PDA

View Full Version : British Grand Prix Practice, Quals and Race Thread

Valve Bounce
6th July 2007, 04:00
Seeing that nobody has started this thread, I thought I'd kick it off. Interesting that all three days could/might be affected by different eather conditions, one day's supremacy may not lead to the next day's top results. So who will dominate? Ferrari or McLaren. Will BMW be the interloper to finish among these two teams and how will Frank's tanks perform.

Come here to have your say : before, during and after each days sessions.

I am putting all my eggs into the Hamilton basket.
And, Oh yes!! will bunsen be able to earn another point?

ShiftingGears
6th July 2007, 08:39
So hows that rain coming along sheilas and fellas?

pino
6th July 2007, 08:45

I am putting all my eggs into the Hamilton basket.

Sorry for you but I've the feeling Hamiton won't win this time :p :

pino
6th July 2007, 12:07
No surprises so far :

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:21.100 24
2. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:21.211 + 0.111 26
3. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:21.285 + 0.185 26
4. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:21.675 + 0.575 21
5. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:22.006 + 0.906 24
6. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) 1:22.107 + 1.007 25
7. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) 1:22.176 + 1.076 13
8. Wurz Williams-Toyota (B) 1:22.216 + 1.116 23
9. R.Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:22.878 + 1.778 21
10. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:22.956 + 1.856 27
11. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:23.030 + 1.930 26
12. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:23.037 + 1.937 24
13. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:23.099 + 1.999 25
14. Fisichella Renault (B) 1:23.179 + 2.079 21
15. Button Honda (B) 1:23.517 + 2.417 17
16. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:23.548 + 2.448 18
17. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:23.564 + 2.464 21
18. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:23.618 + 2.518 15
19. Speed Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:23.854 + 2.754 20
20. Sutil Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:23.954 + 2.854 25
21. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:24.154 + 3.054 23
22. Albers Spyker-Ferrari (B) 1:24.172 + 3.072 30

source autosport.com

ArrowsFA1
6th July 2007, 12:11
Williams look strong :up:

ioan
6th July 2007, 12:17
Why is that Heidfeld did only 13 laps?

Flat.tyres
6th July 2007, 13:23
1:21.1 is not too shabby a time for P1.

I would have thought Freddy might want to make a mark early on.

ArrowsFA1
6th July 2007, 13:30
Jenson Button will sit out this afternoon's second practice session for the British Grand Prix after twinging his back in the morning.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60522

CarlMetro
6th July 2007, 14:41
Wow! Kimi just set three purples to go fastest by 6 tenths :s hock:

Valve Bounce
6th July 2007, 14:43
There's enarly an hour to go - I think the drivers are trying out different settings rather than go for outright times just yet.

CarlMetro
6th July 2007, 15:08
Well half an hour left an still no change at the top :D

ArrowsFA1
6th July 2007, 15:27
Ralf must be suffering from acrophobia up there in third!!!!

MrPonx
6th July 2007, 16:02
Gooooooooooooooooo Kimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D

Dave B
6th July 2007, 17:11
A great performance from Toyota :eek: Miracles will never cease...

Zico
6th July 2007, 17:35
Ferraris looking very strong so far.. tho Lewis did drop a hint that they were running on the heavy side, tomorow should give us a clearer indication..

jens
6th July 2007, 19:15
Toyota looked good already two weeks ago at Silverstone testing, so there might be a very slight possibility that this circuit suits Toyota. But all in all I'm quite sceptical, 'cause Yota has created a lot of disappointments this season.

Hard to say, which one has the edge this time - Ferrari or McLaren. But if McLaren is at least a match to Ferrari, then I think Hamilton should have a good chance to win the race. This is not just his home circuits, but also should be one of his favourite circuits. He was absolutely outstanding last year at Silverstone in GP2! Interesting that four top contenders (LH, FA, FM, KR) have all won 2 races so far this year. Who will get ahead in that contention this time?

Ranger
7th July 2007, 01:49
If Toyota manage to even look that fast throughout an entire season then they might get somewhere!

Kimi looked pretty damn fast as well.

Valve Bounce
7th July 2007, 02:47
It is possible that Toyota may have had some aero issues which they have solved with some extensive testing. Who knows. But their performance sure has improved a helluva lot for this weekend. let's hope Jarno gets onto the podium for pino's sake. :)

ArrowsFA1
7th July 2007, 17:01
What an awesome lap by Lewis :s mokin:

VkmSpouge
7th July 2007, 17:16
It was a splendid lap time by Lewis Hamilton right at the death to take pole.

