PDA

View Full Version : Jpm, Jpm, Jpm!

tstran17_88
8th July 2007, 03:10
Thanks for taking Happy out! I hear Spyker-Ferrari may be looking for a driver next year. (Sorry...I'm just in one of those moods. Happy was who I picked in the Nascar pool at my favorite watering hole!) :D

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 04:32
Montoya is a ****ing idiot. even all the spotters were saying to watch out for the 42. ashame Harvick got screwed by a guy how can barely drive on ovals

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 04:37
Yeah, he hasn't taken well to the ovals... These plate races must be out of this world to him

call_me_andrew
8th July 2007, 04:45
Actually, he did pretty well on ovals in CART.

He's a damn rookie. It's not the tracks he's having troubble with, it's the car. Did you expect Ganassi to win any more races this decade before he announced his plans for this year?

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 04:51
Ganassi is indeed not competitive, and I am no JPM hater, but he has made some poor decisions this year.

dont_be_jack
8th July 2007, 04:56
They were telling Harvick to look out for the 42 because of some issues the two had during the Busch race. Montoya just needs to get back into the swing of things. Next year he'll be better.

Mark in Oshawa
8th July 2007, 06:56
It is funny, if Harvick EVER Takes anyone out Harvick1, you will hear about it. Lets just get a clue, because restricter plate racing is so tight and so unpredictable, that it takes a few years to get a handle on. Iam sure JPM didn't wake up this morning and say "I am going to take that Harvick Guy".....

Speedworx
8th July 2007, 11:19
Montoya needs to be banned from NASCAR!

F1boat
8th July 2007, 12:32
Whee, you are too harsh people. Is not like other drivers in NASCAR are saints, you know.

muggle not
8th July 2007, 12:56
Whee, you are too harsh people. Is not like other drivers in NASCAR are saints, you know.
The thing is, JPM did not seem to have control of his car. He did not intentionally take out Yap-Yap.

Lee Roy
8th July 2007, 14:02
Hey , what about Stewart??

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 14:19
It is funny, if Harvick EVER Takes anyone out Harvick1, you will hear about it. Lets just get a clue, because restricter plate racing is so tight and so unpredictable, that it takes a few years to get a handle on. Iam sure JPM didn't wake up this morning and say "I am going to take that Harvick Guy".....

but you don't hear the the broadcast reporting that just about every spotter said to their drivers to stay away from the 42.

later in the race Montoya was behind Burton and Burton said no thanks, I'm better by myself, I don't need to get wrecked too

harvick#1
8th July 2007, 14:20
Hey , what about Stewart??

other thread ;)

Galveston dunes
8th July 2007, 17:43
[quote="Speedworx"]Montoya needs to be banned from NASCAR![/QUOTE

So heres mine.I don't think he is feeling real good about how his season is going; but I CAN name a few others that should fall into your statement as well, and thier not rookies.

In a year or two when he gets it all adjusted people will be singing a different tune about mister Montoya.IMO some learning curves are harder for some people to get accustomed to.

IndianChiefJoy
8th July 2007, 22:41
Montoya is doing well in ovals, I think. Maybe driving Ganassi's car over it's limits is not paying off, but that's the way the guy drives: always going faster than what his car allow him, and therefore, sometimes suffer for it.

But in Bush, he have had a couple of good rides in Loudon and Daytona, fighting for a top 5 finish, but Bowyer and Stewart (intentionally or not) put early ending to good ridings. And I don't hear anybody crying and asking for blood abou it.

Give the guy some time, he's already contesting with guys that have more than 10 years of experience driving stocks, all this without ARCA, Trucks, or previous Bush experience, in fact, Daytona is the first track he's been before in cup.

He's doing better than OK., I guess.

Galveston dunes
8th July 2007, 23:46
Didn't Montoya also do some races in the IROC series.I don't remember these things well any more.However my point I guess is that even with his LIMITED experience in these cars he's doing fairly well with what he has to work with.IMO

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 23:51
Better than Almendinger

call_me_andrew
9th July 2007, 01:33
Didn't Montoya also do some races in the IROC series.I don't remember these things well any more.However my point I guess is that even with his LIMITED experience in these cars he's doing fairly well with what he has to work with.IMO

He wasn't in IROC.

DonnieDarco
9th July 2007, 02:14
But.........wasn't it actually Gilliland who took Harvick out? :D

blakebeatty
9th July 2007, 02:20
No that was the Earnhardt wreck. Gilliland was no where near harvick, it was entirely montoya into harvick into the wall

DonnieDarco
9th July 2007, 02:27
I'm hearing that the Earnhardt crash was with Sorenson? :D

blakebeatty
9th July 2007, 02:35
Yeah, you are right, but Gilliland had nothing to to with harvick and montoya. watch the video on nascar.com. Montoya goes right up the track when he got loose and put happy in the wall. I don't know where Gilliland wrecked.

