PDA

View Full Version : WTCC Porto

Steelrat
7th July 2007, 19:39
Anybody watch the qualifying in Porto today? I think if I was driving there I'd be filling my trousers. Loathe as I am to knock marshals I think the ones in Portugal would benefit from training from UK marshals. The (street) track itself looks extremely dangerous, few places to overtake, vicious artificial chicane and few exit points for drivers vacating their car in a hurry (as Jörg Müller found out).

Still, James Thompson in 10th, even though he did post his fastest time with only 3 wheels .... Nasty bang for Colciago while on a flyer, he was not a happy teddy. But well done Alain, Rob and Nicola. Should be a good race for the chevvies.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

P

Allyc85
8th July 2007, 11:52
Chevy 1-2-3 in the 1st race!!

AlexD
8th July 2007, 12:00
What on earth did Farfus think he was going to achieve with that move?
Good too see Chevy doing really well.
Emmett's smash was big, then topped off by Hernandez proving his worth on his return to Proteam by totalling the car in record time.
Colciago continues his bad luck, if he isn't falling over or crashing into a very slow BMW in qualy he now clips the crashed BMW and tears a wheel off. Poor guy.
Ceresoli did well to avoid it.

Thommo had a good race, especially with a damaged car. Coronel went well too, shame he had problems right at the end.

SEATFreak
8th July 2007, 12:34
Tarquini, I read, took Coronel on the line to claim 4th. Shame, as you say Alex TC had problems. Cannot complain about that tho I think. Previous best point for TC is 3pts for 6th in Race 1 at Curitiba.

Please also at the fact theirs two different Leons in 4th and 5th. SEATSport and GR Asia.

About Proteam. Where does Roda stand? Is is out or is he in?

Steelrat
8th July 2007, 18:38
What on earth did Farfus think he was going to achieve with that move?

Think I'm going to have to ask that same question of the 2nd race .....

I felt sorry for Larini, didn't really see what happened but I'm assuming he out-braked himself. After all those excellent overtaking manoeuvres as well .....

P

AlexD
10th July 2007, 15:31
About Proteam. Where does Roda stand? Is is out or is he in?

He was never going to be a full-time replacement, he was just there for one race. Personally I think he should have the drive...