PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Johnson's trade secrets...

Erki
5th July 2007, 16:05
I just noticed that I have some "Men'sJournal" mag(March 2004 issue) in my home... I have no idea how it got here. :D But anyway, decided to browse it a bit and what did I find: Trade Secrets - Driving - How to Be First off the Line?

And what's the trade secret number one?

Yep...you were right, it's

CHEAT

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: And these smilies are literal - I was kneeling on the floor(no, not that) when I read it. Good thing that I wasn't on chair - I would have fallen off! :rotflmao:

blakebeatty
6th July 2007, 16:15
I couldn't find a smiley that was rolling it's eyes...

Erki
6th July 2007, 18:41
Does this one go: :rolleyes: ? :p : Looks like other people don't find it that funny. Well, at least I momentarily felt good so it's still all good. :)

SmokeFan20
6th July 2007, 22:37
Does this one go: :rolleyes: ? :p : Looks like other people don't find it that funny. Well, at least I momentarily felt good so it's still all good. :)

Why was it supposed to be funny?
Jimmie was telling the truth :D :p

Edit:
Could you scan that part of the artical and post it here?
I'd love to have proof of Jimmie admitting he's a cheater.

Erki
6th July 2007, 22:44
Why was it supposed to be funny?
Jimmie was telling the truth :D :p

Edit:
Could you scan that part of the artical and post it here?
I'd love to have proof of Jimmie admitting he's a cheater.

Sure. :) I'll do it tomorrow though as I'm heading to bed soon - it's past midnight here. :rolleyes: :p

harvick#1
7th July 2007, 02:01

remember Erki,

theres Hendrick fans, then theres everyone else against Hendrick motorsports :p :

Mark in Oshawa
7th July 2007, 05:42
Being a Cheater in NASCAR is part of the lore.......unless of course you are Chad Knaus, and then you are being accused of taking babies from their cribs and making milk go sour.....

Lets face it, if NASCAR wasn't so lax in years before, we wouldn't have the great lore of "Cheating" scandals that we have now.

I don't like Hendrick's 24 and 48, but I do know that they aint the only ones pushing the edge of the envelope. RCR, Roush, DEI and Gibbs have all been caught in various forms of "cheating" in the last few years....

Erki
7th July 2007, 17:10
I don't have a scanner so I had to take a photo... It's a bit blurry but readable. :)

It's quite high res so I just post the link: http://www.hot.ee/erki333/jjcheat.jpg

Enjoy. :)

blakebeatty
8th July 2007, 00:03
I wouldn't have even posted that, it pretty much destroyed your point. The article is talking about accelerating in traffic, from a standing stop. And even if you read the "cheat" section, the advice does not condone breaking any rules. It doesn't say to beat the light, cheat, it says accelerate a slight ammount so you are moving when the light changes. Good post!

Erki
8th July 2007, 01:05
I wouldn't have even posted that, it pretty much destroyed your point. The article is talking about accelerating in traffic, from a standing stop. And even if you read the "cheat" section, the advice does not condone breaking any rules. It doesn't say to beat the light, cheat, it says accelerate a slight ammount so you are moving when the light changes. Good post!

Thanks. :)

But isn't accelerating slight amount the same as beating the light? If the guy(or gal) is already moving slightly, it's not a standing start any more. :)

And no point was missed - the only point was that in order to win, you have to... CHEAT. :D

leopard
17th July 2007, 04:23
And no point was missed - the only point was that in order to win, you have to... CHEAT. :D
It and politic is a pair, although sometimes it hurts, sadly without them we will not exist like today. ;(

the most important thing as endeavor to be the Jack of the trade.

Jimmie48instyle
20th July 2007, 05:32
Being a Cheater in NASCAR is part of the lore.......unless of course you are Chad Knaus, and then you are being accused of taking babies from their cribs and making milk go sour.....

Lets face it, if NASCAR wasn't so lax in years before, we wouldn't have the great lore of "Cheating" scandals that we have now.

I don't like Hendrick's 24 and 48, but I do know that they aint the only ones pushing the edge of the envelope. RCR, Roush, DEI and Gibbs have all been caught in various forms of "cheating" in the last few years....

Almost forgot about this forum, until I received a "birthday greeting!" Mark, you summed up my feelings exactly. The most overused word in "Nascar Forum(s) vocabulary is "cheaters" and to phrase it best "24/48 & HMS are all cheaters!" Leave it up to the media to print an article with bold headline indirectly labelling Jimmie Johnson a cheater. I suppose cheating would apply if I decided to cross the street when I know the light is going to change, but hasn't so I step off the curb and begin my walk. Or if I decide to back up on the curb when a speeding driver talking on his cellphone tries to run me down...oh I get it "that's cheating death." Give me a break!