DonnieDarco
9th July 2007, 02:42
Ok, got it :D JPM had a prang with Harvick which caused him some tyre damage, but he was able to finish the race. JPM was taken out by Gilliland.

DonnieDarco
9th July 2007, 03:00
.............And now I've seen the clip, I can see there were three cars involved, two of them were Bobby and JPM, not entirely sure if the 3rd was Gilliland or not :D

blakebeatty
9th July 2007, 03:06
The car directly behind montoya was Stremme, I think. I can't say for sure that he got into Montoya though

Sparky1329
9th July 2007, 05:26
but you don't hear the the broadcast reporting that just about every spotter said to their drivers to stay away from the 42.

later in the race Montoya was behind Burton and Burton said no thanks, I'm better by myself, I don't need to get wrecked too

I heard that, harv. The booth guys said that spotters were telling their drivers to stay away from him way before the Harvick thing. In one of the practices he almost lost it because the car was so loose. He had his hands full in the race.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
9th July 2007, 10:55
Montya has two problems:

1. Limited experience in stock cars.

2. The Ganassi cars aint great. even Gordon, Stewart and E jr wouldnt be able to win in a Ganassi car. Even a great stock car driver cant win in a crap race car.

It does make you wonder if Montoya did his homework on teams before he signed on. It sounds like he only went to Ganassi because of thier history together. But if Montoya had said "i wanna go racing NASCAR" there would have been loads of offers flying around. i think he could have had his pick of teams.

Hoss Ghoul
10th July 2007, 01:20
Ganassi doesn't have "crap" cars. They may not be the best of the bunch, but they're not crap. 2nd tier though, no doubt.

Montoya's learning curve is high this year, but his wrecks have nothing to do with the cars. A lot of it is inexperience, but some of it has been plain dumb driving.

Nonetheless, I think he'll be a race winner on an oval by the end of next year, and maybe this year in Busch.

DonnieDarco
10th July 2007, 11:39
Judging by the fact I could find nothing at all on this, I would guess its a typical Nascar racing incident and while unfortunate, does not really require JPM to be banned from Nascar forever ;)

All the websites could focus on was Tony's latest escapade :D

tstran17_88
10th July 2007, 18:41
Wow, who would have guessed a thread about JPM would get the feathers flapping? :laugh:

One can say Gannassi's Cup cars aren't up to snuf, but his busch program is very competitive and JPM is struggling in those too. Sorenson and Mears won Busch races in Chipster-mobiles.

IndianChiefJoy
12th July 2007, 21:40
Coversely, Mears had to jump into the most competitive car in NASCAR (Hendrick Motorsports) to get his first victory in Cup. Juan did it in the same uncompetitive car Casey simply was not able to (the 42).

Sparky1329
13th July 2007, 05:06
Coversely, Mears had to jump into the most competitive car in NASCAR (Hendrick Motorsports) to get his first victory in Cup. Juan did it in the same uncompetitive car Casey simply was not able to (the 42).

Not exactly. The HMS #25 car has had a pretty poor track record in recent memory. You'd have to go back to 1987 to find a truly winning #25 HMS car when it was piloted by Tim Richmond. Nice try though.

IndianChiefJoy
13th July 2007, 06:04
So, is Casey using a 20 years old chassis?, I don't think so. In twenty years Hendick has won quite a few races as an organization. Ganassi didn't win a single race in 5 years (be it the 40, 41, 42, 32 or whatever). Maybe Mears is using the same car-spec JG and JJ are using. In the end HE WON in that HMS car (I believe, the most competitive car in NASCAR, that's why he went there, isn't it?). He couldn't do it in Ganassi's car.

Roamy
13th July 2007, 06:40
I am impressed - he his moving up the grid and is hell on wheels on the road courses - when is the glen??

Mark in Oshawa
13th July 2007, 08:03
Lets face the reality. For a guy who never raced a stock car on ovals before the end of last year, he is making shows and while struggling, he has done alright at other times. Of course he did well on the road courses, he better being a top flight f1 driver. For anyone to expect miracles and a win on an oval is dreaming.

I said at the start of the year, he would struggle for a year, and if the guys accepted him, he might have time to develop and maybe succeed. Ganassi's teams don't win and none of the Dodges have really made much impact, so why is anyone knocking the guy? I keep waiting for Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman and Scott Riggs to win in a Dodge in Cup Racing. Until this happens, don't be expecting Montoya to win on an oval. He has one more win the rest of those guys this year.....