PDA

View Full Version : Why don't...

Ranger
9th July 2007, 10:41
Bernie and Tilke (or anyone for that matter) conspire to build a Finnish F1 track? Surely you blokes up north have enough of an F1 interest to allow for a success of that venue if it were held, considering there is NO Northern European F1 events. Finland is one of only 2 countries where there has not been a Grand Prix in a nation where an F1 champion has originated - the other being New Zealand. Which seems curious to me as you have a race-winning potential champion at this very moment.

Or are you guys up there just not that interested?

F1MAN2007
9th July 2007, 10:44
I would support this idea and Finland or Scandinavians countries used to have best drivers both in F1 and WRC.

Why not a F1 on ice?

janneppi
9th July 2007, 10:51
Bernie and Tilke (or anyone for that matter) conspire to build a Finnish F1 track? Surely you blokes up north have enough of an F1 interest to allow for a success of that venue if it were held, considering there is NO Northern European F1 events. Finland is one of only 2 countries where there has not been a Grand Prix in a nation where an F1 champion has originated - the other being New Zealand. Which seems curious to me as you have a race-winning potential champion at this very moment.

Or are you guys up there just not that interested?
I'm not sure it would be commercially viable, while it just might get full grandstands at F1 races, having such a big venue would be an overkill for other racing series.
Not to mention being out of use for 5 months because of snow.
We had DTM races in Helsinki centre few years back, but i wouldn put F1's in another city course.