PDA

View Full Version : Christijan Albers (dropped by Spyker!)

kalasend
2nd July 2007, 21:56
What a foolish mistake that was. After the race he claimed that he saw the lollipop was "starting" to lift. What I saw from replay was that he started to drive away and the lollipop man lifted to let him go (also stupidity from the lollipop man)

I don't know what the drill would be like but shouldn't the driver first watch the fueling from the mirror before looking for the lollipop to lift? I mean, no matter how soon the lollipop man lift, if you see the fuel hose still attached, you cannot go. Simple as that.

I can't help but think that Albers was a complete moron. That was a completely unnessary and avoidable mistake.

truefan72
2nd July 2007, 23:47
why he continues to occupy an F1 seat is baffling to me.

As for the fueling thing, it might be remidied with as simple as an onboard light letting you know when the rig has been remove or the pit radio telling you to go,go,go

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 23:55
I remember the Toyota boys talking about how embarrasing it was when Ralf drove off with the jack still attached to his car. This hose was 100 times worse than that!

I can't help but think that Albers was a complete moron. That was a completely unnessary and avoidable mistake.

And not to mention dangerous.

stevie_gerrard
3rd July 2007, 00:35
It was a very unusual incident, but it was Albers fault, he didnt seem to take any notice of the lollipop :p :

veeten
3rd July 2007, 01:15
well, next race make him get out and pump his own fuel. :p :

ClarkFan
3rd July 2007, 02:34
I do think that if a driver goes early, the lollipop man is supposed to smack him in the face with it, if that is what it takes to get the driver to stop. But Albers got more than a little over-excited.

And Albers will likely occupy the seat as long as his sponsors pay Spyker's bills, or until another driver's sponsors promise to pay a higher percentage of Spyker's bills. :s

ClarkFan

Cozzie
3rd July 2007, 06:37
If he wasn't Dutch, he wouldn't be driving in GP2 let alone F1!

Erki
3rd July 2007, 10:24
He should have pulled that hose off himself and then continued the race.

millencolin
3rd July 2007, 12:35
he shouldnt be in f1... end of story! He's the only pay driver on the grid. Tiago may also have been a pay driver, but he is a lot better than Albers has ever been. But having a Dutch Driver in a Dutch team makes commercial sense for spyker

gjalie
3rd July 2007, 13:08
he shouldnt be in f1... end of story! He's the only pay driver on the grid. Tiago may also have been a pay driver, but he is a lot better than Albers has ever been. But having a Dutch Driver in a Dutch team makes commercial sense for spyker

clearly it was his fault, but when was Monteiro better? What's the commercial sense in letting a dutchman drive when they are trying to sell Spyker cars abroad? i just want too see him till end of the season trying to get it together in the updated car, and when he fails he can be replaced.

RaikkonenRules
3rd July 2007, 13:21
Monteiro was even slower than Albers even if he did make less mistakes, Albers was almost quicker in the Minardi at the start of 2005 than Monteiro in the Jordan.

Big Ben
3rd July 2007, 13:50
What a foolish mistake that was. After the race he claimed that he saw the lollipop was "starting" to lift. What I saw from replay was that he started to drive away and the lollipop man lifted to let him go (also stupidity from the lollipop man)

the mechanic should have used the lollipop to smack Albers' head... I think Albers would have realized it means: hit the break moron!
P.S. Most mistakes are unnecessary :p :

hugh_lee
3rd July 2007, 13:51
don't know what he was thinking. he should have had his eyes only on the lollipop. a study shows that people who don't keep their eyes on the lollipop were at a threefold risk of driving away with the hose.

kalasend, any suggestions on what the lolli-guy should have done without being called stupid? tap on the windshield, maybe?

Roamy
3rd July 2007, 16:18
SPYKER will make a announcement soon. You clue is that it will be aired on the "History" Channel

cy bais
3rd July 2007, 16:32
Albers is this season's Yuji Ide, the funnies as it were for this F1 season. :)

kalasend
3rd July 2007, 18:23
don't know what he was thinking. he should have had his eyes only on the lollipop. a study shows that people who don't keep their eyes on the lollipop were at a threefold risk of driving away with the hose.

kalasend, any suggestions on what the lolli-guy should have done without being called stupid? tap on the windshield, maybe?

Like others say, "smack on his head!"

ojciec dyrektor
3rd July 2007, 21:27
Oh, come on!

