PDA

View Full Version : a small take on f1 journalism

Blackburn Buccaneer
9th July 2007, 07:35
first, an enjoyable race today. Well done raikonen.
Now, is there anyone else here that notices the difference in the way the writers here on this website, present information in their articles? the level of objectiveness here seems way above some of the other major sites. Describing the object of an article as "petulant- my words-, or feeling sorry for himself- again my words, tends to, in my opinion, create an atmosphere for members to believe it may be ok to use poor language when expressing an opinion.

I had to get that off my chest.
Noone asked: this is my opinion: i welcome yours.

The article on f1 today by motorsport, was in my opinion, very professional.

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 08:02
Now, is there anyone else here that notices the difference in the way the writers here on this website, present information in their articles? the level of objectiveness here seems way above some of the other major sites. Describing the object of an article as "petulant- my words-, or feeling sorry for himself- again my words, tends to, in my opinion, create an atmosphere for members to believe it may be ok to use poor language when expressing an opinion.

"QUE?" :confused:

ioan
9th July 2007, 08:11

They very often have very professional articles compared to most of the motorsport sites I read, so yes, you are right about them.

Blackburn Buccaneer
9th July 2007, 08:12
VB,

over the years i've had to create and document proceedures in at least three professions, and i realize it's sometimes tough to present a totally objective product all of the time.
'am not new to f1, but new to f1 forums: so, as a neebie to f1 articles, i ask,
JUST THE FACTS MA'AM.<<<---My misqoute,of a quote

Blackburn Buccaneer
9th July 2007, 08:13
They very often have very professional articles compared to most of the motorsport sites I read, so yes, you are right about them.

Yeah i've seen some very desperate writing elswhere

leopard
9th July 2007, 08:56
That's the reason of you (us) being here

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 10:20
VB,

over the years i've had to create and document proceedures in at least three professions, and i realize it's sometimes tough to present a totally objective product all of the time.
'am not new to f1, but new to f1 forums: so, as a neebie to f1 articles, i ask,
JUST THE FACTS MA'AM.<<<---My misqoute,of a quote

I am stunned by you academic projects. However, I read your led post, and I couldn't put a handle on what you are saying. Maybe I am not reading the F1 article you are talking about - a "Link PLease!!" would greatly assist in my assimilation of the knowledge you propound.

F1MAN2007
9th July 2007, 10:41
I am confused here, can I get a link of what you are talking here Guys? Thanks

ioan
9th July 2007, 11:14
Just go to motorsport.com and read a few of their articles. You'll see that they are doing quality motorsport journalism there compared to all these petty F1 sites.

F1MAN2007
9th July 2007, 13:05
Just go to motorsport.com and read a few of their articles. You'll see that they are doing quality motorsport journalism there compared to all these petty F1 sites.

Thank you man.

That is why I never and will never pay the subscription fees for those dodgy sites.

Blackburn Buccaneer
9th July 2007, 18:36
I am stunned by you academic projects. However, I read your led post, and I couldn't put a handle on what you are saying. Maybe I am not reading the F1 article you are talking about - a "Link PLease!!" would greatly assist in my assimilation of the knowledge you propound.
Valve :bounce:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=260389

sorry vb, i just got back, and won't be here but a few. look at the article above, and read some of their other articles: compare them to articles over the same time on other sites. Thankfuly there is a lack of the salatious in the articles on motorsport.

Blackburn Buccaneer
9th July 2007, 19:14
Valve :bounce:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=260389

sorry vb, i just got back, and won't be here but a few. look at the article above, and read some of their other articles: compare them to articles over the same time on other sites. Thankfuly there is a lack of the salacious in the articles on motorsport.

pardon my spelling. long night.

jas123f1
9th July 2007, 19:29

This is the best forum for Formula One discussion and i have tried a couple of them. That’s my opinion of it. :up: