Yep.. without question.

jjanicke
8th July 2007, 14:49
Kimi!

ioan
8th July 2007, 14:50
My choice is Massa. He Da Man!!

Both him and Kimi did very well! :up:
I mean Felipe went through the field like if they weren't there, until Kubica that is. Compare this to what Alonso did 1 week ago and you might understand why I wasn't impressed by Fernando's French performance.

F1boat
8th July 2007, 14:51
Kimi
Alonso
Massa

janneppi
8th July 2007, 14:52
If Massa wasn't to blame for the stall, I'd say he was the man, otherwise it was a no thrills race.

Roamy
8th July 2007, 14:53
I wanted to see Massa and Kimi head to head. Also wonder what happen to Lewis or did Alonso come to grips.

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 14:53
I think SchM would be very proud of Massa's drive today
Also, he could get past Kubica, but he didn't throw the race away. His gearing just was not high enough as he hit the rev limiter and could catch the BMW on the straight

ojciec dyrektor
8th July 2007, 14:54
Raikkonen! and Kubica.

I mean Felipe went through the field like if they weren't there, until Kubica that is. Compare this to what Alonso did 1 week ago and you might understand why I wasn't impressed by Fernando's French performance.

But Fernando gets Heidfeld.
Alonso lost his places because of strategy and Massa gain places in top 10 only because of strategy.
Alonso gets Fissi and Nick while Massa gets none of them on track.

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 14:55
I wanted to see Massa and Kimi head to head. Also wonder what happen to Lewis or did Alonso come to grips.
I think McLaren turned the engine revs down when they realised they couldn't catch Kimi. Ron Dennis admitted he had the wrong tyre choice (that was quoted in the chat room)

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 14:56
Raikkonen! and Kubica.

But Fernando gets Heidfeld.
Alonso lost his places because of strategy and Massa gain places in top 10 only because of strategy.
Alonso gets Fissi and Nick while Massa gets none of them on track.

You must be kidding me!! Massa was passing guys on the track like a dose of salts

jjanicke
8th July 2007, 14:56

Massa was also stuck behind Fisi. Clearly he had a faster car yet couldn't pass either the BMW or the Renault.

Big Ben
8th July 2007, 15:00
My vote goes to Kimi... Great race, no mistake

N. Jones
8th July 2007, 15:02

Massa, baby! What a race!

F1MAN2007
8th July 2007, 15:04

I can't say it better!!!

gm99
8th July 2007, 15:05
I really don't get this - last week-end everyone was bashing Alonso for not getting past the Renaults and the BMWs quickly enough, and when Massa doesn't get past Kubica at all, that's clever because he didn't throw the race away???

Also you have to remember that FA didn't have to get past the relatively easy to pass backmarkers and mid-fielders like the Spykers, STRs and RBRs and that Silverstone in general is easier to overtake on than Magny-Cours.

The major difference between FA last week and FM today was not in the driver (personally, I think both did a good job), but in the strategy. Ferrari had a far superior strategy today than McLaren last Sunday.

tinchote
8th July 2007, 15:07
Massa. Many here have been saying how he only runs ok from the front; a great run from the back today.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th July 2007, 15:13
Liuzzi

herra47
8th July 2007, 15:17
Kimi
Alonso

veeten
8th July 2007, 15:19
definately Massa. From a pit lane start, which is the absolute worst for any driver, to middle of the top 10 before his 1st pit, that takes patience & timing of your passes. While not a podium, it does give pause to the top drivers & teams, and lets them know that Ferrari is game for the fight.

Superb job, Fillipe. :)

wedge
8th July 2007, 15:24
I find it strange Brundle said Kimi's win was "average" last week and yet called him brilliant this afternoon :confused:

Anyway, apart from Kimi, I nominate Kubica for coming back to form and holding up Massa at the end. Massa should've finished in fourth.

Corny
8th July 2007, 15:32
for me it's Massa.. I've seen him overtaking quit a lot, reminds me a bit from Schumi's last race

ioan
8th July 2007, 15:42
The major difference between FA last week and FM today was not in the driver (personally, I think both did a good job), but in the strategy. Ferrari had a far superior strategy today than McLaren last Sunday.

