PDA

View Full Version : Vodka Jelly

AndySpeed
2nd July 2007, 00:01
Last week I made a vodka jelly, containing vodka and jelly (because, at 49p, it was the cheapest mixer for such a substantial amount of vodka). I have no idea how the effect of the alcohol actually hit me because not having had this 'food' before I did'nt know how I'd react. Does the body digest it and the alcohol hit you harder than drink?

I don't remember a thing of the whole night :s And it was 'extrav' at Lancs university (end of year event). :(

CarlMetro
2nd July 2007, 00:05
Not done jelly but I did do a vodka watermelon once where you make a small hole in the watermelon, empty the contents of a bottle of vodka into the hole and then leave it in the fridge for a week or so before eating the melon :lips: Twas very very nice :)

Drew
2nd July 2007, 01:25
We've tried vodka jelly, once with too much vodka so the jelly didn't set. Having said that, it didn't hit anybody too hard.

A friend claimed to make a vodka watermelon, but we never saw that...

P.s you've only just finished uni?!

AndySpeed
2nd July 2007, 09:32
We've tried vodka jelly, once with too much vodka so the jelly didn't set. Having said that, it didn't hit anybody too hard.

P.s you've only just finished uni?!

Yes and no, last exam was the 19th and this event was last wednesday, Lancaster is late anyway.

Interesting that your jelly didn't set, as mine was probably about 400ml vodka, 75ml water and the rest jelly!

Woodeye
2nd July 2007, 11:10

Try an absinthe watermelon. I tell you, that's something that you cannot forget.

millencolin
2nd July 2007, 12:03
vodka watermellon, vodka jelly.... sure they all good... but to me nothing beats putting things in vodka to fement...

Putting things like lollies such as heaps of redskins, chickos, strawberries and creams, raspberries, red frogs into vodka, leave it for a few weeks, watch them fement and taste the candy goodness!!

slinkster
2nd July 2007, 12:56
Vodka jelly is great stuff ... potent in my experience, but cool. :)

Erki
2nd July 2007, 16:40
First weird haircuts, then tattoos, now vodka jelly... I hope you won't find yourself one day sitting on the kerb, wearing holed coat with 50c in pocket. :)

No really, I'm your goodwill angel. :D :p :

MrJan
2nd July 2007, 19:04
I too found that vodka jelly was strong. It's weird because you eat your jelly and can't taste anything so you think it's rubbish. And then all of a sudden you've got your shirt off and are carrying a traffic cone. Good times :cheese: