PDA

View Full Version : Driver of The Race

race aficionado
1st July 2007, 23:40
Well no one has started this thread yet so here we go.

My driver of the race was Kimi.

Great start, mid and end of race.

:s mokin:

Valve Bounce
1st July 2007, 23:57
You have to PM a mod to establish a poll.

I vote Kimi. Did the hard yards with a bit more fuel than Massa and then got him and won the race.

Alonso close second - tried his very best to get some decent points after his gearbox packed up during quals. Would have gutted a lessor man.

truefan72
2nd July 2007, 00:02
In a decidedly unspectacular race, my vote goes to Alonso for providing, several exciting and daring overtaking moves.

Mifune
2nd July 2007, 00:17
hmmm close call, no one really stood out,

i`d have to say Kubica for exiting his last race in an ambulance and nearly getting on the podium in his return.

honorable mentions for button and raikkonen (even though i prefer to see massa win, as he seems to enjoy it more)

Hawkmoon
2nd July 2007, 00:22
Alonso was the most entertaining. His repeated attempts to pass Heidfeld were fun to watch but he really should have done more with the car he had.

I'd have to give the Driver of the Day to Button. He dragged that god awful Honda into the points with some quick and consistent driving with a heavy car.

akv89
2nd July 2007, 00:46
Heidfeld and Alonso :p :

stevie_gerrard
2nd July 2007, 01:48
Kimi just for me, ahead of Button who was outstanding (great to see him in the points again :D ) and alonso, who tried so hard to get that Mclaren up near the front, but it just didnt happen for him.

harvick#1
2nd July 2007, 03:38
Kubica, coming back from a broken leg to finish 4th, well done

Hawkmoon
2nd July 2007, 03:47
Kubica, coming back from a broken leg to finish 4th, well done

Umm.... I don't think he actually broke his leg. I'm pretty sure that all he had was a concussion. It was still a very good drive though. He showed no ill effects from the crash, put in his best ever qualifying result and nearly nabbed 3rd off Hamilton. So yeah, job well done I'd say.

Roamy
2nd July 2007, 04:51
Hey Race - I didn't even see it but I am going with you - Kimi

Ranger
2nd July 2007, 06:20
Umm.... I don't think he actually broke his leg. I'm pretty sure that all he had was a concussion.
That and a bit of a doozy ankle. He did well yesterday. :up:

pino
2nd July 2007, 06:22
Poll added and my vote goes to...Kubica :D

wmcot
2nd July 2007, 07:05
I had to go with Kimi as he showed once more what he is capable of (now can he repeat it through the rest of the season?)

I also enjoyed the Kubica/Hamilton brief on-track spat and the long-running Heidfeld/Alonso battles.

janneppi
2nd July 2007, 07:08
I'd go with Alonso, he was propably the only one giving 110% on the track, and sometimes off the track too. :p :

ArrowsFA1
2nd July 2007, 08:40
My vote went to Kubica for his best ever qualifying effort and impressive race pace. Button deserves an honourable mention too.

F1boat
2nd July 2007, 08:53
You have to PM a mod to establish a poll.

I vote Kimi. Did the hard yards with a bit more fuel than Massa and then got him and won the race.

Alonso close second - tried his very best to get some decent points after his gearbox packed up during quals. Would have gutted a lessor man.

I agree 100%.

Mifune
2nd July 2007, 10:08
Can`t understand why Alonsos getting props for a double world champion bringing the championship leading car home 7th from 10th after 2 of those in front of him removed each other.
a solid drive no doubt but far from the driver of the race, he just got a lot of screen time cos nothing was happening up front.

F1MAN2007
2nd July 2007, 11:59
I have to go for Alonso for giving more 100% of himself during the whole race and with a brilliant overtaking.

The second is Heidfeld for resisting on Alonso's attack and stayed ahead of him at the end of the race. I didn't know that he is such best driver?!

ioan
2nd July 2007, 11:59
Can`t understand why Alonsos getting props for a double world champion bringing the championship leading car home 7th from 10th after 2 of those in front of him removed each other.
a solid drive no doubt but far from the driver of the race, he just got a lot of screen time cos nothing was happening up front.

I was wondering about the same thing. Must have something to do with subjectivity.

Big Ben
2nd July 2007, 12:43
I voted for Alonso because he was the man that made this GP really interesting even if the result in the end didn't please me much

I'd love to vote for Kimi too but I can't... He did a great race... I think FM thought that "the driver that leads after the first lap wins the race" was some kind of rule :laugh:

Flat.tyres
2nd July 2007, 13:11
I was wondering about the same thing. Must have something to do with subjectivity.

I got lured into a false sense of security by you posting something that was pretty reasoned on another thread.

Please, inform us on the meaning of the word subjective in your dictionary as it must be different to mine.

A double world champion that suffers a failure in qualifying and then fights his ass off making up 3 points in the race is not worthy of mention?

so, ioan, who had a better race. Massa or Alonso. lets check your definition of the word subjective.

Did the driver in the fastest car who went back one place and fail to manage the backmarkers efficiently have a better race or the driver in the 2nd best car who fought to make up 3 spots and at least attempted to overtake people do better.

ioan
2nd July 2007, 14:04
I got lured into a false sense of security by you posting something that was pretty reasoned on another thread.

Please, inform us on the meaning of the word subjective in your dictionary as it must be different to mine.

A double world champion that suffers a failure in qualifying and then fights his ass off making up 3 points in the race is not worthy of mention?

so, ioan, who had a better race. Massa or Alonso. lets check your definition of the word subjective.

Did the driver in the fastest car who went back one place and fail to manage the backmarkers efficiently have a better race or the driver in the 2nd best car who fought to make up 3 spots and at least attempted to overtake people do better.

Alonos only made up 1 position by his own doing, Trulli and Kovalainen gifted him 2 places at the start. I mean only 1 position against slower cars, he's a WDC or a puppet?

You might want to see where Massa ended up after starting last in Oz and than ask who's the better one of them!

Flat.tyres
2nd July 2007, 14:18
Alonos only made up 1 position by his own doing, Trulli and Kovalainen gifted him 2 places at the start. I mean only 1 position against slower cars, he's a WDC or a puppet?

You might want to see where Massa ended up after starting last in Oz and than ask who's the better one of them!

c'mon, be subjective. if you want to compare apples with pairs, then I could say that Massa had easy overtakes in a much superiour car where Alonso didnt.

But, were talking about the last race. France. remember that one?

dont always duck the issue. Alonso fought like an Alley cat to get up to 7th and worked his guts out. he was on the ragged edge and provided us with some great viewing. This is what racing is all about.

massa just didn't shine really. He lost the lead to an equal car and Kimi looked much sharper.

ioan
2nd July 2007, 16:57
c'mon, be subjective. if you want to compare apples with pairs, then I could say that Massa had easy overtakes in a much superiour car where Alonso didnt.

But, were talking about the last race. France. remember that one?

dont always duck the issue. Alonso fought like an Alley cat to get up to 7th and worked his guts out. he was on the ragged edge and provided us with some great viewing. This is what racing is all about.

massa just didn't shine really. He lost the lead to an equal car and Kimi looked much sharper.

There's no use to lose any more time trying to discuss this.

Flat.tyres
2nd July 2007, 17:28

Is that your standard response when you know your talking rubbish?

it was a simple question. you love bashing drivers and yet run home when people ask you a straight question.

get real fella :rolleyes:

tstran17_88
2nd July 2007, 18:49
Kubica...no one expected it, especially coming off the wreck in Canada.

Crypt
2nd July 2007, 18:49
Kimi, sacked Massa by doing what Schumi did best. Well done Finn.

Ian McC
2nd July 2007, 19:48
Kimi gets my vote, with Kubica running a close second.

ojciec dyrektor
2nd July 2007, 20:45
Alonso gets my vote. Fernando and Nick were pair of the race. Kubica had good race too. Ferrari had strong performance, to bad they didn't fight with each other.

Donkey of the race: McLaren strategist and Trulli (from Toyota destroyer team).

akv89
2nd July 2007, 20:47
A vote for Heidfeld, for keeping a two-time WDC in a McLaren behind him for much of the race despite the back pains he's been going through.

longisland
3rd July 2007, 12:00
A vote for Heidfeld, for keeping a two-time WDC in a McLaren behind him for much of the race despite the back pains he's been going through.

Agreed. Alonso's move wouldn't stick in a tight race track like Montreal. I believed Alonso was counting on Hiedfeld to yield by pushing him off the track to the runoff. Nevertheless, it's still a good move considering Alonso knows his competitor well. I'd bet there would a collision or normally referred to as "racing incident" if this move were made on, say montoya. No puns intended. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/devil.gif

Big Ben
3rd July 2007, 13:22

well said... that should put him in his place! :laugh:

wmcot
3rd July 2007, 23:40
Perhaps we should have a poll for most entertaining driver of the race? In that case I'd vote for Albers - I though I'd seen everything up until THAT pitstop! :)

jens
4th July 2007, 13:26
I continue my tradition by not voting for the race winner, so as I have already mentioned in another thread, my vote goes to Kubica.

Valve Bounce
5th July 2007, 00:17
I continue my tradition by not voting for the race winner, so as I have already mentioned in another thread, my vote goes to Kubica.

......and we continue to be horrified by your tradition. :p :