For a strategy to work the driver has to deliver the needed lap times, Felipe did it Fernando didn't. That's my view of it.

Somebody
8th July 2007, 16:00
Probably Kimi - Massa looked good coming from the back, but a lot of those guys started very heavy on fuel, and he made most of those places up in the first stint.

I find it strange Brundle said Kimi's win was "average" last week and yet called him brilliant this afternoon :confused:
He leapt two guys in the pitstops by doing a Schumacher - putting in some blistering times on his in-laps and the lap or two beforehand?

Two things:
1) The Ferrari here was better than the McLaren in France.
2) While Magny-Cours isn't Hungaroring-level, it's still harder to overtake there than Silverstone.

ioan
8th July 2007, 16:17
Two things:
1) The Ferrari here was better than the McLaren in France.
2) While Magny-Cours isn't Hungaroring-level, it's still harder to overtake there than Silverstone.

No matter how I look to it Felipe did a far better job today than Fernando did 1 week ago.

Hondo
8th July 2007, 16:54
Kubica. Kept Massa behind him while scoring the realistically maximum amount of points for himself and his team.

jas123f1
8th July 2007, 17:00
Today it was Ferrari teams for me - both Kimi and Massa made what was possible. I think without that &%X¤# electrical disturbance in Massas car Ferrari had a good chance to have both 2 cars in the top again. Kimis 6 laps after Alonsos second pitstop and Massas driving through the field was a joyful sights.. :up: :up:

jens
8th July 2007, 17:03
How many criticism there has been about Massa that oh he can drive well only after starting from pole and he is unable to overtake and that's exactly why he is no WDC material etc, etc. I think today he gave some answers to his critics.

Tough luck for Felipe - he has already had two races this year, when he has been forced to start from the back.

I don't know whether to continue my "horrifying tradition" ( :p : ) about not nominating race winner as driver of the race as Räikkönen certainly was pretty impressive. And so was Alonso. And Kubica (again). Massa too. But as the poll is not up yet, then I'm not going to make a decision now.

Hazell B
8th July 2007, 18:50

:up:

First and second were as much down to stratergy of the day as ability, so Massa drove best.

Robinho
8th July 2007, 19:17
i'd say Kimi, narrowly from Massa and Alonso, although had Massa also passed Kubica i'd have said him

Scuderia ferrari
8th July 2007, 19:31
Felipe or Kimi is my pick. Both did excellent jobs.

Eki
8th July 2007, 20:26
Kubica. Kept Massa behind him while scoring the realistically maximum amount of points for himself and his team.
Good choice. Kubica did what could be done with that car.

race aficionado
8th July 2007, 21:16
Kimi
Massa

Ferrari fans must be very happy today, and rightly so.

:s mokin:

pino
8th July 2007, 21:18
Poll added and my vote offcourse goes to Massa :up:

ioan
8th July 2007, 21:22

That's a real F1 fan! :)

rohanweb
8th July 2007, 21:47
Kimi..
for driving that ferrari to nuts ;)
what a performance..

ojciec dyrektor
8th July 2007, 21:50
You must be kidding me!! Massa was passing guys on the track like a dose of salts

Mass was passing guys in 2,3 sec. slower cars. When he catch up Renault and BMW, 1 sec. slower cars he was helpless.

I think in Silverstone it's easier to overtake than Magny-Cours. But it was Alonso who gets Fisichella and Heidfeld on track.

I also don't understand why man of the race can be driver who stole his engine. It's really so hard to overtake slow cars with actually the fastest one? I don't think so.

gm99
8th July 2007, 22:04

And who's your favorite on-course driver, then? :D

pino
8th July 2007, 22:08
And who's your favorite on-course driver, then? :D

Jarno Trulli :p :

raphael123
8th July 2007, 22:34

Harsh. Maybe it's your lack of F1 knowledge which leads you to say this, or just you being biased. Compare the amount of overtaking we have seen at Silverstone in the past 10yrs, compared to Magny Cour, it's quite obvious why that was the case. That's not to discredit Massa's drive, who drove an absolutely marvellous race, and would have been 2nd or 3rd without the stall easily.

raphael123
8th July 2007, 22:46
As for the poll, it's between Kubica and Alonso. Probably Alonso. Kimi did a grand job, but at the end of the day his car was much quicker than his two main rivals, meaning he should have won. His fastest lap was 1sec quicker than the championship leader, and half a second quicker than 2nd place man. It shows the potential the car had during the race compared to his rivals.

