PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, Kimi!

F1boat
8th July 2007, 14:41
Fantastic win! Bravo Kimi!
Kudos for Alonso for beating Hamilton as well!

Robinho
8th July 2007, 14:52
great drive from Kimi, well controlled, though Alonso drove really well, and a good drive through the field from Massa too.

Disapointed for Lewis, but shouldn't be still a 9th podium from 9 races

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 14:58
Great Job!! Kimi!!

F1MAN2007
8th July 2007, 15:07
Job well done Kimmi!!!!

And Massa as well!!!

ioan
8th July 2007, 15:49
Very strong race from Kimi, if not for Felipe's problem it would have been an even more closely fought race, but at least we got overtaking in exchange.

Fernando did a good job to get up front after his first stop but he payed for that short stop at the end.
Hamilton was nowhere to be seen and I didn't get it why it was more interesting to show him than the fight for 4th place. :rolleyes:

Shalafi
8th July 2007, 17:06
Kimi seems to get better and better now with his Ferrari! WDC-dream is well alive now! Great job Kimi!!

Eki
8th July 2007, 17:08
Kimi seems to get better and better now with his Ferrari! WDC-dream is well alive now! Great job Kimi!!
Yes, it was nice that Alonso got between Kimi and Hamilton. It makes the game more even.

Dave B
8th July 2007, 17:10
A pretty much flawless performance from Kimi and Ferrari :up:

He even looked happy in the press conference!

Ide
8th July 2007, 18:12
Season is not over and now Kimi has found the right way to drive Ferrari. I'm really happy about that! Hopefully Kimi will have the say flight on the rest of the races and we'll see him fighting for the championship this year. It will be hard but not impossible.

ArrowsFA1
8th July 2007, 18:58
Great drive by Kimi. Those Ferraris are looking strong :eek:

Scuderia ferrari
8th July 2007, 19:19
Fantastic drive for Kimi, and also Massa, very imprssed with the way he fought back through the field. If he didn't have that problem it could have been another ferrari 1-2 based on the spped of both of them. Looking forward to another ferrari 1-2 at the next GP

raphael123
8th July 2007, 19:33
I thought Alonso put in the best drive. As the fastest laps showed, Ferrari had the quicker car, yet Alonso almost managed to win bar for those overlappers he got stuck behind which cost him at that point in the race. Saying that, had Kimi got infront of Hamilton at the start I think Kimi would have won the race easily. It was a good drive from Kimi, but when you've got the best car on the grid, winning should be expected.

Scuderia ferrari
8th July 2007, 19:38
No, i don't think so, Kimi pushed and put in the fast laps when he needed to, and made it count when he needed to.

VkmSpouge
8th July 2007, 19:52
Kimi Raikkonen drove a very good race putting in the fast laps at the right time to take the lead. The best driver won today.

Dzeidzei
8th July 2007, 20:24
I thought Alonso put in the best drive. As the fastest laps showed, Ferrari had the quicker car, yet Alonso almost managed to win bar for those overlappers he got stuck behind which cost him at that point in the race.

Well aint he lucky. Kimi has now won 2 in a row by pure good luck.

The guy should bet in a lottery. Oops, forget that, he already is so damn rich. Ferrari are paying him a lot of money for being that lucky.

And we all know how lucky he was driving for DR, right?

donKey jote
8th July 2007, 20:52
well done kimi...
you actually smiled !!! :up:

oh, and great race too :p :
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

race aficionado
8th July 2007, 21:18
Yes, big congrats to Kimi and his pit crew team.

imagine if Massa hadn't stalled at the begining . . . . .

:s mokin:

Storm
8th July 2007, 21:33
Good to see that Kimi is fighting back strongly and putting in performances as were expected from him (by some of us :p : )
Alonso too...he gets huge respect from me for never giving up and managing to get out of the 'Hamilton keeps on beating me' trough...

rohanweb
8th July 2007, 21:43
Kimi was absolutely flawless not lifting through corners of that ferrari.. welldone job! even Alonso did very well though.
but cant understand why Lewis was so far behind ( having started the race with hard tyres..(???) didnt payback though, and why Martin witmarsh was saying like we had to limit the rev's and things like that, certainly seems some politics behind or is it McLaren under pressure with thier engines being overworked? still LH had a good 3rd place, good damage limitation, but he needs to push hard if he wants to keep Kimi/Alonso/Massa behind him for the championship ! ;)

raphael123
8th July 2007, 22:26
Well aint he lucky. Kimi has now won 2 in a row by pure good luck.

The guy should bet in a lottery. Oops, forget that, he already is so damn rich. Ferrari are paying him a lot of money for being that lucky.

And we all know how lucky he was driving for DR, right?

Why reply with such stupidity? :confused:

I didn't mention luck. All I said was Kimi won in what was the best car, or are you trying to tell me McLaren had the better car today?

