PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaming Season

leopard
2nd July 2007, 09:13
Here we go playing fantasy of rider structure that we believe it will give us more exciting competition than the existing:

Ducati Marlboro| Stoner, Lorenzo| They two are strong and aggressive
Yamaha Fiat| Rossi, Pedrosa| The calm and talented Pedrosa is Rossi's preference
Honda Repsol| Melandri, Hayden| Give Melandri the 1st Honda and let's see if it works
Suzuki Rizla| Hopkins, Randy de Puniet| They two have a challenge to lead the midfield
Gressini| Elias, Dovisiozo| For some occasion they ride greatly but also dangerous for others
Kawasaki| Ant West, Vermeulen| This is to make the more easy arrangement :)

The old stock goes here:
D'Antin: Baros, Capirosi
Tech3: Edwards, Checa
Team Roberts: KR Jr, Mc Williams

Single rider team
LCR: Tamada
JIR: Nakano

What's yours?

T-D
3rd July 2007, 01:49
Here we go playing fantasy of rider structure that we believe it will give us more exciting competition than the existing:

Ducati Marlboro| Stoner, Lorenzo| They two are strong and aggressive
Yamaha Fiat| Rossi, Pedrosa| The calm and talented Pedrosa is Rossi's preference
Honda Repsol| Melandri, Hayden| Give Melandri the 1st Honda and let's see if it works
Suzuki Rizla| Hopkins, Randy de Puniet| They two have a challenge to lead the midfield
Gressini| Elias, Dovisiozo| For some occasion they ride greatly but also dangerous for others
Kawasaki| Ant West, Vermeulen| This is to make the more easy arrangement :)

The old stock goes here:
D'Antin: Baros, Capirosi
Tech3: Edwards, Checa
Team Roberts: KR Jr, Mc Williams

Single rider team
LCR: Tamada
JIR: Nakano

What's yours?

i'll take lorenzo alongside rossi, thank you. what fun that would be.

i think also that guintoli deserves a promotion. put him in at d'antin alongside barros. hoffman to tech3 alongside capirossi.

give tamada and nakano back their bridgestones and they'll be fine. too complicated to say where however.

tha_jackal
3rd July 2007, 02:27
Ok, Ill give this a shot coz im bored..

Ducati Marlboro: Stoner, Dovizioso - Give another young bloke a go!

Yamaha Fiat: Rossi, Lorenzo - Dont know if theyll be in the same team or not, but both on factory Yams.

Honda Repsol: Pedrosa, Hayden - Dont fix what aint broken (as demonstrated @ Assen.)

Suzuki Rizla: Vermeulen, Spies - Bring in the AMA dominator to give CV the hurry up.

Gressini: Melandri, Toseland - Give the pommy git a go and put all the threats and bragging to rest.

Kawasaki: Ant West, Hopkins, DePuniet - Three way team looking likely.

D'Antin: DeAngelis, Hoffman - DeAngelis would be pretty entertaining and Hoffman only because Dorna want him there.

Tech3: Checa, Guintoli - Sylvains been solid and Checa will pay for Michelins ;)

Team Roberts: McCoy, McWilliams - Get the old hands on deck and develop the POS KR212V.

LCR: Rea - give some youngsters a go! out with the old in with the new!

JIR: Sofuoglu - ditto!

Schwantz/Aspar Suzuki: Elias or Bautista - Bautista in GP's would be WIIILD :)

Hmm, accurate? I think NOT! :p

Out with Barros, Capirossi, Edwards, Tamada and Nakano (they've had their time!)

leopard
3rd July 2007, 04:28
i'll take lorenzo alongside rossi, thank you. what fun that would be.

i think also that guintoli deserves a promotion. put him in at d'antin alongside barros. hoffman to tech3 alongside capirossi.

give tamada and nakano back their bridgestones and they'll be fine. too complicated to say where however.
I'd prefer Lorenzo on the strong team but not on the same team with Rossi, Ducati corse Marlboro I think would be the right choice. He has the same chance on the title, and being alongside Rossi he will never shine because of Rossi's supremacy on the Yamaha or wherever he is.

Guitoli deserves a promotion I will have to agree. As for Nakano and Tamada I in doubt whether they can perform any better.

NinjaMaster
3rd July 2007, 07:07
Excellent thread Leopard. I had been thinking about this for about a month but figured that surely it's too early to be thinking about next year!

Anyway, this is some possible changes I would like to see:

REPSOL HONDA: Nicky Hayden, Marco Melandri - Melandri to gain the coveted factory Honda he was promised this year in what will be a make-or-break year for he and Nicky.

GRESINI/TEN KATE HONDA: Randy dePuniet, James Toseland - Randy gets a ride because of his knowledge of Bridgestones whilst JT steps up with a solid team after a narrow WSB title win.

JiR HONDA: Shinya Nakano - A change to Bridgestones will see Nakkers competitive otherwise will remain as an also-ran in this make-or-break year for him.

LCR HONDA: Alex deAngeles - Alex has shown to have really matured over the last 2 seasons and will be rewarded with a ride capable of good things.

FIAT YAMAHA: Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo - Jorge to join Vale at Yamaha, though more likely in separate teams.

TECH3 YAMAHA: Colin Edwards, Sylvain Guintoli - Colin is desparate to remain in MotoGP and will replace the disappointing Tamada and give the Dunlop-shod team some vital development help.

RIZLA SUZUKI: Dani Pedrosa, Chris Vermeulen - in the shock move of the Summer, a discontented Pedrosa leaves Honda for a big buck contract at Suzuki to partner the ever improving Chris Vermeulen.

ASPAR SUZUKI: Toni Elias - a team pushed by Suzuki Spain, Elias passport will buy him a ride.

MONSTER KAWASAKI: John Hopkins, Anthony West, Loris Capirossi - Big changes for Team Green with John Hopkins joining as the no.1 rider and bringing Monster $ with him. Loris Capirossi to join in his final chance with the main class and Ant West to keep his position, edging out the unpredictable RdP.

MARLBORO DUCATI: Casey Stoner, Andrea Dovizioso - World Champion ( :D ), Casey Stoner to be joined by another disgruntled Honda rider in Andrea Dovizioso.

D'ANTIN DUCATI: Alex Barros, Alex Hoffman - D'Antin to be the only team to remain as is, content with the mid-pack performance of the incumbent riders.

Gone: Team Roberts (to WSB), Tamada, Checa

Would certainly make for an interesting year, unlikely as it is.

The Phantom
3rd July 2007, 08:03
No-one wants to factor Biaggi in for 2008?

I think a second Suzuki squad would do wonders for both Suzuki and the championship:

Alstare Corona Suzuki: Max Biaggi, Ben Spies

leopard
3rd July 2007, 10:21
FIAT YAMAHA: Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo - Jorge to join Vale at Yamaha, though more likely in separate teams.

Lorenzo is rumored has strong linkage with Yamaha, but as personal he isn't likely typical of rider Rossi is pleased to be team-mated with. Maybe true he rides Yamaha but in separate team with Rossi. I think they have to provide Lorenzo the third bike, a single rider team which have the same spec as their main team.
He is an asset for the long project of Yamaha once Rossi has to decide to no longer stay with them.

leopard
10th July 2007, 07:00
Not sure about Biaggi, this isn't the right time anymore to ride motogp

leopard
10th July 2007, 10:59
currently Biaggi is in talk with DTM :D