Massa would be man of the race, if he hadn't stalled it. Also, I was quite surprised he couldn't get past Kubica, as has already been said, Alonso, in a lesser car last week, on a much harder track managed to pass his evenly matched team-mate in the same car.

Cozzie
8th July 2007, 22:50
Massa's first ten laps were sensational!

ojciec dyrektor
8th July 2007, 22:59
Massa's first ten laps were sensational!

What is sensational in passing monkeys? ;)

stevie_gerrard
9th July 2007, 00:08
i'm going for Massa just ahead of kimi. Yet again, it was a flawless performance from ferrari, and if Massa hadnt stalled at the start, i think Lewis podium record was at an end, cause Massa was very quick today. Seeing him battle through all them cars shows what a brilliant driver he is, and that impressed me just as much as Raikonnen, who yet again took advantage of being fuelled heavier.

ChickenMcNugget
9th July 2007, 00:35
I'd opt for Raikkonen simply by virtue of him being such a constant, leering presence - assertive, you could say, in a manner typical of him at his best in previous years. He seemed to more closely resemble the driver who enjoyed such searing pace in the McLaren back in 2005 than he has done for most of the first half of this year. So, he's "back", certainly, if you ask me.

Planting himself up the exhaust firstly of Hamilton, and then managing to leapfrog Alonso... it was consumate. Oh, there goes my horribly journalese tendency once more. :p

I could understand people approving of Massa, though. He may just have rescued my Pickems, too -- I wasn't expecting him to better 7th or 8th on first instinct.

Ranger
9th July 2007, 01:25
Compare this to what Alonso did 1 week ago and you might understand why I wasn't impressed by Fernando's French performance.

He did good, but the Fernando comparison isnt entirely fair though. Massa did have the fastest car of the day (proven by Raikkonen) which helped him. He also came from the back to 6th or so in Albert Park, also where Kimi drove away from the field. In Malaysia after his mistake he didn't have the fastest car and got nowhere - so I'm starting to think that if you have the race winning car of the day, you can look much better than you otherwise would.

Not that it detracts from Massa's result - he still gained some solid points. :up:

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 01:40
I could understand people approving of Massa, though. He may just have rescued my Pickems, too -- I wasn't expecting him to better 7th or 8th on first instinct.

Yeah!! me too ;)

Ranger
9th July 2007, 01:46
Oh! My driver of the race was Raikkonen, though it might have been Alonso is he had been fueled longer in the second stint.

F1MAN2007
9th July 2007, 01:48
I don't see Kimmi on top on the poll really?

Kimmi had a fastest car and the same thing with Massa.

Kimmi had to driver the car and finish the race that is it. The strategy and tires worked well in his side and I don't see what fantastic job he did today to top the poll here?!

Massa didn't have any problem to pass all the monkeys because his car was very far fast to the monkeys' cars. And in the second stint he passed Heidfeld, Kova and Fischella. The real challenge he had is Kubica and he failed to overtake him.

We should remember that now the F1 is divided into 3 groups :

1st group : Mclaren and Ferrari
2nd group : BMW and Renault (trying to close the 1st group)
3rd group : All the rest Monkeys

and in qualf. yesterday, Kubica has been hailed the "Best of the rest" which means after Lewis, Kimmi, Alonso and Massa. (Mclaren and Ferrari) the rest is in another category. So it was easy then for Massa to lap Monkey by Monkey untill he had to trail Kubica for 13 laps.