I said...Kimi drove a good race.

Dzeidzei
8th July 2007, 22:59
Why reply with such stupidity? :confused:

I didn't mention luck. All I said was Kimi won in what was the best car, or are you trying to tell me McLaren had the better car today?

I said...Kimi drove a good race.

Stupidity? It was a joke buddy. You basicly said that FA would have won if he wasnt stuck in traffic. Massa said that same thing in France: Kimi won because he was more lucky with traffic.

I thought Massa was whining and your comment sounded like sour apples too. And FYI: in a post race interview FA said that traffic was no issue today. He said it went both ways, each car having ups and downs with traffic.

So FA doesnt think that he lost because of traffic. You must know better than him.

jas123f1
8th July 2007, 23:52
I thought Alonso put in the best drive. As the fastest laps showed, Ferrari had the quicker car, yet Alonso almost managed to win bar for those overlappers he got stuck behind which cost him at that point in the race. Saying that, had Kimi got infront of Hamilton at the start I think Kimi would have won the race easily. It was a good drive from Kimi, but when you've got the best car on the grid, winning should be expected.

Sure, it was like you said, it’s most naturally that the best team take the win. You need a good team, a good car, a good strategy and a good driver. Ferrari seams to have it all - however they were best today - in every moment except the Q3. There Hamilton was fastest with a lighter car..

Of cause - Alonso made a good work as he usually do, but today he had no chance to win because Kimi controlled the race after the start. He was saving fuel when it was time for that and pushing when it was needed. He won because he was fastest today, had best strategy and it was the only reason and Alonso didn’t say anything other either, the second place was the best possible for him today. So you are right - Ferrari was best… and especially Kimis team.. :)

stevie_gerrard
9th July 2007, 00:10
Ferrari yet again outstanding, and took advantage of the small mistakes Mclaren and their drivers made. Kimi looks in fine form, and if Massa hadn't stalled, it would have been a 1-2 for them. The Championship really is in the balance :D

Valve Bounce
9th July 2007, 00:35
Very strong race from Kimi, if not for Felipe's problem it would have been an even more closely fought race, but at least we got overtaking in exchange.

Fernando did a good job to get up front after his first stop but he payed for that short stop at the end.
Hamilton was nowhere to be seen and I didn't get it why it was more interesting to show him than the fight for 4th place. :rolleyes:

Hamilton got a podium, so it wasn't that bad. He did make a mistake in his pitstop. Kimi was simply much too fast when it counted: before his pitstop, and won with ease.

Here's McLaren's race notes: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32070

ioan
9th July 2007, 07:45
Here's McLaren's race notes: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32070

Bah, Ron speak all the way, nothing is real in there, only spinning the truth around. Like always.

janneppi
9th July 2007, 07:54
Bah, Ron speak all the way, nothing is real in there, only spinning the truth around. Like always.

Ron Dennis
It's of course clear that we didn't quite have the pace, but both drivers did a great job and we still went away with valuable points.
My gods, the man just lies, lies and lies.
in reality Macs were faster, their drivers failed miserably and Ferrari took more manu points.
;)

ioan
9th July 2007, 08:07
My gods, the man just lies, lies and lies.
in reality Macs were faster, their drivers failed miserably and Ferrari took more manu points.
;)

You might tell me what was the great job Lewis did! Staying ahead of other cars that were way slower than his car? Finishing so many seconds down on Kimi and Fenando? Not doing an Albers maybe?! :p :

You see, Ron only tells maximum half the truth, the rest is blah blah. I mean it is useless to read whatever he and other team managers say.

janneppi
9th July 2007, 08:11
I would concider a podium to be an excellent performance for a rookie, being third only to a driver in a faster car and his team mate. His little blib didn't cost him a win IMO , his second stint was too slow for second place, maybe a bad set of tyres?

ioan
9th July 2007, 08:13
I would concider a podium to be an excellent performance for a rookie, being third only to a driver in a faster car and his team mate. His little blib didn't cost him a win IMO , his second stint was too slow for second place, maybe a bad set of tyres?

You should apply for a position in McLaren's PR department, or maybe you could even do it at Spyker and make them look like the best team in F1!

wmcot
9th July 2007, 08:44
I really enjoyed the race today (actually several races in one!)

The front was a chess match between Kimi/Ferrari and Alonso/McLaren after Hamilton dropped back a bit. Much better than the typical leader running off into the sunset!

Then we had the Massa race which was highly entertaining to watch. A great job from pit lane to actually lead during one of the pitstop cycles! He had the car and the speed to finish higher, but I don't know when I saw a better race from the back (Oh yeah, MS in Brazil last year!)

Many other skirmishes also were great fun!

(Not to mention that I taped the ALMS race and watched the IRL race at Watkins Glen - Great Weekend!)

