PDA

View Full Version : Have we had an upgrade?

Ian McC
9th July 2007, 16:42
Almost looks like a new forum now?! :D

Nick Brad
9th July 2007, 16:56
Yeah, I'm not so sure I like it, I suppose i'll get used to it if it's permanent though.

janneppi
9th July 2007, 17:26
It certainly takes getting used to.

SEATFreak
9th July 2007, 17:38
But more on the hi-tech side I feel. I like it.

I feel like saying "To infinity and beyond!" or putting on my Buck Rogers outfit! :laugh:

Serious face now! I do like it. I like the way you can hit the "up" button on the top of the post and the post dissapears. Joy!!

Woodeye
9th July 2007, 19:10
I vote for the old one. Dunno but something is bothering me in this new... :s

Scuderia ferrari
9th July 2007, 19:12
It's okay, but if i had to vote, i'd go with the old one. This may start to get me to like it more soon, but i'm not sure about it.

janneppi
9th July 2007, 19:41
I vote for the old one. Dunno but something is bothering me in this new... :s
I think there is too much empty space now, while i like having the name on the right corner, i feel the other information takes too much space, same with the bottom of the post thingy with edit/delete-options

Ian McC
9th July 2007, 19:54
Some people just don't like change! :p :

SEATFreak
9th July 2007, 20:04
Gotta agree. I mean look at the graphics for the BBC weather. When that came out to replace the old 2 Dimensional graphics people did complain. Some were aired on Points of View.

But quickly it did die down and people quickly got used to it, seemingly, whilst being unaware.

It will be the same here. I bet suddenly people will think nothing of it.

Jonesi
9th July 2007, 20:13
Did the font size or font change? Because it seems harder to read now.

jso1985
9th July 2007, 20:51
looks more like any other forum now but I'm ok with it

garyshell
9th July 2007, 21:56
On the main page of each forum, I noticed that the little icon next to each thread title that you click to go to the first unread post has changed a bit. It used to be when you came back to that page after reading new posts, the icon would have a little "halo" around it showing you the last thread you'd viewed. That little "halo" doesn't show up anymore. It makes it a might tougher to find your place when you go back to the main page.

Gary

MrJan
9th July 2007, 22:13
I'd only just got used to the old new forum. Now we've got a new new forum. And I still prefer the old old forum in red and white (Exeter City colours). There seem to be a lot of dashes everywhere. All round the status and that under your username. not in anyway interesting but I haven't got much else to say. Might keep saying suff though, just for the hell of it. On the other hand I might go and get a beer, yup a beer sounds like a good idea :beer:

Dave B
9th July 2007, 22:53
There are certain icons that are universally recognised on forums, such as the "go to first unread post" and "you have contributed to this thread". It just seems strange and counterintuative without these.

And there's a lot of blank space between posts. A lot.

I like the btccinfo.co.uk version though :D Thanks Mark :up:

PLuto
9th July 2007, 23:03
I would like older face of forum too...

Lousada
9th July 2007, 23:10
There is way too much needless graphics and way too much empty space.

harvick#1
9th July 2007, 23:35
Go back to the old one :s

Ian McC
10th July 2007, 00:06
And there's a lot of blank space between posts. A lot.

Making room for avatars? :eek: :p :

jens
10th July 2007, 00:12
When I came to the forum, I was very positively surprised. I truly like the new version!! ;) :up:

Hazell B
10th July 2007, 00:26
Maybe I'm blind (or feckless with computers) but all I thought was it had reverted back to an old version and my pooter had invented a new way to annoy me :rolleyes:

I like it :up:

PLuto
10th July 2007, 00:52
OK, there can be new version, but we wants old skin!

harvick#1
10th July 2007, 01:08
I would like to see more than 3 lines and 300 letters in the sig

plus an avatar would be cool, the site below has basically anything you want and it doens't run slow at all

jonny hurlock
10th July 2007, 01:39
its a improvement, I like it, only problem GP2 in the F1 Forum, i perfered it in the main menu

Valve Bounce
10th July 2007, 03:58
Some people just don't like change! :p :

Nearly freaked out - I thought I was being hijacked to 10-tenths. :p :
Then I found ioan here and realised things were still OK. :D

bowler
10th July 2007, 04:57
i think it is ok

Mark
10th July 2007, 08:33
I hope you do like the new style, but if you really can't get used to it, the old default style is still available, use the style picker drop down box at the bottom of the page and choose "Old Default Style"

If there is anything missing from the old style that doesn't show up here then let me know and I'll try to put it back in.

janneppi
10th July 2007, 09:26
Mark, Is the location and size of the quote/edit... box a done deal?
I feel it adds a bit too much empty space between posts compared to the old way of having it inside the post box.

New
http://www.students.tut.fi/%7Epoutiaij/ku.jpg

Old
http://www.students.tut.fi/%7Epoutiaij/ku2.jpg
Would it be possible to do it like in the lower pic?

Mark
10th July 2007, 09:29
Nothing is a done deal, and I've already been looking into changing it so it looks exactly as you've depicted there. It would mean drastically cutting sig legnths, but that's no bad thing :p

janneppi
10th July 2007, 09:33
Well, who reads sigs anyway? I know I usually loose interest in the message after the first line or fifth word :p :

PLuto
10th July 2007, 11:58
I hope you do like the new style, but if you really can't get used to it, the old default style is still available, use the style picker drop down box at the bottom of the page and choose "Old Default Style"

If there is anything missing from the old style that doesn't show up here then let me know and I'll try to put it back in.