But still I voted him for today coz he has done so far a good job this season and it was not the first time he started behind and finish in the point

Mifune
9th July 2007, 02:43
Compare this to what Alonso did 1 week ago and you might understand why I wasn't impressed by Fernando's French performance.

i hate it when this happens but i have to agree with ioan
massa,
good to see kimi doing the business too though.

Hawkmoon
9th July 2007, 03:56
I'm going to back up ioan on this one. Alonso's France performance wasn't very good. He made up only three places on his starting spot, two of whom crashed out in turn 1. Even though he passed both Heidfeld and Fisichella, he ultimately finished behind them. How's that a good job? It was bloody entertaining though.

Yesterday Massa showed what can be done with a quick car and a bad grid position. I'll also think you'll find that the Adelaide hairpin at Magny-Cours is as good as, if not better, a place to overtake than any place at Silverstone.

So the Brazillian gets my vote.

leopard
9th July 2007, 04:27
Massa and Ferrari can easily pass everyone by but Kubica, my vote falls on this two guys, and Kimi. It wasn't fair not to mention driver consecutively wins. :)

Prodgers
9th July 2007, 05:39
Massa drove a very strong race with a lot of passing moves, i voted for him - but a lot of the passing moves are like having a v8 supercharged compared to a seat leon.

Taking candy from a baby

mitsuru y
9th July 2007, 06:16
My choice is Massa and Kimi !

ShiftingGears
9th July 2007, 07:17
Definitely the Ferrari guys...I look forward to see if they can catch and pass the McLarens in the drivers championship.

ioan
9th July 2007, 08:02
Did James Allen voted for Hamilton or what? :rolleyes: :p :

ioan
9th July 2007, 08:05
Massa didn't have any problem to pass all the monkeys because his car was very far fast to the monkeys' cars. And in the second stint he passed Heidfeld, Kova and Fischella. The real challenge he had is Kubica and he failed to overtake him.

And if he would have passed Kubica than the problem would have been why he didn't catch and pass that McLaren underachiever called Hamilton! Some people never can get enough! :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 08:06
Did James Allen voted for Hamilton or what? :rolleyes: :p :

I don't think the real James Allen is registered here. :rolleyes:

wmcot
9th July 2007, 08:49
Massa - for the sheer entertainment factor!

leopard
9th July 2007, 08:57
Hamilton got the vote :D

jens
9th July 2007, 09:58
After some thinking I decided to give my vote to Alonso, who I think in an inferior car tried a strange strategy to beat Räikkönen and it almost worked as he lost only by 1-2 seconds after Kimi had exited the pits after his final stop.

samuratt
9th July 2007, 10:17
Driver of the race Massa (as long as he was not guilty of stalling the car on the grid :D )

About Fernando in France and Massa in Silverstone, both were very different races that can not be compared (different fuel load, different circuit, different car performances, etc...) But both were nice races to watch due to the overtaking provided by both

F1MAN2007
9th July 2007, 10:37
And if he would have passed Kubica than the problem would have been why he didn't catch and pass that McLaren underachiever called Hamilton! Some people never can get enough! :rolleyes:

some people will get enough when there would be no car to overtake!! :D

ioan
9th July 2007, 10:53
After some thinking I decided to give my vote to Alonso, who I think in an inferior car tried a strange strategy to beat Räikkönen and it almost worked as he lost only by 1-2 seconds after Kimi had exited the pits after his final stop.

3.2 seconds to be more precise! :p :
Kimi gained some 7 seconds in those laps after Fernando pitted!

ioan
9th July 2007, 10:54
Driver of the race Massa (as long as he was not guilty of stalling the car on the grid :D )

Jean Todt said that it was no driver error.

Ian McC
9th July 2007, 11:04
Kimi - He is starting to look his best, a perfect drive to win the race.

Massa - Improved so much in the last 12 months, he kept his head and drove brilliantly.

555-04Q2
9th July 2007, 12:18
Massa. Superb drive from the back :up:

OTA
9th July 2007, 13:27
Kimi won it so he was the man. I'm impress as well with Kubica, the accident seems to not have him slow a bit, and that's quite impressive after such a massive accident.
And FA as well did a fantactic job, hmm if it wasn't for that 1,25...

Cheers
David