for a year solid, but it does take time away from other things that need to be done.

Mark in Oshawa
30th July 2009, 03:25
It is a bit like my real life..but I travel a lot faster in Truckz than I would in reality. Also, the crap truck I have in simulation I wouldn't be caught driving in reality....

Mp3 Astra
3rd August 2009, 02:04
So wait, you guys were going to be sued because I spelled a website's name wrong TWO YEARS AGO? Two words: Holy Truck.

Mark
3rd August 2009, 10:35
So wait, you guys were going to be sued because I spelled a website's name wrong TWO YEARS AGO? Two words: Holy Truck.

Quite. Weird or what!

Jag_Warrior
3rd August 2009, 17:46
Does that rank in the Top 10 of dumbest emails you've ever received, Mark?

Mark
3rd August 2009, 18:28
It challenges for the number 1 spot!

Daniel
3rd August 2009, 21:26
Trucking hell. What a fool.

MrJan
3rd August 2009, 21:57
I love the use of the word 'blatently', I had to re-read the quote a few times to work out what the hell they were on about. They must have desperately tried to come up with a valid reason for the spelling difference and obviously reached the perfectly logical conclusion that it was to infringe trademark rather than being a typo :laugh: Stupid trukerz

Stu_H
4th August 2009, 08:39
Unreal!! It's that sort of person that has made the world what it is...a place full of PC, health & safety mad freaks. It's probably the same person that sued McDonald's all those years ago for being served a coffee that was actually hot.

Maybe they can start legal action against my post, mothertruckers!