Maybe he wants to lick such a huge lollipop? Maybe ha always wants it and he never could reach it, because that evil-minded lolli-guy was faster. ;)

Allyc85
3rd July 2007, 21:46
sack him hes rubbbish!!

hugh_lee
3rd July 2007, 22:28
no sato-ish penalty? maybe the FIA didn't think it was that dangerous. so it could have started a fire, so what..not as dangerous as an iffy overtaking during safety car period. 6000 dollars should keep him in line

truefan72
4th July 2007, 01:28

not really, when spyker sells most of it's cars outside of the Netherlands. They are a Dutch company but they aren't there to satisfy the dutch market or garner their devotion. Ferrari don't feel obliged to fill a seat with an italian driver, they are a global brand.

It is only money keeping albers at spyker. And I don't see how it is paying off for them. That same money is used to buy parts for all the cars he crashes.

millencolin
4th July 2007, 01:32
clearly it was his fault, but when was Monteiro better? What's the commercial sense in letting a dutchman drive when they are trying to sell Spyker cars abroad? i just want too see him till end of the season trying to get it together in the updated car, and when he fails he can be replaced.

Monterio has scored a point at least, albers has not (excluding the 6-car usgp). Monterio didnt crash every second race. Plus Tiago was more PR savvy than the grumpy arrogant Albers

Having a Dutch Driver in a Dutch team would help the team gain more sponsors from the f1 mad nation of holland. Thats why he is in the team, no other reason. $$$

hugh_lee
4th July 2007, 03:57
no sato-ish penalty? maybe the FIA didn't think it was that dangerous. so it could have started a fire, so what..not as dangerous as an iffy overtaking during safety car period. 6000 dollars should keep him in line

Josti
4th July 2007, 11:35
not really, when spyker sells most of it's cars outside of the Netherlands. They are a Dutch company but they aren't there to satisfy the dutch market or garner their devotion. Ferrari don't feel obliged to fill a seat with an italian driver, they are a global brand.

It is only money keeping albers at spyker. And I don't see how it is paying off for them. That same money is used to buy parts for all the cars he crashes.

I don't see the commercial value of having a Dutch driver in a Dutch team. Already beeing it a Dutch brand has made them more known overhere. And yes, Spyker is more interested in the market outside of the Netherlands.

I can't remember Albers beeing a car crasher though. This was a stupid mistake, taken under too much pressure. His place at the Spyker team isn't really unlogical. Ok, it's probably money who keeps him in his place right now, but Albers has shown good pace in the last two seasons, outdriving his teammates reguraly.

I know, at the moment it's quite the opposite and when he makes such a mistake as in France, of course a lot of people bash him right away. But if Albers leaves, his place will most certaintly be filled in with another Dutch driver with money. In this case Giedo van de Garde. Certaintly a good driver, but if results stay out, it's the same story. Albers needs to buckle up and try to defeat Sutil more often, otherwise his F1 career is over (at least for a while). And please, blame the car too, cause it's just crap. I hope the new version of the car will at least keep up with the Toro Rosso's and Super Aguri's.

Ranger
4th July 2007, 11:55
Well apparently Albers is now going to be having a "chat" with the senior folks from Spyker, says Autosport.

gjalie
4th July 2007, 12:52
Monterio has scored a point at least, albers has not (excluding the 6-car usgp). Monterio didnt crash every second race. Plus Tiago was more PR savvy than the grumpy arrogant Albers

Having a Dutch Driver in a Dutch team would help the team gain more sponsors from the f1 mad nation of holland. Thats why he is in the team, no other reason. $$$

haha what point? last season both 0 points! look at the results Albers outperformed Monteiro most of the time.what crashes i remember one at turkey that was his fault but further? i don't think that when monteiro comes crashing into the back of you at canada counts as a mistake of Albers.

Daniel
4th July 2007, 13:27
sack him hes rubbbish!!
How do you sack a pay driver?

jens
4th July 2007, 13:57
It's amazing, how differently can drivers perform in different seasons. Albers looked a lot more promising last year as he qualified into Top16 on several occasions in the second worst car and had a few promising moments in 2005 too.