Zico
7th July 2007, 17:17
Running very light.. or just perfect?

Big Ben
7th July 2007, 17:38
I find the quals more exciting and maybe even more important than the race itself lately... it was really great. Seeing KR going off track a bit there I thought that was it... no chance for him to make a better time... and when he did it I thought it´s going to be another pole for Ferrari but then appeared LH... I forgot about him... and he didn´t do too good in Q1 and Q2 so I didn´t think much of his chances but he pulled it off... It was fantastic.

This is season is really good... we can see 4 drivers fighting for the title in at this team of year!. Yoohoo :laugh:

Mysterious Rock
7th July 2007, 17:43
I find the quals more exciting and maybe even more important than the race itself lately... it was really great. Seeing KR going off track a bit there I thought that was it... no chance for him to make a better time... and when he did it I thought it´s going to be another pole for Ferrari but then appeared LH... I forgot about him... and he didn´t do too good in Q1 and Q2 so I didn´t think much of his chances but he pulled it off... It was fantastic.

This is season is really good... we can see 4 drivers fighting for the title in at this team of year!. Yoohoo :laugh:
I was sitting there today down at Stowe, and the way the commentator was commenting on the first few laps of q3, and the excitiement raised through the Lewis and Fernando battle made me think why dont the top 10 qualiers have a Qualification race, the postions from q2 in to a 10 man grid 6 lap race on race fuel with the credits too, so just the same as now except a 6 lap shootout for the top 10. Discuss, would make Saturday more interesting, maybe een a point for pole

veeten
7th July 2007, 18:00
so, 'junior' pulls yet another pole-winning lap out of his a$$ again.

Poor Fernando, he just had to be thinking during the cool-down lap, "... what the H3LL just happened here?!" :hmph:

better hope that he has trouble tomorrow, otherwise LH will just disappear off in the distance along with the points lead.

race aficionado
7th July 2007, 18:10
the understatement of the day: Wonderful lap by Lewis and wonderful gift to his fans.

Now, I won't start a thread with the topic "That first corner at Silverstone" by posting a video because I can't. :mad: but can you imagine that first corner?
Kimi beat Hamilton at the first corner last week, what will happpen here? Kimi's clutch has been oiled to suit him and LH does not want to give up his pole position.

It's going to be good, eh? :)

:s mokin:

Big Ben
7th July 2007, 18:15
I was sitting there today down at Stowe, and the way the commentator was commenting on the first few laps of q3, and the excitiement raised through the Lewis and Fernando battle made me think why dont the top 10 qualiers have a Qualification race, the postions from q2 in to a 10 man grid 6 lap race on race fuel with the credits too, so just the same as now except a 6 lap shootout for the top 10. Discuss, would make Saturday more interesting, maybe een a point for pole

It would be a good idea but it´s quite impossible to overtake nowadays... so they probably wouldn´t improve much their positions in this last Q. we´ve seen FA driving the entire race at Indianapolis in LH´s A$$ but nothing happened so I don´t know...

Big Ben
7th July 2007, 18:17
the understatement of the day: Wonderful lap by Lewis and wonderful gift to his fans.

Now, I won't start a thread with the topic "That first corner at Silverstone" by posting a video because I can't. :mad: but can you imagine that first corner?
Kimi beat Hamilton at the first corner last week, what will happpen here? Kimi's clutch has been oiled to suit him and LH does not want to give up his pole position.

It's going to be good, eh? :)

:s mokin:

I hope LH will handle KR better this time :)

jens
7th July 2007, 18:23
Didn't see the quali, but Ralf looks to be the biggest surprise of the qualifying - in Top6 in all three sessions. And it's also surprising that Jarno lost to him so clearly. It makes even more interesting, how well can JT match RS's pace tomorrow.

Looking at Q1 and Q2 times, then probably besides Hamilton and Räikkönen also Alonso is a strong contender for the race win?

herra47
7th July 2007, 18:33
I hope LH will handle KR better this time :)

Kimi starts from the dirty side of the track. He's going to have a hard time to keep Alonso behind.

MrPonx
7th July 2007, 19:11
Kimi is clearly much faster, as he still got 2nd after that mistake which probably cost him 0.2secs at least.

I think if Kimi was able to keep FA behind him at the start he will get to LH if not by overtaking diffinitely in pit stops.

GOOOOO KIIMMIIII

pino
7th July 2007, 19:29
And it's also surprising that Jarno lost to him so clearly. It makes even more interesting, how well can JT match RS's pace tomorrow.

Jarno has a different strategy me thinks ;)

Big Ben
7th July 2007, 19:56
Kimi is clearly much faster, as he still got 2nd after that mistake which probably cost him 0.2secs at least.