555-04Q2
9th July 2007, 12:09
Good job by Kimi :up: Massa needs congrats as well for a superb drive from the pit lane. Also well done to Alonso for putting up a challenge :up:

Ian McC
9th July 2007, 15:52
If Kimi hadn't of made that small mistake in qualifying and got poll it wouldn't of been that close at all, he is starting to look his best now, looks like we will get the Kimi that people were expecting to see before the season started.

MrPonx
9th July 2007, 23:11
gooo kimmiiiii

Garry Walker
9th July 2007, 23:39
but when you've got the best car on the grid, winning should be expected.

Didnt work for Alonso at USA or at indy.

Congrats to Kimi, good wins for him. Made use of the fact the last 2 tracks with their fast corners suited Ferrari 100%.
Shame for Massa :( He would have been at least 2nd, possibly even a win. On ultimate pace he lacked nothing compared to Kimi.

Crypt
10th July 2007, 00:05
Way to go Finn!

To bad the driver with the most wins isn't in the WDC lead. Oh well, that's a whole other can 'o worms.

Finni
10th July 2007, 00:15
Didnt work for Alonso at USA or at indy.

Congrats to Kimi, good wins for him. Made use of the fact the last 2 tracks with their fast corners suited Ferrari 100%.
Shame for Massa :( He would have been at least 2nd, possibly even a win. On ultimate pace he lacked nothing compared to Kimi.

Yes, he lacked. Kimi did fastest lap of the first stint (though Felipe was not too far behind at that point) and Kimi did almost one second better lap times during the second stint when both had clean track.

Watch: F1 vision's lap times.

Garry Walker
10th July 2007, 00:34
Yes, he lacked. Kimi did fastest lap of the first stint (though Felipe was not too far behind at that point) and Kimi did almost one second better lap times during the second stint when both had clean track.

Watch: F1 vision's lap times.

Kimi did his fastest lap on lap 17, Massa did his on lap 17 aswell. At that point Massa had 2 laps more fuel on board, which accounts to about 0,2 seconds. The gap in fastest laps was 0,220 seconds to Kimi. 0,2 seconds of that is explained by the fuel difference. But I never place importance on fastest laps, so they dont show it all. Unless you want to happily admit that Kimi was slower than Massa at France?

In the 2nd stint Massa was stuck behind Nick wasnt he?

Actually, I think Massa overall probably was a very very little bit slower than Kimi, but we are talking about far less than a tenth per lap here. Had FM not stalled, I reckon he would have won.
On one of Kimis strongest tracks, that is a very good omen for FM.

ottostreet
10th July 2007, 01:24
Kimi did his fastest lap on lap 17, Massa did his on lap 17 aswell. At that point Massa had 2 laps more fuel on board, which accounts to about 0,2 seconds. The gap in fastest laps was 0,220 seconds to Kimi. 0,2 seconds of that is explained by the fuel difference. But I never place importance on fastest laps, so they dont show it all. Unless you want to happily admit that Kimi was slower than Massa at France?

Actually, I think Massa overall probably was a very very little bit slower than Kimi, but we are talking about far less than a tenth per lap here. Had FM not stalled, I reckon he would have won.
On one of Kimis strongest tracks, that is a very good omen for FM.

oooohhhh, i like that. facts! yep i think it would have been an epic battle between the two of them, but in a way, i think it leveled up the kimi/massa battle and the points that kimi lost due to retiring in spain. massa may not have retired, but he had his bit of race misfortune that was needed just to level the score. one point apart at half distance? i think its fair enough!

Valve Bounce
10th July 2007, 02:46
If Kimi hadn't of made that small mistake in qualifying and got poll it wouldn't of been that close at all, he is starting to look his best now, looks like we will get the Kimi that people were expecting to see before the season started.

Or, you could say that if Kimi was on the same fuel load as Lewis, he would have been on pole. In the end, it didn't matter as he proved to be the faster and better driver.

raikk
10th July 2007, 06:23
great win by Kim.Kim... although I kinda wish the order was the same as that in Quali however it was still a good race! Kimi is coming back into the running order of the championship.. which is very nice to see but I deffinetly hope Mclaren have an answer to Ferrari' sudden pace..

fasttrakker55
10th July 2007, 08:35
ive always been worried about this driver, since im a mclaren fan i know what hes capable off. Hope mclaren can step their performanc up and Alonso can start showing Hamilton whos boss. Got to beat Kimi though.

ioan
10th July 2007, 10:20
oooohhhh, i like that. facts! yep i think it would have been an epic battle between the two of them, but in a way, i think it leveled up the kimi/massa battle and the points that kimi lost due to retiring in spain. massa may not have retired, but he had his bit of race misfortune that was needed just to level the score. one point apart at half distance? i think its fair enough!

