PDA

View Full Version : Polestar to join WTCC at Anderstorp

SEATFreak
10th July 2007, 14:07
Back on the 13 December on touringcartimes.com it was announced that two teams from the STCC would do a few rounds. Well one will officially join. Polestar-Volvo who will run one Volvo with bio-ethanol from home race at Anderstorp on 29 July. The first WTCC team to do so.

The driver of course will be a current in the STCC - Rob Dalhgren. The Swede will join an already considerable Swedish contingent in the WTCC. RBM bound Fredrik Eckblom, Chevy duo Rikard Rydell and new driver Nicklas Karlsson and Elgh Motorsport Carl Rosemblad.

Apart from that, that is all I know.

What do you guys rekon? Think they will do well? Or will they go the way of Russian Bears Motorsport and do only Zandvoort and Valencia before dissapearing?

AlexD
10th July 2007, 15:29
I think they will do well. They are quite sucessful in the STCC and have a lot of experience of the track.

VkmSpouge
10th July 2007, 16:24
It's always nice to see something that isn't a BMW, Chevy, SEAT or Alfa in the WTCC. I hope the Polestar Volvos go well.

Captain VXR
10th July 2007, 16:51
Good luck Polestar

SEATFreak
11th July 2007, 08:38
One thing that needs clearing up about the article before I continue with Polestar.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1301

It does deffo say:

...joining fellow Swedes...Nicklas Karlsson (Chevrolet)and Carl Rosenblad (Elgh Motorsport BMW) on the grid."

Why would it say that when, though Nicklas does race for them, it is in the STCC and as far as I know RML aren't going to add another to Larini, Huff and Menu and their isn't going to be another Chevrolet team in the WTCC?

Jimmy Magnusson
11th July 2007, 12:01
Dunno. He has good relations with the RML team though (brand new 07 spec car, tested with them, Eric Nevé and Alain Menu appeared on the latest press conference). From what I understand most of the money comes from Chevy :)

http://www.stcc.se/typo3temp/pics/4662e96e06.jpghttp://www.stcc.se/typo3temp/pics/4662e96e06.jpg

SEATFreak
11th July 2007, 12:39
Guess we will never know.

So, back to the new team in town. Polestar. From what I have researched, so sadly none of it is coming from my head, on Polestar/Dahlgren they look like their doing a decent job in the STCC. Dahlgren is second in the drivers standings and Polestar are third in the teams standings.

Would I be hoping for too much if this race in the WTCC could possibly put them in an even better shape for their fight on the STCC Drivers and Teams Championship upon their return to the STCC for the metting after next in a place called Karlskoga on August 19? Just a thought. :)

Jimmy Magnusson
11th July 2007, 13:32
Well, they did tone down the expectations just a bit because of the tyres (Polestar hasn't raced on Yokohama's at all). Dahlgren is indeed doing well and would in fact have led the championship hadn't he gotten nailed by Kristoffersson on the penultimate lap of the last race (Kristoffersson's bump allowed his teammate Stippler to go past and take 2nd in the race).

Koppomsbo
12th July 2007, 19:27
Well, they did tone down the expectations just a bit because of the tyres (Polestar hasn't raced on Yokohama's at all). Dahlgren is indeed doing well and would in fact have led the championship hadn't he gotten nailed by Kristoffersson on the penultimate lap of the last race (Kristoffersson's bump allowed his teammate Stippler to go past and take 2nd in the race).

Yes, Dahlgren is doing great but he probably wont have a chance for the title if not his team mate Storkenfeldt gets some better scores..