PDA

View Full Version : Lewis at McLaren forever

bontebempo
6th July 2007, 09:08
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39920

zzzzzzzzzz yeah yeah. Just like Terry Henry at Arsenal for the rest of his career. Hamilton will leave McLaren as soon as he gets a great deal from another team. Sure he will stay at McLaren for around 5 years but thats all. Ferrari will make a mega offer and he will be in red no problemo

Flat.tyres
6th July 2007, 09:25
so, basically hes saying he has a lot of passion for the team, wasnt motivated by money but the challenge of F1 and cant imagine driving for another team.

seems very honest and reasoned to me.

Is he saying he will never drive for another team? no.

Big Ben
6th July 2007, 09:28
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39920

zzzzzzzzzz yeah yeah. Just like Terry Henry at Arsenal for the rest of his career. Hamilton will leave McLaren as soon as he gets a great deal from another team. Sure he will stay at McLaren for around 5 years but thats all. Ferrari will make a mega offer and he will be in red no problemo

Wow man, you are good! I´m thinking of a number from 1 to 10... can you guess it?

ShiftingGears
6th July 2007, 09:43
It's not an impossibility. And he's not saying he definitely isn't going to move teams. And even if he didnt change teams, it wouldnt be the first time that a racewinner never changed teams during his stay in F1.

Valve Bounce
6th July 2007, 14:06
Maybe he'd like to come to Essendon. Our best player James Hird just tore his calf muscle, then our hot recruit Alwyn Davey just broke his arm and is out for the rest of this year, and then we just got shot down by 50 points by the Cats. :bigcry: Come help us, Lewis. :( He could be our new speedy forward.

F1MAN2007
6th July 2007, 14:07
Of course Fernando leaving the team (still rumour), no one will never replace Lewis in Mclaren. He will be treated like Schummacher in his time at Ferrari and all support will be on him.

tinchote
6th July 2007, 15:55
Didn't Kimi say similar things a few years ago?

markabilly
6th July 2007, 17:04
Of course Fernando leaving the team (still rumour),................. him.

What is FA' problem? Already tired of loose wires in his tranny and being told to pit way tooooo early even though there was extra fuel in the car so Hamie could stay ahead by doing laps with a lighter load...set-ups that do not suit him.... :hot: :hot: ... the season's not half over, still lots of abuse to go.......what a sore loser!!!!

But maybe FA is not so stupid as to think that he has a chance---no way ronnie is going to totally PO the brits and his big chance at ever lasting fame by having a rookie brit winning a WDC, just so the Spanaird can win a third....no wonder MS said what he said about big mac and the chance to drive for them this year.........

markabilly
6th July 2007, 17:18
Further proof---even Bernie wants him winning and not that FA guy---

"He's rescued British sport this summer," said Ecclestone.
"The impact he has also made on Formula One is pretty obvious. We are on the front and back pages of important newspapers - that's what Lewis has done. "If he continues the way he has for these first eight races then he is going to be a super superstar isn't he? Let's hope that's what happens"

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/6996974

Now how can Ronnie dear sayeth NO. give the Spanaird an equal chance Nope, no way

Crypt
6th July 2007, 18:18
Personally I think Bernie was scared that viewers would leave in droves after Schumacher left, so enter Brit's new golden boy. Good timing and good from a marketing standpoint.

I still think Hami is the anti-christ though :P

jens
6th July 2007, 19:05
Forever? I doubt about that - a driver needs changes to keep up the motivation. Renault also did everything possible to satisfy Alonso, but the Spaniard decided to look for a new challenge.

jso1985
6th July 2007, 19:10
read the whole article before making any conclusions....

"I'm not saying I'm going to be here forever, I don't know how long I will be in Formula 1, I haven't decided how long I want to stay in Formula 1."

RaikkonenRules
6th July 2007, 23:08
Well Jeff Gordon's been driving the same car all his career for well over 10 years now so it could be possible Lewis could do the same.