I don't get it, why are you missing Monteiro so much. He was quite good in wet, but certainly lacked of speed (or at least more than Albers) in dry. I think that it would be interesting to see Valles (yes, the same man, who finished second behind Kubica in 2005 in World Series by Renault!) and/or Glock (if any other team - for example Williams! - won't pick him) next year at Spyker.

raphael123
4th July 2007, 16:22
Before this season, I don't think people were this critical of Albers, but it has to be said Albers has been very poor this year. Sutil definately has had the upperhand in pace.

Before Albers came into F1 - the Dutch fans were going on about how great this guy was lol.

truefan72
4th July 2007, 19:57
Before this season, I don't think people were this critical of Albers, but it has to be said Albers has been very poor this year. Sutil definately has had the upperhand in pace.

Before Albers came into F1 - the Dutch fans were going on about how great this guy was lol.

Yes, well said. He most certainly took a step back from last year. His 2007 performance to date has been the reason for all the criticism. It has been absolutely terrible. From his excuse in Melbourne, to his constant mistakes in practice,quali and races , to this latest incident in france.

I'll bet all takers that he has an incident in Silverstone, more than a mere off-course excursion.

Allyc85
4th July 2007, 21:25

Find another, im sure theres plenty other rich boys out there to take his seat!!

Cozzie
5th July 2007, 07:19
Probably the worst driver to ever last more than 2 years in F1!

ArrowsFA1
5th July 2007, 08:37
In his defence, Albers seems to be suffering the same problem with the 2007 spec Bridgestones as a number of other drivers - Alonso & Raikkonen to name two.

millencolin
5th July 2007, 09:06
haha what point?

2005 belgium gp, Montiero finished 8th

truefan72
5th July 2007, 13:41
In his defence, Albers seems to be suffering the same problem with the 2007 spec Bridgestones as a number of other drivers - Alonso & Raikkonen to name two.

come on Arrows, you can't really defend the guy. Struggleing with the new bridgestones is like the most convenient excuse for poor performance. Last I checked, Alonso and Raikkonen have won twice and both had absolute dominant races.

It doesn't explain why his rookie teamate outshines him
It doesn't explain why he drove off the course in Melbourne and said he wasn't paying attention
It doesn't explain why he ran into the walls in Canada
It doesn't explain why he drove off with the fueling rig attached to the car
It doens't explain all his off track excursions by blatantly missing the apex and breaking points

I could go on but why bother.

ArrowsFA1
5th July 2007, 13:54
come on Arrows, you can't really defend the guy.
Oh, I don't rate him particularly, but the 2007 tyres are an issue.

gjalie
5th July 2007, 14:55
2005 belgium gp, Montiero finished 8th

monteiro drove for a better team and even then they could barely stay infront, but last year not and than you can compare them! with a bit of knowledge you could know that.

Josti
5th July 2007, 17:16
It seems there's a slight possibility that Jos Verstappen could make a return to F1 as a testdriver for Spyker at first at the Belgian Grand Prix. If so, I believe he can even take over Albers his seat, if he continues to perform poorly. He stated this in an interview himself, but can't confirm anything yet, since they're still in (pre-)talks.

Quite interesting, considering Spyker already has a load of testdrivers. That doesn't take away the fact that I would love to see him driving an F1 car again.

gjalie
5th July 2007, 20:11
It seems there's a slight possibility that Jos Verstappen could make a return to F1 as a testdriver for Spyker at first at the Belgian Grand Prix. If so, I believe he can even take over Albers his seat, if he continues to perform poorly. He stated this in an interview himself, but can't confirm anything yet, since they're still in (pre-)talks.

Quite interesting, considering Spyker already has a load of testdrivers. That doesn't take away the fact that I would love to see him driving an F1 car again.

you mean at the test session next week or not.

truefan72
5th July 2007, 20:24

Cool I always liked Verstappen, event though he might be getting a bit older, but still a ton of F1 experience and fairly fast

Jimmy Magnusson
5th July 2007, 21:14
They should put Mattias Ekström in the car. Atleast he won the DTM (2004, when Albers was third), and it would look excellent on his CV next to the WRC outings for Skoda ;)

Josti
5th July 2007, 21:45
you mean at the test session next week or not.

Well, they were negotiating for the Belgian Grand Prix, but it seems unlikely since it's already next week. So maybe yes or no, but íf not, it will probably happen in another GP. BTW, not certain about a full spot though according to Michiel Mol, but you never know.

