PDA

View Full Version : Rossi post-2008

Ranger
9th July 2007, 15:36
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60673

If titles don't go his way this year and next, I'm inclined to think he will be on the move again, probably for the last time. Of course, there is probably Lorenzo on a factory Yamaha next year (in all but name, most likely) which should be interesting, but I can't help thinking of the possibility of him on a Ducati. Think of it - Italian rider (many titles) on Italian machinery (who will most likely be champions by then) triumphing into the sunset. Although personally I'd be more interested if his team-mate then is the guy who's currently leading the title.

Gimme your opinions people!

Corny
9th July 2007, 16:37
I'm sure he'll not go to Ducati, he can only go off there next to Stoner. To be honest, I think he'll retire after 08..

leopard
10th July 2007, 07:09
I'd suggest Yamaha if he fails again this season, to give the same factory bike to Lorenzo, whether in the same or different team with Rossi wouldn't make a sense, No excuse!.

The Phantom
10th July 2007, 17:44
Well I don't remember where I read it today, but apparently Rossi is currently looking to stay on perhaps until 2010. And allegedly is planning to do so in order to beat off Pedrosa, Lorenzo, and I'm sure Stoner.

He's always entirely enjoyed his racing, but it must be better again when he has some real competition to fight against. So while it's fun, might as well enjoy it. After all, having fun is half the fun : )

tha_jackal
11th July 2007, 04:01
Well he's locked in at Yamaha for next year and recently he's come out and said he'll ride until hes 31/32 .. So that leaves it wide open until 2010 and beyond..

The interesting question is where will he be riding come 2009 ;) Also, I think its FANTASTIC (to use the word of Darryl Beattie) that he's planning on sticking around to face the challenge of the new young pretenders in Stoner, Pedrosa, (soon to be) Lorenzo .. Exciting times ahead!

Valentino Rossi Boy
12th July 2007, 18:24
If Yamaha win this year and Colin Edwards have a bad season there will replace him with Lorenzo

ChrisS
13th July 2007, 20:39
If I'm not mistaken Rossi said he wont move or race without JB, I don't think Burgess will be too willing to move and set up a new team from the ground up again.

My opinion is that Rossi will remain in Yamaha with JB for 2009-2010 before both of them retire

tha_jackal
15th July 2007, 04:51
Bah! I wanna see how Rossi goes without EVERYTHING just how he wants it.. Thats where the true test would be.. JB to retire at the end of 08 and Rossi to try his luck at one more team, that would be ideal IMO...

Mach24
15th July 2007, 06:19
Bah! I wanna see how Rossi goes without EVERYTHING just how he wants it..

I think we all saw that last year.

At least (unlike Doohan) Rossi has already made the move between manufacturers, moving from the biggest and best to Yamaha where he showed what he is capable of.

The Phantom
16th July 2007, 05:23
Rossi has already made the move between manufacturers, moving from the biggest and best to Yamaha where he showed what he is capable of.

I think that was less about Rossi proving his talent (which was already obvious) and more about JB waving his magic wand over the ugly duckling Yamaha...