Massa has been disqualified once and started twice at the end for technical reasons, I fail to see how is that fair enough! :rolleyes:

janneppi
10th July 2007, 11:21
Massa has been disqualified once and started twice at the end for technical reasons, I fail to see how is that fair enough! :rolleyes:
Kimi's mechanical failure cost him all the points where as Massa had the chance to recover from his problems as he was not completely out.
Kimi's Monaco quali and Massa brain fade where he was disqualified were of their own fault.
While not exactly the same, it's not too "unfair" on the two drivers.

555-04Q2
10th July 2007, 11:30
What I find unfair is one Ferrari driver is being payed a huge amount of money while the other is on a relatively low pay package but both are only 1 point adrift of each other at the halfway stage. If both drivers are doing the same job, why not pay the same wage.

The same applies to the Lewis and Alonso packages though in Alonso's defense he is a 2 X WDC whereas Kimi is not and Lewis is in his first season.

Valve Bounce
10th July 2007, 11:46
Well, the best way to address this issue is to pay drivers by the points they earn. Now that would be interesting.

janneppi
10th July 2007, 11:49
I bet Button wouldn't like that. :D

ArrowsFA1
10th July 2007, 11:51
What I find unfair is one Ferrari driver is being payed a huge amount of money while the other is on a relatively low pay package ...The same applies to the Lewis and Alonso packages.
I agree, although the reality is salary reflects perceived worth, rather than performance. It also reflects how good a drivers' manager is :D

If Max is so interested in cost-cutting perhaps he needs to introduce a salary cap :p

555-04Q2
10th July 2007, 11:55

Indeed :up: :laugh:

ioan
10th July 2007, 12:42
Kimi's mechanical failure cost him all the points where as Massa had the chance to recover from his problems as he was not completely out.
Kimi's Monaco quali and Massa brain fade where he was disqualified were of their own fault.
While not exactly the same, it's not too "unfair" on the two drivers.

Felipe having to start at the back twice mean at least as many lost points as having a DNF with the current state of F1, unless you believe that he could have achieved better than 4th starting 22nd! :rolleyes:

ioan
10th July 2007, 12:44
If Max is so interested in cost-cutting perhaps he needs to introduce a salary cap :p

By now we all know that isn't the case. What they are interested is putting up a good show with an artificially leveled out field, cost cutting has nothing to do with it.

janneppi
10th July 2007, 12:47
Felipe having to start at the back twice mean at least as many lost points as having a DNF with the current state of F1, unless you believe that he could have achieved better than 4th starting 22nd! :rolleyes:
Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?
I honestly can't tell.

Finni
10th July 2007, 13:10

About first stint: Massa couldn't have bettered his lap time after lap 17?
About second stint: He was long time 2-3.5 second behind Heidfeld. Faster driver can always close it to one second. To me it seems that Massa was not able. Then when Heidfeld pitted Massa had couple of free laps (if I remember right) but he still drove one sec slower than Kimi at that point)

ShiftingGears
10th July 2007, 13:26
What I find unfair is one Ferrari driver is being payed a huge amount of money while the other is on a relatively low pay package but both are only 1 point adrift of each other at the halfway stage. If both drivers are doing the same job, why not pay the same wage.

The same applies to the Lewis and Alonso packages though in Alonso's defense he is a 2 X WDC whereas Kimi is not and Lewis is in his first season.

I think a big factor in Kimis comparatively high wage would be that there was competition between Ferrari and McLaren to have Kimi drive for them, whereas I think Massa was very safely at Ferrari already. Thats my take on it.

fasttrakker55
10th July 2007, 13:43

Dont think he should be paid anyway, if there is an overrated Briton on the grid, its him by far. Every other brit on the grid at least pulls some weight, even that old guy Coulthard is helping his team out as team leader.

Hendersen
10th July 2007, 14:07

If Ferrari had the faster car, why did Mclaren take pole? Doesn't sound like there was much seperating the cars in this race. In the end, I suspect the top 4 drivers will end up Kimi, Fernando, Filipe, and Lewis, in that order.

ioan
10th July 2007, 14:15
About second stint: He was long time 2-3.5 second behind Heidfeld. Faster driver can always close it to one second. To me it seems that Massa was not able.

How long time he was 2-3,5 seconds behind NH? A lap or two? And was it 2 or 3.5? Or it went from 3.5 to 2 in a few laps?

Looking at where they started and how fast Felipe got back to Nick, I would say that he was more than capable to close down the gap! But ofcourse I'm no Finn and also not trying to bash Felipe! :rolleyes:

Ranger
10th July 2007, 14:16
If Ferrari had the faster car, why did Mclaren take pole?
Pretty simple. Kimi hiccuped on his final corner of his hot lap and was 3-4 laps heavier on fuel than the McLaren which beat him to the line by 0.1 seconds.