PDA

View Full Version : Drivers: differences in their driving

Blackburn Buccaneer
6th July 2007, 09:48
I would really like to hear some comments about the differences in driving styles. Who has a soft touch? who maintains focus? who is aggressive when it matters, and patient when it's required.

Not who is better than who as a person: but, which driver does a thing seemingly more skillfuly than another.

Braking
Passing
Cornering
Speed
Consistent lap times
Qualifying

Folks not the my guy is better than your guy rivalry: JUST personal opinions and facts where available.

Thanks

wedge
6th July 2007, 13:51
Read Peter Windsor's comments on the ITV-F1 website and his articles in F1 racing (June issue had an excellent analysis of Hamilton).

Mark Hughes sometimes makes some interesting observations in Autosport.

Martin Brundles' driving style feature (first shown during Brazillian GP 2006, IIRC) is on youtube somewhere.

F1MAN2007
6th July 2007, 14:03
Read Peter Windsor's comments on the ITV-F1 website and his articles in F1 racing (June issue had an excellent analysis of Hamilton)..

ITV and almost all the British Media they know only Lewis Hamiliton in F1. :D

markabilly
6th July 2007, 15:05
Yep brit press and brit posters---we luv our Hamie baby!!!And ron dennis knows that the little spaniard better not win over Hamie cause ronnie will NEVER Ever survive the disappointment in Britian. Poor FA has already lost but does not know it

And Hamie announces that he thinks that he wishes he could race Schumi--HAHAHAAHA---only if Schui were at Big Mac and FA's mechanics were working on Mickie's car instead of on FA, would hamie have a chance.

Otherwise, given FA's demised departure from renault, it would have meant WDC number 8 for Mickie @ Ferrari

markabilly
6th July 2007, 15:17
On the other hand, with MS at Mclaren along with hamie, i could just hear ronnie d saying:

"er, MS we know you are leading and it is only lap 4 with a 5 sec lead over hamie, could you come in for a little stop and go? We just noticed that one of the sponsors' ad decals appear it might not be firmly attached...would not want to lose it..Which ad? Well we are not sure, but come on in and we will find one"

At another race:

"What Q3 already? Well don't get in a hurry and be a snit, we still have three minutes left.....OK where is your helmet, gee let's see, must be around here somewhere......"

Another race:

"I just was as surprized as you were about that loose wrie in the tranny, MS...maybe it that Stephnie guy did it......snuck up here in the middle of the nite"

wedge
6th July 2007, 15:22
As the late great Denis Jenkinson once said (originally referring to Senna): "It's like Gilles Villeneuve all over again".

Lewis drives with so much flair that its so unique and awe-inspiring because it's almost as if he's re-writing the book on how to drive modern F1 cars.

The next guy closest to Lewis, IMO, is Kubica. He was fantastic to watch in last year's BMW but this year's car doesn't reward you with that driving style.

And then obviously you have Kimi who makes it look so effortless, except when he carries too much speed onto the apex!

markabilly
6th July 2007, 16:52
Lewis drives with so much flair that its so unique and awe-inspiring because it's almost as if he's re-writing the book on how to drive modern F1 cars.

The next guy closest to Lewis, IMO, is Kubica. He was fantastic to watch in last year's BMW but this year's car doesn't reward you with that driving style.

!
What is with you brittie boys?
Must be luv @ first cite :eek:

Too bad button aint at big mac, with the same crew dedicated to seeing him win---i can hear it all now!!!

And hamie is a shadow compared to button, webber, MS, FA, Reikon

but as to FA, you got that right on talking Kubica, cause clearly the Big Mac ain't set up for FA's driving style at all. Woner why??????????ronnie knows

After last year and seeing how FA managed to overcome the problems of renault and still beat out MS....now that is a driver with some style and one who did make a major contrib to winning

Blackburn Buccaneer
6th July 2007, 18:13
Read Peter Windsor's comments on the ITV-F1 website and his articles in F1 racing (June issue had an excellent analysis of Hamilton).

Mark Hughes sometimes makes some interesting observations in Autosport.

Martin Brundles' driving style feature (first shown during Brazillian GP 2006, IIRC) is on youtube somewhere.

thanks for your straight forward reply: just got back and had a chance to look at the replies: 'am looking at some others also.
i can read some german and spanish so 'll be looking for some sensible opinions from here on the board and elsewhere also. There are some drivers that strike me as very good at fisrt glance: hamilton, kubica, raikonen, alonzo, massa, heidfeld, and maybe rossberg.

I realize that some of the others are dealing with equipment issues to a certain extent: but, i'ld still like to give them a long look, TV permiting.

truefan72
8th July 2007, 02:03
What is with you brittie boys?
Must be luv @ first cite :eek:

Too bad button aint at big mac, with the same crew dedicated to seeing him win---i can hear it all now!!!

And hamie is a shadow compared to button, webber, MS, FA, Reikon

but as to FA, you got that right on talking Kubica, cause clearly the Big Mac ain't set up for FA's driving style at all. Woner why??????????ronnie knows

After last year and seeing how FA managed to overcome the problems of renault and still beat out MS....now that is a driver with some style and one who did make a major contrib to winning

First and foremost, you certainly don't like Hamilton, as you choose to bash him in any thread regardless of the topic.

Second, I'm not sure where you get the "Hamie Boy" reference from, but refering to him as such displays your clear distaste for him. not to mention pseudo racist.

You'r comments are neither insightful or entertaining but clearly aimed at stirring up controversy, conflict or whatever misguided reason.

From now on, please measure your statemets with some semblance of reality instead of just looking to flame a particular driver.

One or two posts can be chalked up to emotions or whatever, but when every last one of your first 19 posts on this forum expout the same tired and somewhat indecent remarks, it paints a disturbing portrait and doesn't bode well for your future in this forum.

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 02:34
thanks for your straight forward reply: just got back and had a chance to look at the replies: 'am looking at some others also.
i can read some german and spanish so 'll be looking for some sensible opinions from here on the board and elsewhere also. There are some drivers that strike me as very good at fisrt glance: hamilton, kubica, raikonen, alonzo, massa, heidfeld, and maybe rossberg.

I realize that some of the others are dealing with equipment issues to a certain extent: but, i'ld still like to give them a long look, TV permiting.

Bunsen has a very smooth technique, something that impressed Frank greatly when he first tested him. When bunsen reneged on his obligation to go to Williams, Frank stated that he would still consider bunsen in his team in the future.

I think current bunsen's woes stem from a basic flaw in the Honda's design; to the extent that a complete re-design in the style of a Ferrari cum McLaren next year would have solved his problems. Too bad some spoilt sport reported two guys who wanted desperately to help bunsen by bringing some goodies to Team Honda for him. :(

Blackburn Buccaneer
8th July 2007, 06:37
Bunsen has a very smooth technique, something that impressed Frank greatly when he first tested him. When bunsen reneged on his obligation to go to Williams, Frank stated that he would still consider bunsen in his team in the future.

I think current bunsen's woes stem from a basic flaw in the Honda's design; to the extent that a complete re-design in the style of a Ferrari cum McLaren next year would have solved his problems. Too bad some spoilt sport reported two guys who wanted desperately to help bunsen by bringing some goodies to Team Honda for him. :(

thanks for the heads-up on button. I watched the nascar race today, and enjoyed the way kyle busch was pushing his car to the limit: right on the edge.
tv just doesn't do justice in its coverage, as opposed to actually being at an f1 race. i guess the next best way to check out the drivers in f1 is an in car pass: these guys are amazing.