ArrowsFA1
6th July 2007, 10:34
Michiel Mol has said Verstappen is not a candidate for a Spyker race seat:

Mol has also said that he is still interested in giving Jos Verstappen a run-out in their car during Friday practice for the Belgian Grand Prix, although plans to test him at Spa this month are now unlikely to go ahead.
"I don't know if we will make the test week at Spa in July, but it is still a good idea," said Mol. "Jos in a Formula One car one last time, and a Spyker to boot.
"(But) no, Jos is not a candidate for a Formula One race seat. I think we won't be seeing him in action as a race driver any more. He is really busy with other things at the moment, like his young son Max."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60461

We have heard many stories about Verstappen getting a seat in F1, or even Champcar, before now and nothing ever happens.

gjalie
6th July 2007, 14:43

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60461

We have heard many stories about Verstappen getting a seat in F1, or even Champcar, before now and nothing ever happens.

that's what i heard but there was a possibility thar he could drive at the testsession next week what is a idea of sponser Trust.
he has some free time now especialy now his son Max(10yr) is for a second time in a row Kartchampion.

Josti
6th July 2007, 16:19

I know, I already said he wasn't according to Michiel Mol. But I saw him in a TV interview a few weeks ago, and it felt (sounded) like he was in for more than only a testdrive. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if these things never happen. Would be great though, but it might be better if he just keeps concentrated on his son's karting involvement.

Roamy
6th July 2007, 17:14
fork him - he is done !!!

Ranger
9th July 2007, 03:41
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60659

veeten
9th July 2007, 04:26
well, we knew that this might come up. Now, it's on to the list of... candidates.

gm99
9th July 2007, 22:00
I don't think it would be a wise career move for Klien to get into the Spyker at this time and sever his ties with Honda. With Sutil, he would face an extremely fast team-mate who also has a lot of experience in the F8-VII, so that he would probably end up looking worse than he actually is.

In any case, not even Michael Schumacher could get Spyker away from 11th place in the contructor's championship, so it doesn't really matter anyway who's driving the car...

Garry Walker
9th July 2007, 23:41
about time. Albers is a joke and a waste of space.

ArrowsFA1
10th July 2007, 09:17
According to this report he's gone:

The Spyker team has dropped Christijan Albers as a race driver with immediate effect, GPUpdate.net can reveal exclusively. A decision on who will replace him at the next race at the Nurburgring has not yet been taken, according to Spyker F1 chief Michiel Mol.

"This has been one of the toughest decisions of my career," Mol told GPUpdate.net. "It's nothing to do with his talent as a racing driver, because we believe he is hugely talented. It's all down to one sponsor who has had financial difficulties."

"We haven't yet decided who will replace him," he added.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/07/10/spyker-drops-albers/

ShiftingGears
10th July 2007, 09:55
According to this report he's gone:

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/07/10/spyker-drops-albers/

Well well well... whos gonna replace him? Winkelhock? I know nothing about any of their test drivers and how they're rated.

jens
10th July 2007, 10:21
Valles is also Spyker test driver and finished ahead of Winkelhock in 2005 in the World Series of Renault. Arguably also Klien and Karthikeyan are contenders for getting a race driver seat.

Mark
10th July 2007, 11:13
Anyone who's picked Albers in the pickems will get points for his replacement, whoever that happens to be.

Valve Bounce
10th July 2007, 12:14
Anyone who's picked Albers in the pickems will get points for his replacement, whoever that happens to be.

Anybody who picked Albers ain't going to get any points no matter who the replacement will be. :rolleyes:

Robinho
10th July 2007, 12:18

Just like that!

Next!

;)

Mark
10th July 2007, 12:19
Anybody who picked Albers ain't going to get any points no matter who the replacement will be. :rolleyes:

:laugh: You're not wrong :p

Corny
10th July 2007, 12:28
finally.. took to long for this

gjalie
10th July 2007, 12:58
VD Garde's father in law has alot of money in the spyker team when it's going to be a testdriver he has the best papers. but i think it will be somebody from outside like Gene or Klien as long it's not Narein.

and Albers i wish him the very best cause he surely proved in the passed to be a good driver.

Valve Bounce
10th July 2007, 13:04
.............and Albers i wish him the very best cause he surely proved in the passed to be a good driver.

QUE?? :confused:

Josti
10th July 2007, 13:15
Just like that!

Next!

