PDA

View Full Version : GTR-Car Handling

tannat
5th December 2006, 18:51
Finally received my wingpad in the mail so I could have some fun with this game, and for the most part I'm lovin' it, but the handling is a bit awkward. All cars seem to understeer like a pig, and the speed sensation doesn't seem accurate (though that is probably the fault of my PC, and not the game).

Had to load the game at work, as my home computer would'nt drive it :D
(only lunch breaks and after work, I promise :laugh :)

Tannat

Rickupinoft
5th December 2006, 21:39
The cars do feel like they understeer a lot when you first drive the car. But I drive without any aids, which is more difficult, but it gets rid of the bad response feeling. I don't play it much more though because the online league that I used to be part of have switched to playing GTR2 which I havn't got yet so it's back onto the shelf for a while. Still a fantastic game though.

SubaruNorway
8th December 2006, 23:33
I felt that to in the start but i think that had more to do with that i had to correct my line entering a corner wich upsets the car but after i while i got a better flow and the car felt much more neutral.

Haddock
10th December 2006, 12:37
They are GT cars, so I'd expect them to understeer.

Perversely, playing with a gamepad, I find I get less understeer if I knock off a degree or two of steering lock. Not sure why.

I tend to play with all the driving aids switched off apart from Anti-lock braking. Can't cope with learning the kind of sensitivity needed to control these cars under braking on a gamepad. (Its actually much easier in real life, because the brake pedal gives you a lot of feel for what the brakes are doing - in the game you can barely tell whether you've locked up or not).

tannat
21st December 2006, 01:49
Just had a fab race at Brno in the Ferrari 360. Won overall after a close race with the Lister and Ferrari 550. Quite fun! :up: