PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or however you call it

jarrambide
19th December 2006, 07:07
It doesn´t matter if these days are religious,or spiritual, or family and social oriented or any other meaning you gave them, in the end they are about good things in our life and we kind of celebrate the same, lets respect our differences but rejoice in our coincidences.
I hope the best to every one of the members, don´t forget to look around you and enjoy the company of your friends, family and loved ones, whatever meaning you give these days, hope you can reflect on that meaning and have peace and joy and happy memories, and lots of gifts, whether they are from Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Noel, the 3 Wise Men, Baby Jesus, Olentzero, Saint Basil, Joulupukki, Ded Moroz or any other name I have forgotten.

2 1 factum est autem in diebus illis exiit edictum a Caesare Augusto ut describeretur universus orbis 2 haec descriptio prima facta est praeside Syriae Cyrino 3 et ibant omnes ut profiterentur singuli in suam civitatem 4 ascendit autem et Ioseph a Galilaea de civitate Nazareth in Iudaeam civitatem David quae vocatur Bethleem eo quod esset de domo et familia David 5 ut profiteretur cum Maria desponsata sibi uxore praegnate 6 factum est autem cum essent ibi impleti sunt dies ut pareret 7 et peperit filium suum primogenitum et pannis eum involvit et reclinavit eum in praesepio quia non erat eis locus in diversorio
8 et pastores erant in regione eadem vigilantes et custodientes vigilias noctis supra gregem suum 9 et ecce angelus Domini stetit iuxta illos et claritas Dei circumfulsit illos et timuerunt timore magno 10 et dixit illis angelus nolite timere ecce enim evangelizo vobis gaudium magnum quod erit omni populo 11 quia natus est vobis hodie salvator qui est Christus Dominus in civitate David 12 et hoc vobis signum invenietis infantem pannis involutum et positum in praesepio 13 et subito facta est cum angelo multitudo militiae caelestis laudantium Deum et dicentium 14 gloria in altissimis Deo et in terra pax in hominibus bonae voluntatis 15 et factum est ut discesserunt ab eis angeli in caelum pastores loquebantur ad invicem transeamus usque Bethleem et videamus hoc verbum quod factum est quod fecit Dominus et ostendit nobis 16 et venerunt festinantes et invenerunt Mariam et Ioseph et infantem positum in praesepio 17 videntes autem cognoverunt de verbo quod dictum erat illis de puero hoc 18 et omnes qui audierunt mirati sunt et de his quae dicta erant a pastoribus ad ipsos 19 Maria autem conservabat omnia verba haec conferens in corde suo 20 et reversi sunt pastores glorificantes et laudantes Deum in omnibus quae audierant et viderant sicut dictum est ad illos
21 et postquam consummati sunt dies octo ut circumcideretur vocatum est nomen eius Iesus quod vocatum est ab angelo priusquam in utero conciperetur 22 et postquam impleti sunt dies purgationis eius secundum legem Mosi tulerunt illum in Hierusalem ut sisterent eum Domino 23 sicut scriptum est in lege Domini quia omne masculinum adaperiens vulvam sanctum Domino vocabitur 24 et ut darent hostiam secundum quod dictum est in lege Domini par turturum aut duos pullos columbarum
25 et ecce homo erat in Hierusalem cui nomen Symeon et homo iste iustus et timoratus expectans consolationem Israhel et Spiritus Sanctus erat in eo 26 et responsum acceperat ab Spiritu Sancto non visurum se mortem nisi prius videret Christum Domini 27 et venit in Spiritu in templum et cum inducerent puerum Iesum parentes eius ut facerent secundum consuetudinem legis pro eo 28 et ipse accepit eum in ulnas suas et benedixit Deum et dixit 29 nunc dimittis servum tuum Domine secundum verbum tuum in pace 30 quia viderunt oculi mei salutare tuum 31 quod parasti ante faciem omnium populorum 32 lumen ad revelationem gentium et gloriam plebis tuae Israhel 33 et erat pater eius et mater mirantes super his quae dicebantur de illo 34 et benedixit illis Symeon et dixit ad Mariam matrem eius ecce positus est hic in ruinam et resurrectionem multorum in Israhel et in signum cui contradicetur 35 et tuam ipsius animam pertransiet gladius ut revelentur ex multis cordibus cogitationes 36 et erat Anna prophetissa filia Phanuhel de tribu Aser haec processerat in diebus multis et vixerat cum viro suo annis septem a virginitate sua 37 et haec vidua usque ad annos octoginta quattuor quae non discedebat de templo ieiuniis et obsecrationibus serviens nocte ac die 38 et haec ipsa hora superveniens confitebatur Domino et loquebatur de illo omnibus qui expectabant redemptionem Hierusalem 39 et ut perfecerunt omnia secundum legem Domini reversi sunt in Galilaeam in civitatem suam Nazareth 40 puer autem crescebat et confortabatur plenus sapientia et gratia Dei erat in illo
41 et ibant parentes eius per omnes annos in Hierusalem in die sollemni paschae 42 et cum factus esset annorum duodecim ascendentibus illis in Hierosolymam secundum consuetudinem diei festi 43 consummatisque diebus cum redirent remansit puer Iesus in Hierusalem et non cognoverunt parentes eius 44 existimantes autem illum esse in comitatu venerunt iter diei et requirebant eum inter cognatos et notos 45 et non invenientes regressi sunt in Hierusalem requirentes eum 46 et factum est post triduum invenerunt illum in templo sedentem in medio doctorum audientem illos et interrogantem 47 stupebant autem omnes qui eum audiebant super prudentia et responsis eius 48 et videntes admirati sunt et dixit mater eius ad illum fili quid fecisti nobis sic ecce pater tuus et ego dolentes quaerebamus te 49 et ait ad illos quid est quod me quaerebatis nesciebatis quia in his quae Patris mei sunt oportet me esse 50 et ipsi non intellexerunt verbum quod locutus est ad illos 51 et descendit cum eis et venit Nazareth et erat subditus illis et mater eius conservabat omnia verba haec in corde suo 52 et Iesus proficiebat sapientia aetate et gratia apud Deum et homines.

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
by Clement Clarke Moore

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

janneppi
19th December 2006, 09:58
Rauhallista joulua. :)

BaldyMan
19th December 2006, 10:51
Seasons Greetings One & All.
All the Best in 2007

Donney
19th December 2006, 11:57
Well, Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo!!!!!!

EuroTroll
19th December 2006, 12:48
Mumba pumba la wumba Jason Christ! :up: Wally pumba la 2006 dzhah pumba 2007! ;) :beer:

millencolin
19th December 2006, 14:55
merry Xmas.. but damn it i cant wait till its over, i hate xmas shopping, and working in a shopping centre compounds my hatred of it

franna3
19th December 2006, 16:06
Merry Christmas to all.

Drew
19th December 2006, 19:42
Nadolig Llawen! Merry Christmas! Happy Tree Day! :p :

What's Kwanzaa when it's at home, anyway?

jso1985
19th December 2006, 19:49
Merry Chistmas to everyone :)

And this is for a good 2007 :beer:

jarrambide
19th December 2006, 20:05
Nadolig Llawen! Merry Christmas! Happy Tree Day! :p :

What's Kwanzaa when it's at home, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

Fahad_H
19th December 2006, 21:43
Eid Mubarak.
Merry Christmas.
Happy Hanukkah.

and happy holidays for all :D

CarlMetro
20th December 2006, 01:15
A happy and safe festive season to all.

May you all get what you deserve and deserve what you get :D

ozrevhead
20th December 2006, 02:36
Buon Natalie TUTI!........in other words - HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

May your families have a great New Year and my all the drivers & marshals in all forms of Motor sport be kept safe in 2007

Special Prayers to everyone we have lost this year - famous and non famous alike

Alexamateo
20th December 2006, 05:00
Feliz navidad Jose! :)

So who comes to visit you in Monterey

Santa o Los Reyes Magos?

PS very impressed with the Latin :up:

jarrambide
20th December 2006, 06:16
Feliz navidad Jose! :)

So who comes to visit you in Monterey

Santa o Los Reyes Magos?

PS very impressed with the Latin :up:
Great question, Los Reyes usually visit kids in the central and south part of the country, Santa usually visits kids in the north part of the country, other differences are that central and southern Mexicans have nacimientos (nativity scenes) inside their house, while northern Mexicans usually have a christmas tree, central and southern mexicans usually eat bacalao a la vizcaina (cot), and romeritos, northern Mexicans usually have pavo (turkey) with gravy.

