PDA

View Full Version : I won!

CarlMetro
18th December 2006, 22:52
For the first time since I can remember I have won a prize :D

After getting a little miffed with T-Mobile for their wireless internet service when I'm travelling, I decided to change supplier. Having used BT for the past 18 months at home, I thought I'd give them a whirl. They offer a reasonably good package for the price, and it has been working everywhere I want it to so far.

Whilst logging on I came across a simple competion, which I entered, as you do, and got an e-mail two weeks ago telling me I'd won first prize, which is a hot air balloon ride for two, courtesy of Red Letter Days :D

Anyone else won a prize?

Drew
18th December 2006, 22:54
Congratulations!

The only thing I've won was a £5 voucher for a shop in the village after I came 3rd in a drawing competition when I was 6 or so. It was just colouring in :s

Rollo
18th December 2006, 22:58
I won the "Most Outstanding Debtors Award" from a stationary company we deal with... er, that's not a good thing is it?

schmenke
18th December 2006, 23:02
Hey, great news Carl. Glad to see that you're moving up in the world :up:

I've never won anything interesting. Every now and then, as my little card fills with stamps, I get a free coffee from the local beanery :dozey:
The missus once won a round-trip air ticket from Shanghai to Bangkok, which we unfortunately were never able to use :mark:

Alexamateo
18th December 2006, 23:06
I've won a couple of drawings for cd's(music) REM was one, Amy Grant the other.

I won a Marlboro Racing Team Penske jacket once

I won $50 in the lottery once

I won tickets to see the band Cheap Trick once.

Lots of "free fries, free cokes" etc.

I think there's a few other things too, I've actually won a bunch of small prizes, but never a "Major" prize

Dave B
18th December 2006, 23:07
Nice one Carl :up:

However, I can beat you. I've just won Time magazine's Person of the Year 2006 :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6187113.stm

Daniel
18th December 2006, 23:17
Caroline won a 2 gig iPod Nano just the other week :)

DonJippo
18th December 2006, 23:28
I had once six out of seven numbers right in Finnish national lottery...won only about 1500€ with that. One more right and would have won a bit more :rolleyes:

DonJippo
18th December 2006, 23:30
Sorry double post

Daniel
18th December 2006, 23:31
I won about that amount in Australian dollars a few years ago :)

Ian McC
18th December 2006, 23:32
Nice one Carl :D

Alas I never have much luck with winning stuff :(

Norwegian Blue
18th December 2006, 23:46
I won a battle of the bands...on my own :D

LeonBrooke
19th December 2006, 04:52
I won a copy of the Batman Forever soundtrack once... a few other minor things like that. I once got runner-up in a school creative writing competition, I was so proud. I got a cheque for $20.00...

janneppi
19th December 2006, 08:25
I had once six out of seven numbers right in Finnish national lottery...won only about 1500€ with that. One more right and would have won a bit more :rolleyes:
Mad lottery skills. :)
Personally, i only partisipate in the lottery when i know for sure i'll win it. :)

Mark
19th December 2006, 08:26
Very nice! Those baloon rides cost a fortune!

jim mcglinchey
19th December 2006, 08:37
I win stuff most every day..well, according to the spam and the junk mail that arrives. Unfortunately I never have time to collect any of the great prizes

LotusElise
19th December 2006, 09:26
I won a fiver from a bag of Walker's crisps once.

Donney
19th December 2006, 10:59
Congratulations Carl!!!

I don't think I've ever won any prize.

Mark
19th December 2006, 11:10
I won an HP Ipaq 2210 once, in a raffle :D

It now lives on as wor lass' TomTom ONE sat nav

harsha
19th December 2006, 11:19
i won a cruise for two once while shopping...and the funny thing was that they wanted me to pay for a 33% prize tax :s ,i would have taken it but none of my family had the time at that moment and i had to reject the prize

nicemms
19th December 2006, 11:41
Well done.

I have never won anything ever. I would rather like to win the lottery though.

slinkster
19th December 2006, 13:11
Wow, nice one Carl... what a cool prize!

The best thing, adn I think the ONLY thing, I've ever won was a bike. I was about 8 at the time and was annoyed to discover my mum sold it to the woman down the road for £100 just because I already had my brothers hand me down!!!

555-04Q2
19th December 2006, 13:42
Congrats Carl :)

The only things I have ever won are a toaster at a charity event raffle and ZAR 500 bucks for filling in a questionare at my bank about a year ago :)

schmenke
19th December 2006, 15:00
...and the funny thing was that they wanted me to pay for a 33% prize tax :s ,...

I've never heard of such a thing :s

Hazell B
19th December 2006, 19:05
However, I can beat you. I've just won Time magazine's Person of the Year 2006 :p

And what about your incredible tight win on breakfast telly? Thought we'd forgotten that one, eh? Never gonna happen, dude :p :

Good one Carl. Hope you enjoy it. Just don't ever show me any photos from up in the sky - I'm scared of heights!

jso1985
19th December 2006, 19:31
Congrats Carl, ballon rides here cost a fortune

I've won minor prizes on the lottery(15€ being the biggest) and a crappy radio from a geography contest in my school.

Dave B
19th December 2006, 21:18
And what about your incredible tight win on breakfast telly? Thought we'd forgotten that one, eh? Never gonna happen, dude :p :

Hey, and Declan Curry's autograph don't forget! :p

harsha
20th December 2006, 04:32
I've never heard of such a thing :s

believe it,that's the situation here....there's the indian version of Who wants to be a millionare,and 33 % of whatever you win goes to the government......