PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire Race Thread

RaikkonenRules
1st July 2007, 20:55
Do we not have a thread for NASCAR races anymore :p :

I'm watching with Nascar.com's Leaderboard. Kurt Busch leading after 103 laps. David Reutimann, Jeremy Mayfield and Ward Burton are out of the race.

Jonesi
1st July 2007, 21:11
Just switching over from the ChampCar race. What happened to Blaney to drop him back?

e2mtt
1st July 2007, 22:12
Seems like there are only live racethread on the REALLY BIG RACES or something...

R. Mears
1st July 2007, 22:16
Hey guys hows Gordon doing?

Alexamateo
1st July 2007, 22:23

Jeff 2nd Robby 22nd lap 255 :D

R. Mears
1st July 2007, 22:25
Jeff 2nd Robby 22nd lap 255 :D
Cool!! Thanks!! ;)

e2mtt
1st July 2007, 22:33

Now with 35 to go, Jeff 3rd, Robby 12th.

dont_be_jack
1st July 2007, 22:52
Hamlin 1, J Gordon 2, Truex 3.

muggle not
1st July 2007, 23:49
Pretty good race for loudon. I will give it an 8 out of 10. hamlin is turning into a pretty good driver.

SmokeFan20
2nd July 2007, 04:06
I can't believe some people on the net are calling this race boring (well, mostly just COT haters finding any little thing they can to nit pick about the COT)
Sure, it wasn't the greatest race or most memorable race.
But the COT put on a better race at New Hampshire than the COY has, excluding the two 2005 races.
The way they are carrying on, this race was a single file parade without a close finish.
They need to get their eyes or brain checked, or they must have been dreaming of the infamous Sept 2000 NHIS race after it was mentioned during the broadcast.
I seen a bunch of passing for the lead and other positions out on the track and I saw a good close finish.

It's just a simple fact that some people still hate the COT and will find any little minuscule flaw they can so they have more ammo to complain about it.
"Waaa! This race sucked because of the evil COT! It wasn't wall to wall, side-by-side racing for all 300 laps so it was a boring parade with a boring finish! Boo COT! Bring back the current car! It never ever EVER put on a bad race!"

harvick#1
2nd July 2007, 04:06
Hamlin should have about 2-3 wins this year if not for his crew or bad Luck.

he was the class of the field at Martinsville, Phoenix, and Darlington

harvick#1
2nd July 2007, 04:08
Smoke I don't know about you but I loved the 2006 Fall race :p :

I wonder why :D

BobbyC
2nd July 2007, 04:27
Good finish with great action -- will have to get the video to see how it was because I was on my way tonight to the big Independence Day celebration I've attended for now 11 years straight!

Sparky1329
2nd July 2007, 05:48
I can't believe some people on the net are calling this race boring (well, mostly just COT haters finding any little thing they can to nit pick about the COT)
Sure, it wasn't the greatest race or most memorable race.
But the COT put on a better race at New Hampshire than the COY has, excluding the two 2005 races.
The way they are carrying on, this race was a single file parade without a close finish.
They need to get their eyes or brain checked, or they must have been dreaming of the infamous Sept 2000 NHIS race after it was mentioned during the broadcast.
I seen a bunch of passing for the lead and other positions out on the track and I saw a good close finish.

It's just a simple fact that some people still hate the COT and will find any little minuscule flaw they can so they have more ammo to complain about it.
"Waaa! This race sucked because of the evil COT! It wasn't wall to wall, side-by-side racing for all 300 laps so it was a boring parade with a boring finish! Boo COT! Bring back the current car! It never ever EVER put on a bad race!"

I don't know what or where you're reading but I thought it was a really good race for NHIS. And I think the COT is fugly.

blakebeatty
2nd July 2007, 16:17
Do we not have a thread for NASCAR races anymore :p :

I'm watching with Nascar.com's Leaderboard. Kurt Busch leading after 103 laps. David Reutimann, Jeremy Mayfield and Ward Burton are out of the race.

Try

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/cup/foxTrax

It is vastly superior to what NASCAR.com offers (unless you get TrackPass - which for some reason in Canada we can't. [Likely on account of the "Nazi" organization CRTC which aims to make sure that a certain % of all broadcast media in Canada is of Canadian origin {which is why we can't download TV shows on iTunes}])

wbcobrar
3rd July 2007, 02:10
I dont remember CoY successfully running a high line at Louden , but the CoT was . Is that good ? I dont know , but it did make for a good race .

SmokeFan20
3rd July 2007, 07:07
I dont remember CoY successfully running a high line at Louden , but the CoT was . Is that good ? I dont know , but it did make for a good race .

The same thing happened at Bristol.
Whenever the COY was used at Bristol, and a car got off the bottom groove, the car would get freight-trained by the cars on the bottom until it found an opening on the bottom.
But when the COT was used this spring at Bristol, and a car got off the bottom groove, the car could fight back and have a chance to gain it's position back and not be freight-trained like the COY.

So far I've been impressed with the racing the COT has put on this year.
The COT's least exciting races have still been more exciting than most of the COY races this season except for Daytona, Texas & Charlotte.

blakebeatty
3rd July 2007, 07:22
see the COT-midseason article posted today on NASCAR.com regarding competitiveness. I agree 100% that save for those three races, the COT races have been the best of the season.