PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter crash

skm
1st July 2007, 08:03
In Australia the story below is being reported, any talk of who might be involved?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A HELICOPTER carrying people involved in the French Formula One Grand Prix has crashed in central France killing three people and seriously injuring two, police and officials said.

The rented helicopter was ferrying people from the Magny-Cours racetrack, where the French Grand Prix takes place tonight, to their hotel when it crashed shortly after 10pm local time on Saturday night in the Raveau forest near the town Chariti-sur-Loire.

The injured were evacuated to a nearby hospital and an investigation was opened into the cause of the crash of the helicopter, which had five people on board.

Police have not disclosed the names of those killed or injured in the crash.

Dave B
1st July 2007, 11:36
Autosport are reporting that they were Bridgestone employees :(

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60377

Jona
1st July 2007, 15:35
noticed before the race Alonso had a black arm band on - perhaps something to do with this?

F1boat
1st July 2007, 15:49
Very sad :(

Dave B
1st July 2007, 17:58
Very strange that is wasn't mentioned whatsoever on the UK TV coverage, unless I missed it during one of my rants.

jso1985
1st July 2007, 20:53
:(

strange enough it wasn't also mentioned on Latin America TV coverage

truefan72
2nd July 2007, 00:22
sadly enough neither on fox tv here in the US

stevie_gerrard
2nd July 2007, 01:46
i only just found out about this, i can't believe i didnt hear about it before :( very sad news indeed :(

Erki
2nd July 2007, 16:59
noticed before the race Alonso had a black arm band on - perhaps something to do with this?

I read from another forum that it's thought that one of the killed ones was a friend of him...

And no mention in Estonian TV coverage either. :s And nothing on crash.net or motorsport.com either. :s Well if it's a secret then it's a secret, let it be then. :)

janneppi
2nd July 2007, 18:09
According to Finnish media, one of the dead was a marketing guy who was a friend of Alonso.

Nikki Katz
2nd July 2007, 18:11
I read this on several sites before the race, I'm not sure why it wasn't mentioned. Actually, they didn't even mention Viso until towards the end. Perhaps there was just too much else going on, but I remember when a chef of one of the teams died suddenly a few years ago (never did find out what happened there) they didn't even have champagne on the podium.