How did you came up with that number?

rohanweb
7th July 2007, 20:00
what the heck of an lap by Lewis.
its just only can better each time..
I was emotional when Lewis went out and did this lap..
Go on Lewis..win it tomorrow, all the best

MrPonx
7th July 2007, 20:39
How did you came up with that number?

well.. that's just a guess from my side given how Kimi was so pissed at his mistake and...

Q: Kimi, obviously you feel disappointed not to be on pole.
KR: Yeah, because I made a mistake in the last corner, or exiting the last corner. It’s basically straight already but I was on the grass so it didn’t help. I didn’t lift, but I just lost all the traction. The sand was flying everywhere, so it’s a bit disappointing really.

he was confident that if he didn't do that mistake he would've gotten the pole and we all know kimi, he's not a bull****ter...

ioan
7th July 2007, 21:42
let's hope Jarno gets onto the podium for pino's sake. :)

He'll have to beat Ralf for that! ;)

Valve Bounce
7th July 2007, 23:36
He'll have to beat Ralf for that! ;)

Maybe they'll both be on the podium :p :

ioan
8th July 2007, 00:13
Maybe they'll both be on the podium :p :

:eek: You mean a Ferrari, Toyota, Toyota podium?
Is that lunatic still behind bars or is he preparing to do the nude Olympics again tomorrow?! :D

donKey jote
8th July 2007, 00:37
wow !
I just watched quali after avoiding the news all day :(

Looking forward to a great race tomorrow :D - after avoiding the news again :(

LH, KR and FA, it's going to be tight... may the biggest donkey win :p

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

truefan72
8th July 2007, 00:49
can you imagine if RSC podiums?
he seems to have pace this weekend for a change.
After my criticism of his driving, he deserves a bit of praise for this weekends performance to date. As I have always said, the Toyota's are fairly competitive cars, they just need some fast drivers. Now that RSC is a bit desperate, you can see that he is getting more out of the car. Let's hope he keeps it up.
The natural question to ask would be, "where's this performance been all year?"

obviously the car has pace.

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 01:16
can you imagine if RSC podiums?
he seems to have pace this weekend for a change.
The natural question to ask would be, "where's this performance been all year?"

obviously the car has pace.

My Windows XP says "Hibernation", very definite about it when I clicked on something to do with turning

truefan72
8th July 2007, 01:33
My Windows XP says "Hibernation", very definite about it when I clicked on something to do with turning

good one ;)

ShiftingGears
8th July 2007, 03:24
Martin was talking about how Davidson backed off a lot through Copse and Bridge corners...why did he do that? Davidson also looked very foolish spinning off and screwing everyone elses flying laps.

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 04:53
He got caught in everybody's out lap when he was on a flyer. Last week, they sent him out too late and this week they sent him out too early.
Here's the link: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=32045

ioan
8th July 2007, 12:03
Alonso says he is heavier than Hamilton, but he believes that Ferrari have a greater chance to win it:

"I will see if I can do what Kimi did last week.”

"I have a better chance than at some other races when I was further back and had more fuel. Now I am third with a little bit more fuel (than Hamilton), so for sure I am going to go for it.

"But we cannot forget Ferrari. In the race I think they are still a little bit quicker than us."

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/index.shtml

Valve Bounce
8th July 2007, 12:10
Interesting! Let's hope Alonso can win.

Priorat
8th July 2007, 16:19
Everybody finished in his natural place today:
Kimi 1st, F.A. 2nd, LH, Kubica, Massa

ioan
8th July 2007, 16:28
Everybody finished in his natural place today:
Kimi 1st, F.A. 2nd, LH, Kubica, Massa

???

jens
8th July 2007, 17:13
Toyota can be soooo hopeless. Whenever they show so some promise in terms of speed, they have absolutely no reliability. Also Trulli qualified 6th in Spain and stalled on the grid immediately.

Honda looked better in race conditions again, but this is certainly not the level this team should be placing either.

Red Bull has been moving backwards after promising Bahrain and Spain races. What's the reason? Don't know. It also looks like Williams has recently not quite been as competitive as they were before - a slight downfall in performance for a private team like last year?

McLaren is slower than Ferrari, but thanks to reliability they continue to keep very good chances in winning both titles - in WCC they scored the same amount of points as Ferrari in this race, so basically they didn't lose anything despite not being able to win.

Renault is clearly the fourth strongest force - in the last races it looked like they might even start catching BMW, but it looks like they still have a lot of work to do to achieve that goal.