I thought older version of forum with blue background...

Karbonyl
10th July 2007, 13:23
I agree with PLuto, the old one "all blue" skin was the beeeeeeeeeeest http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/cry.gif

Mirek
10th July 2007, 13:30
This new skin does not provide an easy survey. For me the blue one was much better for quick orientation, sorry :confused:

Dave B
10th July 2007, 13:48
I've worked out what's bugging me: it's that "collapse" box and arrow above every single post. That's what's giving the impression of all the wasted space:

Brown, Jon Brow
10th July 2007, 13:48
It seems more complicated than before!

Too much going on and too many features :\

janneppi
10th July 2007, 14:00
I'm a happy camper now, the long awaited side format is back, birthdays are in the bottom, things are just like they were in 2005 :)
Rallyforym layout isn't too bad either.

Only problem i see is that the buttons aren't in their right place if the post is nly one or two rows long.

Mark
10th July 2007, 14:05
Only problem i see is that the buttons aren't in their right place if the post is nly one or two rows long.

I know :s . I'd like them to be at the bottom but I've found I've ran out of HTML talent :( :p

Dave B
10th July 2007, 14:08
I've worked out what's bugging me: it's that "collapse" box and arrow above every single post. That's what's giving the impression of all the wasted space:
And now they've gone - what excellent service! :D :up:

Of course, now the ones at the bottom look weird.... :p

Speedworx
10th July 2007, 15:24
I like it. Nice to see the user info back where it belongs down the side of posts.

Just need some darker skins for the forum as they are all too pale at the moment.

Good work Mark.

CharlieJ
10th July 2007, 16:27
Personally, I like it... but that might be partly because it blends in so well with my Windows XP Silver theme so it's not so obvious that I'm looking at the forum at work. :uhoh:

MD24
10th July 2007, 17:45
Finally the pages of the forum fit my screen and it looks great

Thanks Mark

luvracin
10th July 2007, 19:31
I like it.

PLuto
10th July 2007, 21:35
I dont like it.

martinbalmer
10th July 2007, 22:49
Making room for avatars? :eek: :p :

Please no! They're graphical equivilent of the loud mouth from Effingham.. :p :

truefan72
10th July 2007, 23:37
I don't like it, looks so basic and too wide

schmenke
11th July 2007, 00:47
There is way too much needless graphics and way too much empty space.

Sounds like a girl I used to date... :s

schmenke
11th July 2007, 00:48
I don't like it, looks so basic and too wide

Sounds like a girl I used to date... :s

stevie_gerrard
11th July 2007, 00:50
i find it unusual, but i suppose after a while i will be used to it.

schmenke
11th July 2007, 00:51
i find it unusual, but i suppose after a while i will be used to it.

That's what I first said about a girl I used to date... :s

Storm
11th July 2007, 04:54
too much colour...I like the old old forum best.......pre nov 06

we are having too many upgrades if you will...Mark!

Valve Bounce
11th July 2007, 06:45
That's what I first said about a girl I used to date... :s

You need to improve your choice of dates.

speedy king
11th July 2007, 19:41
I hate it :s It's messy and cluttered, bring back the nice shades of colour and simple layout we had a couple of years ago :( And the design looks like what you find on google if you search on how to build your own forum. Sorry but the old styles look far more professional and unique :(

Dave B
12th July 2007, 10:55
I hate it :s It's messy and cluttered,...looks like what you find on google if you search

Sounds like a girl I used to date :s

:p

Drew
12th July 2007, 13:50
Every time I disconnect myself from the internet for a week or a month this place seems to change :p :

Erki
12th July 2007, 21:12
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119199&page=3&styleid=1

Come on, what is, you can still choose to use the "Old default style" - take a look at the "skin chooser" at the bottom left.

And I can still have my user info on top. Just like the girl I used to date... :uhoh:

PLuto
12th July 2007, 23:18
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119199&page=3&styleid=1

Come on, what is, you can still choose to use the "Old default style" - take a look at the "skin chooser" at the bottom left.

And I can still have my user info on top. Just like the girl I used to date... :uhoh:

But this isnt old default style, which we would like to see. We wants version with blue background, smaller fonts, less free space...

Erki
13th July 2007, 01:02
Less free space? Move to Taiwan or something then if you want less free space. :p

Drew
13th July 2007, 01:44
I've gotten use to it now and now I think it was a smart move, there are much more useful features on this thing :)

COD
15th July 2007, 18:52
Looks a bit messier than earlier at first glance but maybe it's just something to get used to (like a girl I used to date :D )

There seem to be some features I miss, but will get back to it once I have used this for a while...

tinchote
15th July 2007, 20:18
I don't like it much.

It's good to have the old styles available. But, Mark, when I try "motorsport.com", the posts seems to have fixed width, and they only take about half my screen.

tinchote
18th July 2007, 18:21
Mark, another question: I'm using the "old forums default" now. I seem to remember that in the past there used to be a dot marking the threads where I had contributed. Would it be possible to have that back? That feature is in the new layout, I guess (with the colouring), it would be good to have in the old one too.