PDA

View Full Version : Trulli

ioan
2nd July 2007, 08:32
Didn't yet find a thread about Trulli's move at the start of the race.
People who were picking on Ralf after Indy do not seem to be interested about his team mates antics at all.

To be fair to Trulli, he apologized for ruining Kovi's race, but that doesn't change the fact he did a Ralf. (sorry pino! :D )

pino
2nd July 2007, 09:16
ioan, having Ralf as Team-mate, what you expect ? ;) In Italy we say "Andando con il zoppo si impara a zoppicare"... wish I could translate that in english :p :

janneppi
2nd July 2007, 09:46
Stupid is as stupid does?

It's really a same that Kovalainen's race was ruined from the start. He could have easily been on points.

ioan
2nd July 2007, 11:23
ioan, having Ralf as Team-mate, what you expect ? ;) In Italy we say "Andando con il zoppo si impara a zoppicare"... wish I could translate that in english :p :

Don't worry I understand it as it is in Italian! ;)

veeten
2nd July 2007, 12:24
oh, so Heikki drew the short straw yesterday? Ok... :p :

Bet all the other drivers got a collection up and sent him a fruit basket as a 'Thank You'.

"Our sincerest condolences for the loss of your race, but our deepest gratitude for your sacrifice." ;) :laugh:

jens
2nd July 2007, 19:32
After the race I wasn't too disappointed that JT was out already after Lap1 as it was quite unlikely for Jarno to score points anyway. There weren't any losses ahead and without that collison Heikki would have finished in a good position too.

Trulli is having some bad time - 4 out of his last 5 races have ended in a disappointment. It's not easy to make an impression, when you're driving for a Toyota...

Ian McC
2nd July 2007, 19:44
Trulli made a mistake and he stood up and accepted the blame, I don't think you could ask for much more after that. At least you tend to feel that Trulli is trying to get the best out of the car.

ojciec dyrektor
2nd July 2007, 20:49
Toyota Destroyers sounds perfectly ;)

truefan72
2nd July 2007, 23:53
I've said it time and time before, put two different drivers in the toyota's and you will see different results. Personally I like Trulli, but these two drivers have sent the team packing up early on many a Sunday. With all the problems at toyota, I still think they have a fairly competitive car.

jens
4th July 2007, 13:20
I've said it time and time before, put two different drivers in the toyota's and you will see different results. Personally I like Trulli, but these two drivers have sent the team packing up early on many a Sunday. With all the problems at toyota, I still think they have a fairly competitive car.

What do you mean by "fairly competitive"? JT is supposed to be one of the best qualifiers, so at least qualis should show, how good the car is. And you see, how "good" it is - narrowly getting into Top10.

truefan72
5th July 2007, 13:50
What do you mean by "fairly competitive"? JT is supposed to be one of the best qualifiers, so at least qualis should show, how good the car is. And you see, how "good" it is - narrowly getting into Top10.

Quali is more of a speed thing than a race indicator. Especially in the Q1 and Q2. The car can and does perform well during the races. It maintains a good pace throughout the race and doesn't reall suffer from major reliabilty issues. (other than stupidly preparing the wronf suspension set up for Canada)

TBH most of their retirements this year were/are driver induced. I'm not saying they can challenge the big 3 ( McClarfen, Ferrari, BMW) but they are solidly in that second tier and should score points every race.

The big X factor has been the drivers this year. Far too many mistakes on both race day and quali. Yes, blame has to go to the race director too, and the engineers, but a good chunk to the driver's inabilty to get anything out of the cars.

Toyota have made some poor choices in drivers/driver compensation which has in turn hampered their rise to success.

markabilly
5th July 2007, 15:22
Trulli does stuff like that all the time---geez who bumped who in Canada? DUUUH

jas123f1
5th July 2007, 19:39
I think the problem is that Toyotas car is not that good as it should be and drivers are a bit desperate to get some points. Trulli is now the driver who is most difficult to get past off. Some people have started to call him to the “Closing door Trulli” who only destroy races to the other drivers with his defensive driving. I hope Toyota gets better speed to their cars so their drivers can start to drive again.. but no one seams to know what to do.. :)

jens
13th July 2007, 19:42
I had to mention it!

Happy birthday to Jarno! ;) He's 33 now! :p :

Alas this season hasn't created much reason for happiness and hasn't created hope for the future. As the Toyota contract is probably the last one in his career then I'm afraid that he is going to spend the last phase of his career (about at least 2,5 more years to come) quite nowhere. :(