In Monterrey Santa visits the kids on the 24th and Reyes on the 6th of January, in my house, Santa gave me one gift on the 24th, El Niño Dios (baby Jesus) gave me another one on the 24th and Reyes Magos one on the 6th of January.

And most houses on Monterrey have a christmas tree and a nativity scene(nacimiento)

Woodeye
20th December 2006, 08:57
Hyvää Joulua ja loistavaa vuotta 2007!

Merry X-mas and splendid year 2007!

:D

Alexamateo
20th December 2006, 14:17
Great question, Los Reyes usually visit kids in the central and south part of the country, Santa usually visits kids in the north part of the country, other differences are that central and southern Mexicans have nacimientos (nativity scenes) inside their house, while northern Mexicans usually have a christmas tree, central and southern mexicans usually eat bacalao a la vizcaina (cot), and romeritos, northern Mexicans usually have pavo (turkey) with gravy.

In Monterrey Santa visits the kids on the 24th and Reyes on the 6th of January, in my house, Santa gave me one gift on the 24th, El Niño Dios (baby Jesus) gave me another one on the 24th and Reyes Magos one on the 6th of January.

And most houses on Monterrey have a christmas tree and a nativity scene(nacimiento)

Romeritos :s Ugh! My wife made those our first Christmas together and I don't like them. In our house, we have both a nacimiento and a tree. After dinner on the 24th, at midnight, we'll read from the Bible and the baby Jesus will make his first appearance in the nativity. On the 25th, the kids will wake up to see what Santa has brought them. Seeing wht you wrote, I remember my wife's sister and brothers talking to their children about El Nino Dios and Christmas morning. (Although, Santa is mentioned too because they now live in the north of Mexico (they are all originally from D.F.))

On the 6th of January, we are almost always back in the US. (In fact this year, we are spending all Christmas here with my family.) We'll usually have a get-together with my wife's Latina friends and have some small gifts for the kids. We'll have another reading from the Bible and that's when we'll take the Nativity down.

My oldest turns 3 on December 29 and it is fantastic to watch her, because this is the first Christmas she will truly remember.

pino
20th December 2006, 14:19
Buon Natale a tutti :D

Glædelig Jul til alle (that's danish) :p :

stevie_gerrard
20th December 2006, 18:09
Indeed, a merry christmas to you all, and a wonderful 2007, you all deserve it :) :p :

jarrambide
20th December 2006, 22:33
Buon Natale a tutti :D

Glædelig Jul til alle (that's danish) :p :

And who gives presents in Italy and Denmark mi estimado amigo con el mismo nombre que yo?

pino
20th December 2006, 22:55
And who gives presents in Italy and Denmark mi estimado amigo con el mismo nombre que yo?

In Italy is Babbo Natale (santa), in Denmark...haven't found out yet :p :

Mark in Oshawa
21st December 2006, 19:41
Merry Christmas to all...wherever you are, whether you are an Aussie/Kiwi/Springbok down under, or a Mexican/American/Canadian/Irish/Euroepean of any sort.....

I love a tradtional Snowy Christmas, even if I hate it the rest of the winter....and I hope by chance I get one, but it doesn't look like it today.....

Jose, your explaination of Christmas in Mexico was facinating my friend, I would have never have thought the south and north celebrated differently?

Even the French in Canada who don't do anything like us Anglo's at least have their Christmas tress and traditions pretty much the same as the rest of Canada and the US...

jarrambide
21st December 2006, 21:41
And that is not the only thing is different between the North and the South or the only traditions that are a little bit different.

But Christmas is Christmas no matter the meaning you give to it or how do you celebrate it.

MadCat
21st December 2006, 22:35
Nadolig Llawen! Merry Christmas to you all :) Hope you have a safe and happy 2007!

oily oaf
23rd December 2006, 08:28
Dear Accursed Infidels
Please enjoy a most diverting, but ultimately decadence free Winterval you filthy Western jackels.

Lots of love and big huggy wug wugs
Mohammed
The George W Bush Training Camp For The More Discerning Terrorist
Afghan/Pakistan Border
xxxxxxxxxxx

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 20:33
Dear Accursed Infidels
Please enjoy a most diverting, but ultimately decadence free Winterval you filthy Western jackels.

Lots of love and big huggy wug wugs
Mohammed
The George W Bush Training Camp For The More Discerning Terrorist
Afghan/Pakistan Border
xxxxxxxxxxx

Get on your camel and sling your hook! :p :

Ian McC
23rd December 2006, 20:33
Merry Xmas / Bah humbug (delete as appropriate)

oily oaf
23rd December 2006, 21:03
Get on your camel and sling your hook! :p :

I say that's a bit harsh Mac old boy :(

Season of goodwill and all that doncha know.

Apologise or I'll plant a device under your floorboards. Either that or you get a Cliff Richard compilation album in your Christmas stocking chief :mad:

'ang on cancel that last threat. There are boundaries that even I wont cross :s mokin:

oily oaf
24th December 2006, 11:01
At this blessed time of year what better than to treat all of my friends on the forum to a real traditional taste of London's East End and so with this in mind I took my video camera and managed to secure an interview with none other than The Lord Mayor of Whitechapel who kindly agreed to send you this seasonal message.

WARNING Contains naughty words and is therefore unsuitable for kiddywinks, ladeeez and Australians.
No tramps were harmed in the making of this movie.

www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/

oily oaf
24th December 2006, 11:07
At this blessed time of year what better than to send all my friends on this forum a real taste of a traditional East End christmas and so with this in mind I took my trusty video camera and managed to secure an interview with none other than The Lord Mayor of Whitechapel who kindly agreed to send you this festive message. www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/ (http://www.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/)

WARNING Contains some very naughty words and is therefore unsuitable for kiddywinks, laydeez and Australians.
No tramps were harmed in the making of this movie :)

oily oaf
24th December 2006, 11:18
At this blessed time of year what better I thought than to send all my forum friends a real taste of a traditional East London Christmas and so with this in mind I ventured forth with my trusty video camera and managed to secure an interview with none other than The Lord Mayor of Whitechapel who sends you this festive message.

WARNING Contains very naughty words indeed and is therefore unsuitable for kiddywinks, laydeez and Australians.
No tramps were harmed in the making of this movie

http://www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/

RaikkonenRules
25th December 2006, 03:03
It doesn´t matter if these days are religious,or spiritual, or family and social oriented or any other meaning you gave them, in the end they are about good things in our life and we kind of celebrate the same, lets respect our differences but rejoice in our coincidences.
I hope the best to every one of the members, don´t forget to look around you and enjoy the company of your friends, family and loved ones, whatever meaning you give these days, hope you can reflect on that meaning and have peace and joy and happy memories, and lots of gifts, whether they are from Santa Claus, Father Christmas, Noel, the 3 Wise Men, Baby Jesus, Olentzero, Saint Basil, Joulupukki, Ded Moroz or any other name I have forgotten.

2 1 factum est autem in diebus illis exiit edictum a Caesare Augusto ut describeretur universus orbis 2 haec descriptio prima facta est praeside Syriae Cyrino 3 et ibant omnes ut profiterentur singuli in suam civitatem 4 ascendit autem et Ioseph a Galilaea de civitate Nazareth in Iudaeam civitatem David quae vocatur Bethleem eo quod esset de domo et familia David 5 ut profiteretur cum Maria desponsata sibi uxore praegnate 6 factum est autem cum essent ibi impleti sunt dies ut pareret 7 et peperit filium suum primogenitum et pannis eum involvit et reclinavit eum in praesepio quia non erat eis locus in diversorio
8 et pastores erant in regione eadem vigilantes et custodientes vigilias noctis supra gregem suum 9 et ecce angelus Domini stetit iuxta illos et claritas Dei circumfulsit illos et timuerunt timore magno 10 et dixit illis angelus nolite timere ecce enim evangelizo vobis gaudium magnum quod erit omni populo 11 quia natus est vobis hodie salvator qui est Christus Dominus in civitate David 12 et hoc vobis signum invenietis infantem pannis involutum et positum in praesepio 13 et subito facta est cum angelo multitudo militiae caelestis laudantium Deum et dicentium 14 gloria in altissimis Deo et in terra pax in hominibus bonae voluntatis 15 et factum est ut discesserunt ab eis angeli in caelum pastores loquebantur ad invicem transeamus usque Bethleem et videamus hoc verbum quod factum est quod fecit Dominus et ostendit nobis 16 et venerunt festinantes et invenerunt Mariam et Ioseph et infantem positum in praesepio 17 videntes autem cognoverunt de verbo quod dictum erat illis de puero hoc 18 et omnes qui audierunt mirati sunt et de his quae dicta erant a pastoribus ad ipsos 19 Maria autem conservabat omnia verba haec conferens in corde suo 20 et reversi sunt pastores glorificantes et laudantes Deum in omnibus quae audierant et viderant sicut dictum est ad illos
21 et postquam consummati sunt dies octo ut circumcideretur vocatum est nomen eius Iesus quod vocatum est ab angelo priusquam in utero conciperetur 22 et postquam impleti sunt dies purgationis eius secundum legem Mosi tulerunt illum in Hierusalem ut sisterent eum Domino 23 sicut scriptum est in lege Domini quia omne masculinum adaperiens vulvam sanctum Domino vocabitur 24 et ut darent hostiam secundum quod dictum est in lege Domini par turturum aut duos pullos columbarum
25 et ecce homo erat in Hierusalem cui nomen Symeon et homo iste iustus et timoratus expectans consolationem Israhel et Spiritus Sanctus erat in eo 26 et responsum acceperat ab Spiritu Sancto non visurum se mortem nisi prius videret Christum Domini 27 et venit in Spiritu in templum et cum inducerent puerum Iesum parentes eius ut facerent secundum consuetudinem legis pro eo 28 et ipse accepit eum in ulnas suas et benedixit Deum et dixit 29 nunc dimittis servum tuum Domine secundum verbum tuum in pace 30 quia viderunt oculi mei salutare tuum 31 quod parasti ante faciem omnium populorum 32 lumen ad revelationem gentium et gloriam plebis tuae Israhel 33 et erat pater eius et mater mirantes super his quae dicebantur de illo 34 et benedixit illis Symeon et dixit ad Mariam matrem eius ecce positus est hic in ruinam et resurrectionem multorum in Israhel et in signum cui contradicetur 35 et tuam ipsius animam pertransiet gladius ut revelentur ex multis cordibus cogitationes 36 et erat Anna prophetissa filia Phanuhel de tribu Aser haec processerat in diebus multis et vixerat cum viro suo annis septem a virginitate sua 37 et haec vidua usque ad annos octoginta quattuor quae non discedebat de templo ieiuniis et obsecrationibus serviens nocte ac die 38 et haec ipsa hora superveniens confitebatur Domino et loquebatur de illo omnibus qui expectabant redemptionem Hierusalem 39 et ut perfecerunt omnia secundum legem Domini reversi sunt in Galilaeam in civitatem suam Nazareth 40 puer autem crescebat et confortabatur plenus sapientia et gratia Dei erat in illo
41 et ibant parentes eius per omnes annos in Hierusalem in die sollemni paschae 42 et cum factus esset annorum duodecim ascendentibus illis in Hierosolymam secundum consuetudinem diei festi 43 consummatisque diebus cum redirent remansit puer Iesus in Hierusalem et non cognoverunt parentes eius 44 existimantes autem illum esse in comitatu venerunt iter diei et requirebant eum inter cognatos et notos 45 et non invenientes regressi sunt in Hierusalem requirentes eum 46 et factum est post triduum invenerunt illum in templo sedentem in medio doctorum audientem illos et interrogantem 47 stupebant autem omnes qui eum audiebant super prudentia et responsis eius 48 et videntes admirati sunt et dixit mater eius ad illum fili quid fecisti nobis sic ecce pater tuus et ego dolentes quaerebamus te 49 et ait ad illos quid est quod me quaerebatis nesciebatis quia in his quae Patris mei sunt oportet me esse 50 et ipsi non intellexerunt verbum quod locutus est ad illos 51 et descendit cum eis et venit Nazareth et erat subditus illis et mater eius conservabat omnia verba haec in corde suo 52 et Iesus proficiebat sapientia aetate et gratia apud Deum et homines.

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
by Clement Clarke Moore

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

I'm not reading all of that :p : You must have had alot of time on your hands.

Eki
26th December 2006, 11:36
Sorry I'm late, but Merry Christmas to everyone!

F1boat
26th December 2006, 12:19
Merry Christmas to the best motorsport forum in the world and its members.