;)

It seems it was a money problem, altough I can hardly believe that. I hoped he could at least drive the new car around, and see how it would performed, but ok that won't happen. Doesn't matter who his replacement is. I don't expect anything of Spyker F1 this year anyway.

Hope he will get back to DTM now!

rlfh
10th July 2007, 14:22
That serves the Spyker guys a lesson. After Monaco 2006, they should've seen that Albers is a fast but dangerous driver which they should have dropped for Monteiro, who is technically much superior specially in aiding the engineers. If they had intentions of developing the car, Monteiro was their man.

Daika
10th July 2007, 15:00
Good that he is gone. I hate his personality. I reckon most Dutch fans are with me on that.

If Michiel Mol think sacking Alberts is the most difficult decision in his career, then he doesn't really belong in F1 does he?!

Garry Walker
10th July 2007, 15:16
Well well well... whos gonna replace him? Winkelhock? I know nothing about any of their test drivers and how they're rated.

Narain seems to be the main candidate, but apparently someone has offered Spyker more money than him, so we`ll see. I hope NK wont return to F1 anyway, he was dangerous and not very competent.

FIA
10th July 2007, 16:52
I am happy for a number of reasons.

1. Possibly a new driver coming in.
2. It's time for a change.
3. I hope Albers goes back to DTM.

I don't think Glock should go in (GP2 Campaign), I would like to see Christian Klien go in, as I think he was superb at Red Bull and was underrated.

msaxman
10th July 2007, 19:26
giedo van der garde, perhaps? he is testing for spyker at spa this week.

gjalie
10th July 2007, 19:31
QUE?? :confused:

he beat his teammates and made the best of it in a bad car. unlike drivers like for example r.shumacher, webber and other who have been driving good cars but didn't do anything with it.

Ian McC
10th July 2007, 19:32
"This has been one of the toughest decisions of my career," Mol told GPUpdate.net. "It's nothing to do with his talent as a racing driver, because we believe he is hugely talented. It's all down to one sponsor who has had financial difficulties."

In other words you can't pay you're out? Right............

gjalie
10th July 2007, 19:37
That serves the Spyker guys a lesson. After Monaco 2006, they should've seen that Albers is a fast but dangerous driver which they should have dropped for Monteiro, who is technically much superior specially in aiding the engineers. If they had intentions of developing the car, Monteiro was their man.

but when monteiro drove into the back of Albers wasn't worse? in monaco he tipped the fontwing it was the front 15cm of monteiro's car, he schould have lifted!

gjalie
10th July 2007, 19:39
Good that he is gone. I hate his personality. I reckon most Dutch fans are with me on that.

If Michiel Mol think sacking Alberts is the most difficult decision in his career, then he doesn't really belong in F1 does he?!

i like a driver who isn't fake and knows what he want's.

truefan72
10th July 2007, 22:45
I hope Klien stays far away from the Spyker team. His stock is starting to rise again and going to Spyker would just about be career suicide. That seaty should be filled with a young novice driver eager to enter F1. And there is a decent crop out there.

Klien just bide his time and entertain a decent opportunity surely to be presented to him in the next 2 years.

As for Albers, his F1 career has mercifully come to an end, for now.

Ian McC
10th July 2007, 22:50
As for Albers, his F1 career has mercifully come to an end, for now.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him back in tintops somewhere.

stevie_gerrard
11th July 2007, 00:01
I'd like to see Klien get the drive, he is experienced, and he had good times with red bull.

gm99
11th July 2007, 15:34
Klien will be testing for Spyker at Spa on Thursday: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40020

Seems like he will most likely get the drive, although I still think it's not a wise move for his career.

cy bais
11th July 2007, 15:50
^^^ same here Klien can do better.

ArrowsFA1
11th July 2007, 15:56
I'd like to see Klien get the drive, he is experienced, and he had good times with red bull.
Mmmmm...why did Red Bull release him again :confused:

As truefan72 says, his stock is rising at Honda, so a move to Spyker could be a big risk.

ioan
11th July 2007, 16:44
Mmmmm...why did Red Bull release him again :confused:

As truefan72 says, his stock is rising at Honda, so a move to Spyker could be a big risk.

It's better to drive a Spyker than nothing.
With the limited testing this year he has little chance, if any to impress and remind other teams that he is around.
Otherwise he might become an AW or PdlR.

Storm
11th July 2007, 19:24
Narain seems to be the main candidate, but apparently someone has offered Spyker more money than him, so we`ll see. I hope NK wont return to F1 anyway, he was dangerous and not very competent.

Dangerous and not very competent eh?
care to explain the dangerous bit ?

RaikkonenRules
11th July 2007, 20:18
Klien you fool!! You are far too good for Spyker. :eek:

msaxman
11th July 2007, 21:18
giedo van der garde, perhaps? he is testing for spyker at spa this week.

oops. giedo has since said he will not get the drive. looks like it's between winkelhock, klien, karthikeyan, and some rodriguez fellow from gp2. from the looks of the current situation at spyker, it will likely go to the driver willing to pay the most as opposed to the most talented.

would klien be willing to pay for a drive?

jso1985
11th July 2007, 21:32
or more like does Klien have the money to pay for a drive?

FIA
11th July 2007, 22:16
It would be Klien's only chance really to get a decent seat in F1 again, Because I can't see Honda replace Barrichello next season (It will happen).

With Klien it would make the spot for 22nd fight get really interesting, Liuzzi, Speed, Sutil, Klien, Sato and Davidson. Better than Albers, Albers, Albers or Ide, Ide, Ide.

truefan72
11th July 2007, 23:18
It would be Klien's only chance really to get a decent seat in F1 again, Because I can't see Honda replace Barrichello next season (It will happen).

With Klien it would make the spot for 22nd fight get really interesting, Liuzzi, Speed, Sutil, Klien, Sato and Davidson. Better than Albers, Albers, Albers or Ide, Ide, Ide.

I can more than see Klien getting the spot at Hon da next year, or at Super Aguri, which are all better options than being in a spyker for 9 races. With the introduction of Pro-drive next year. There will be a shake-up in the F1 driver placement.

Driving for Spyker is certainly not a good move. Hold fast and look to get a decent drive. Staying close to Honda, which has a tendancy to show loyalty can only be a good thing. He would have even been held in higher regard if he flat out refused to test/drive for Spyker.

And he doens't have to pay for a race seat. Klien IMO is now looked upon as a competent F1 driver bringing along his own merits.

truefan72
11th July 2007, 23:21
BTW

for those of us who chose Klien as our 3rd driver in the Fantasy GP does that mean we would now get extra points if he scores???

Jona
13th July 2007, 13:08
out of interest, does anyone know who the sponsor was that didnt pay up?

gjalie
13th July 2007, 15:44
out of interest, does anyone know who the sponsor was that didnt pay up?

Mingya, owned by Joep van den Nieuwenhuyzen after Albers had a new contract Joep is being charged of having embezzled money from Sp Aerospace to Wilton-Feijnoord before it went bankrupt.

gm99
13th July 2007, 17:03
With Winkelhock now having taken over Adam Carroll's DTM drive in the TME-Audi for the remainder of the season, he's most likely out of the running for a Spyker race seat.

RichardRenes
15th July 2007, 16:01
Yes, Albers is gone now, sacked by Spyker inspite of a contract that would quarantee him driving the whole year.

And yes, mistakes made will probably have something to do with that, because MingYa claims they have paid Spyker, and had a contract with Spyker with nothing to do with Albers.

Is Albers arrogant.. maybe. Name an F1 driver that isn't ( well, perhaps Barrichello, but i.m.h.o. he's the only one )
Is Albers a bad driver ? I don't think so: Put him in a Ferrari or McLaren and he'd be running upfront just aswell as the ones driving there now.

Is Albers a necessity for Spyker.. Perhaps and perhaps not. Surely, Spyker has it's eyes on foreign countries, but one has to keep the reason of team Spyker's being in mind: to break the popularity of A1GP team Netherlands.

Yes, Spyker is Dutch, but without a Dutch driver, Spyker may be losing this popularity battle, and may disappear from F1 alltogether within say, one or two years. ( and go bankrupt as a car manufacturor aswell ).

I know, the season isn't going as Spyker hoped it would go.. they hoped that Torro Rosso and Super Aguri would develop their own chassis, and they could/ would battle with that. Add to that that there are too many captains on the ship, bad coaching of the drivers, failing parts, and sheer bad luck and you have a tragedy in the making.

ojciec dyrektor
15th July 2007, 16:18
I agree with Richard. 2007 was his third consecutive season. He was driving with Friesacher, Doornbos, Monteiro and Sutil as a teammate and none of them was clearly better.

Of course he wasn't perfect and but who is?