Ranger
7th July 2007, 01:43
Well Jeff Gordon's been driving the same car all his career for well over 10 years now so it could be possible Lewis could do the same.

But unlikely. F1 is very different to tin-top series. Same goes with V8 Supercars.

Valve Bounce
7th July 2007, 03:41
Yeah!! I think the Tin Tops and V8's have covers over the wheels; and maybe a roof over the drivers' heads? :confused:

Hawkmoon
7th July 2007, 04:06
It's not the nature of F1 for drivers to spend their entire career's with a single team. For example, Alonso's on his third team in 7 seven years. Ferrari were Schumi's third team, Prost drove for 4, Senna for 4, Mansell for 4, Piquet for 4 (at least).

It's a nice sentiment to want to stay with McLaren for his entire career but I think the only way for that to happen is if Hamilton's career is a short one. The signs point to the exact opposite, however.

markabilly
7th July 2007, 06:34
read the whole article before making any conclusions....

"I'm not saying I'm going to be here forever, I don't know how long I will be in Formula 1, I haven't decided how long I want to stay in Formula 1."

can only mean one thing: NASCAR!! :D :laugh:

Must be thinkin about money and racing based more on driver ability and luck than technology..there was a time 15 or 20 years ago, when F1 was still like that (and 1967 was the best year ever for F1, Clark, Stewart, Gurney, Hill, Bruce, Denny, Surtees, et al in cars that had no electronic connections, data read outs, wings no pit stops and the best man either won or broke down...and no one played bumper cars since it was deadly enough w/o it)and back then, nascar depended on who had the best engine and the most mean blind ambition and the least fun in the pit stops...... but alas F1 has become just like NASCAr and has out-teched the driver, borrowed Nascar pit stops (but even over teched that as well!!) so give me a brake--there is no passing except passing in the pits as the F1 chief strategy now :rolleyes:

Problem is JPM made a big splash and then sank plum out of sight, sort like a rock hitting the water, and he is with a team that produces race winners---so much for F1 driver superiority seems more like inferiority to me-- :rotflmao:

Of course with endorsments and personal apperances the top 10 or more drivers make as much or more than Schmui was making--and the top half of the field will make more money than FA and Hamie added together, and they seem to have fun, and do not spend their time walikn around like a nerdy effeminate Brit with something up his arse.

Based on the descriptions that Hamie seems to lack that particular snitty Brit problem, he just might fit in, and then we would see if got any talent :D

wmcot
7th July 2007, 23:07
so, basically hes saying he has a lot of passion for the team, wasnt motivated by money but the challenge of F1 and cant imagine driving for another team.

Although there are reports in the coverage of FP this weekend that his dad asked for his salary to be increased by a factor of 10. I don't know if Ron likes parting with his money that easily.

Then again, perhaps RD will have large legal fees to pay and not be able to afford LH????

ottostreet
8th July 2007, 04:07
hakkinen was with one team for 9 years and would never have driven for another. it is possible to have the loyalty i suppose. is there actually any driver who had a relatively lengthy career and did it all with the same team?

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 05:01
Lewis Hamilton was brought along by McLaren in the lower grades and they gave this talented man a great opportunity to learn racing step by step on the track. He wouldn't have scored so many consecutive podiums if he wasn't that good; even with the best car in F1 for any driver, let alone a rookie this is an extremely great achievement.
Then, of course, you have the smart guys here who just want to call him names and deride his achievements with cheap snide remarks.

wmcot
8th July 2007, 07:53
hakkinen was with one team for 9 years and would never have driven for another. it is possible to have the loyalty i suppose. is there actually any driver who had a relatively lengthy career and did it all with the same team?

Didn't MH drive for Lotus for awhile before joining McLaren?

Hawkmoon
8th July 2007, 08:10
Didn't MH drive for Lotus for awhile before joining McLaren?

Yes. He started his career with Lotus.