PDA

View Full Version : Sachsenring 2007 who`s gonna win ?

alfa155btcc
6th July 2007, 19:30
Ciao a Tutti,

I know it`s still a week to go but what all your views on the forthcoming german round of the Moto GP 2007 Season, are we gonna get as good a race as @ Assen TT ? I hope damn well hope so, think it will be between Rossi and Stoner again and possibly Pedrosa and Hayden ???

Grazie
alfa155btcc
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

Ranger
7th July 2007, 02:12
I think Nicky will be in with a chance of a win if he can qualify well. He was pretty sensational at Assen by finishing 3rd after starting 13th or so.

Stoner and Rossi will definitely be up there.

Following tradition, the guy who qualifies on pole won't win, and barring rain there should be a Michelin rider on pole.

I'll take more guesses closer to the race.

alfa155btcc
8th July 2007, 09:36
I think Nicky will be in with a chance of a win if he can qualify well. He was pretty sensational at Assen by finishing 3rd after starting 13th or so.

Stoner and Rossi will definitely be up there.

Following tradition, the guy who qualifies on pole won't win, and barring rain there should be a Michelin rider on pole.

I'll take more guesses closer to the race.

I think Nicky could definately be on for a podium and about time someone broke this tradition of getting pole and not winning, don`t you think ?

Saluti
alfa155btcc
:s mokin:

Corny
8th July 2007, 12:05
Stoner or Rossi.. Depends on who'll get the pole :P

tha_jackal
8th July 2007, 14:02

This isnt formula 1, where pole = victory :)

The Phantom
8th July 2007, 14:32
Hayden has raced well at Sachsenring in the past, could be on for a podium. In 2005 he finished less than one second behind Rossi; that was for third, with Gibernau between them! The nature of the track usually means the riders stay fairly bunched up, and handling is the main attribute you need (although the way the Duc jumps out of corners will obviously benefit it).

1. Rossi
2. Stoner
3. Hopkins

Pole - Edwards (!)

Westy - top 8 finish

The Phantom
8th July 2007, 14:35
Argh! Stoner was born the year I started driving!

Man, I feel old tonight : \

Corny
8th July 2007, 15:31

I mean that the one that gets pole, will not win the race..

jim mcglinchey
8th July 2007, 17:47

you taking the piss out of lewis?

alfa155btcc
9th July 2007, 01:22

Lewis did well keeping his record going now 9 straight podiums

burger
9th July 2007, 02:17

Yeah, whoever gets pole, comes in second :D

tha_jackal
9th July 2007, 08:23

Im taking the piss outta formula one :p .. even if i was, is lewis untouchable? getting a bit big for his boots? ;)

As far as the Saschenring goes:-

1. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
3. Hayden
Pole> Hopkins

Westy for a top 8 finish and to improve his prac/qualy pace at a track that he enjoys :up: Cant wait!

alfa155btcc
9th July 2007, 17:51
Im taking the piss outta formula one :p .. even if i was, is lewis untouchable? getting a bit big for his boots? ;)

1. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
3. Hayden
Pole> Hopkins

Westy for a top 8 finish and to improve his prac/qualy pace at a track that he enjoys :up: Cant wait!

I think Lewis is doing well but ofcorse he is in a great car, typical english press building him up only so they can bring him down, he is a good driver but a bit cocky for my liking, anyway less of F1 lets keep it to Moto GP proper exciting sport.
:s mokin:

Corny
9th July 2007, 18:00

1. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
3. Hayden
Pole> Hopkins

you're an Aussie and you don't take Stoner in your top 3? How dare you:P

The Phantom
10th July 2007, 16:40
Maybe thinking about the Duc's power being knobbled by the tight nature of the track?

Or perhaps that Stoner is going to have something go wrong sooner or later - maybe get punted off, or get in a bit hot and drop it, or fry a tyre... weird thing is I can't actually imagine it happening? Certainly not on his form for the whole of the year to date.

F1 sucks!

Corny
10th July 2007, 17:21
Or perhaps that Stoner is going to have something go wrong sooner or later - maybe get punted off, or get in a bit hot and drop it, or fry a tyre... weird thing is I can't actually imagine it happening? Certainly not on his form for the whole of the year to date.

yeah, we're waiting for this all year, but it's simply not happening..

to be honest, I give Stoner a very good chance on this weekend's GP, we know Ducati's got the best traction control and I'm sure that will help Casey this weekend a lot.. (especially in the long left corner)

alfa155btcc
10th July 2007, 23:42
yeah, we're waiting for this all year, but it's simply not happening..

to be honest, I give Stoner a very good chance on this weekend's GP, we know Ducati's got the best traction control and I'm sure that will help Casey this weekend a lot.. (especially in the long left corner)

I am a big Rossi fan as you all know by now but I agree i don`t think he is gonna drop it Stoner that is, he has not put a foot wrong, like i have said before even when Rossi was winning titles left right and centre you need a combination of things to go right for you they are, Great Bike, Lots of BHP, Great Rider, Great Tyres, a good team behind you and ofcorse Luck.

tha_jackal
11th July 2007, 02:38
Maybe thinking about the Duc's power being knobbled by the tight nature of the track?

F1 sucks!

Not only that, but the Yamaha's and to a lesser extents the Honda's nimbleness, I think, will leave all four Ducs struggling this weekend.. Time will tell though..

Also, I dont like to factor misfortune into my predictions, I dont wish/predict that on anyone :p

Oh and toooo right! F1 = Good if your struggling to sleep at night :D

Corny
13th July 2007, 14:04
answer on this threat's question: Casey Stoner, the guy is amazing..

alfa155btcc
13th July 2007, 16:06
Well what a suprise or not in this case, end of final practice Stoner Fastest well done to him followed by the doctor Rossi, great qualifying by Guintoli on Yamaha with Dunlop Tyres, as for race gonna be between the 2 best riders out there at the moment. Must mention what has happened to Hayden all was looking well 2 weeks ago at Assen but did you guys see that Honda of his explode, that`s not the first Honda to do that this season.

ChrisS
13th July 2007, 19:29
I think Rossi will win. his bike's agility will be his advantage

alfa155btcc
14th July 2007, 14:39
Final Qualifying is as follows -

1.Stoner
2.Pedrosa
3.Melandri
4.De puniet
5.Hopkins
6.Rossi
7.Capirossi

Well Done to Stoner, but if it`s a warm track fancy the Yamaha`s and Honda, if Pedrosa`s bike does`nt blow up like Hayden`s, can`t wait for race, what do you reckon will be final result.
Saluti

Corny
14th July 2007, 15:11
weird quali, both Rossi and Stoner didn't look great on racing tyres this afternoon..
Pedrosa did look great, he clocked some constant 22 high laps..
I think it's 1 Pedrosa 2 Stoner 3 Rossi or Melandri

alfa155btcc
14th July 2007, 20:15
I noticed that too Corny Pedrosa during qualifying did fast laps consistenly, watch out for him tomorrow, un usual that rossi dod`nt go out for another try just went out to practie his starts very un usual roll on tomorrow I think it`s gonna be another great 3 races.

alfa155btcc
14th July 2007, 20:35
P.S.

Forgot to mention other classes -

Final Qualifying for 125 Class was
1.Talmacsi
2.Pasini
3.Faubel

think Pasini if bike is well he has nothing to loose and will win

Final Qualifying for 250 Class was
1.Kalio
2.Dovizioso
3.De Angelis

Hope Dovizioso with more nimble honda can close gap on Lorenzo and win this race

tha_jackal
15th July 2007, 03:35
"Today was my first really good go on the qualifying tyres and I was surprised how quickly I was able to ride on the first set. We then put the second set on and, to be honest, I could have gone faster but I'm still trying to get used to the feel of them. On the last set, I was going really well, with the fastest overall times in the first two splits, but then I completely stuffed up the last corner. Somehow, I ended up in third gear whereas I usually take it in second: big mistake. Our overall set up's not too bad, there's still a bit of a problem with some vibration, but other than that the bike's feeling great and should be good for the race. I'm really happy I've had time to try different things out here with the bike for a few days in the dry and yeah, I'm very pleased with my position."

Ant buggered up the last corner in QP.. (i.e Vermeulen, Hayden.) I rekon he will be pretty strong when the lights go out though and should put in a good race (hes always consistant.)

Main Target = Beat the other green bike. :up:

Gooo Ant :)

New Predictions:-
1. Stoner
2. Pedrosa
3. Hopkins

Ant will be aiming for better than ninth, thats my guess ;)

Mark my words, this race WILL be a cracker!

NinjaMaster
15th July 2007, 09:54
Main Target = Beat the other green bike. :up:

That just means he has to finish the race. Randy threw it away 2 or 3 times as well as running off the track as well.

If Casey can win this weekend (I hope he can) then hopefully that will kill completely the talk of the Ducati's power winning him the races. It should really be a rip-snorta of a race with Yamaha being the slowest of the manufacturers in qualifying. Don't count on that remaining like that for the race though!

Schultz
15th July 2007, 12:42
Stoner has been dominating this week. Every single session including this evenings warm-up, has seen Stoner occupy the top of the time sheets. There is no reason why he shouldn't top that off in the only real session that really counts :up:

tha_jackal
15th July 2007, 14:39
Rossi has to be spitting chips after that race, soo unlike him to crash under pressure (becoming more common?) I think Stoner will be breathing a huge sigh of relief though.

Rides of the day, Pedrosa and Hayden, both turned around an abysmal start of the year to really make a statement that theyre back...

Im gonna mention Ant, as i do, but really, what a composed and mature race in only his third ride. Especially with the Bridgestones going right off towards the end, he held his own and was catching his teammate in the end and woulda finished right with him (i rekon woulda had a dip at him if his bike didnt die.) Bring on Laguna.. :D

Corny
15th July 2007, 14:58
aii Rossi, if he would get a chance to drive a lot points back from Casey, it would've been today.

it's clear for me: World champion 2007, Casey Stoner

alfa155btcc
15th July 2007, 18:29
Rossi showed today that he is only human, de puniet was hard to pass and unlike him he went in to tight on the corner and there is only so much you can lean bike into a corner, I don`t think this mistake is becoming a common accurance though, they had not looked good all weekend although big shout out to edwards seems his tyre choice was better than rossi`s, shame rossi fell though cause later on in race all bridgestone tyres were going off except for Capirossi he would of got my ride of the day but for me it has to be Pedrosa been strong all weekend, it could of been alot worse for rossi had stoner finished higher up but with the luck he has had (Stoner) i think this will be his year.

Ranger
16th July 2007, 06:14
Good race I reckon, even though Pedrosa shot into the distance (who woulda thunk it??). Great from him and the Repsol Honda camp as a whole. Once Hayden qualifies in the top 5 with the setup he's been having over the past 2 races he will win a race. 14th to 3rd a fortnight after coming from 16th to 3rd is pretty damn decent. If his season started in Assen he would've been racing for the title instead of his pride. Which is a bit of a shame.

Good on Rossi for pushing, but man... he's not going to win the title doing things like that! Given the rate of Bridgestone decay I think he could have pipped Stoner and perhaps many other Bridgestone riders to a podium today but instead he walked away with nothing. But he is Rossi - he'll be back on the top step sooner rather than later. :up:

Kudos to Capirossi and West too, great races.