PDA

View Full Version : Mopeds

Erki
30th June 2007, 14:39
Or scooters, or rollers, or whatever you call them. I mean stuff like this:

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/4f0j00dGEtiMaBmzRTM/125cc-EEC-Moped-Scooter-SR-MS14B-.jpg

Don't you just HATE them? One thing is that every little ****er can ride them however they want and that they are too fast for pedestrian sidewalks and too slow for streets. The main thing that puts me off big big BIG TIME is how they sound. Those 50cc engines are just downright horrible sounding, and then some 17 year old chav thinks it's way cool to rev it to the limit. Go on, explode the engine! That's my dream...

Crapppp, I just thought I would have a little nap in peace and tranquility since nobody's home at last but then I hear two little muthaphuckas decide to take their mopeds out for a drag race.

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

PS: now if there were two proper superbikes out there, now that would be business. ;)

Daniel
30th June 2007, 14:56
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CarlMetro
1st July 2007, 03:32
I loved my moped, it gave me my first taste of freedom and the open road. I had one for almost two years before I took my bike test and went everywhere on it. But then I was a bit more sensible than some of the little sh1ts I see around the local towns who think they are invicible.

pino
1st July 2007, 06:47
I like them and love to drive them when I am in my sunny Italy :D

Captain VXR
1st July 2007, 11:03
I hate it when you see some chavs thinking they're big riding their moped and trial bikes (often unregistered) around making a noise worse than a chav car's wet fart

Stuartf12007
1st July 2007, 15:05
I think they should be banned, they cause noise pollution.

I would like to knock the riders off.

Daniel
1st July 2007, 16:49
I would love to shove you off a cliff. But not all of us can have our wish.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st July 2007, 17:12
I think that when they are restricted to 30mph they are a danger to themselves and other road users. People get held up by them on faster roads then make rash overtaking maneuvers.

Stuartf12007
1st July 2007, 21:08
I think that when they are restricted to 30mph they are a danger to themselves and other road users. People get held up by them on faster roads then make rash overtaking maneuvers.

I agree. too many moped riders drive irresponsibly.

CarlMetro
1st July 2007, 23:09
I would love to shove you off a cliff. But not all of us can have our wish.

You're not alone in that :D

fandango
1st July 2007, 23:13
In order to boost flagging sales for 2-wheeled vehicles the Spanish government made it legal for anyone with a normal car licence for 2-3 years to ride up to a 125cc bike. The result? Surprise, surprise, accident numbers have shot up.

Sometimes it's terrifying on the streets of Barcelona, because the unwritten rules of how much space you have have been thrown out the window. I often find I have a scooter either side of me in the same lane, leaving me with nowhere to go, and the number of near misses has gone up a lot. Women in their 20s tend to be the worst. They have a sort of "I'll just close my eyes and hopefully won't bother anyone" style which really has only a very short future.

GARYGAZZA
9th July 2007, 23:34
Scooter boys are total brainless morons.It makes me shudder to think that one day they could be at the helm of more powerful bikes or even cars.Thats if they dont kill themselves first.

AndyRAC
10th July 2007, 08:34
The 16-17 y-o are the most annoying, the majority have no road sense, even if they have completed a CBT. Actually don't mind the noise, only because I loved the 500cc GP bikes, and am a 2 stroke fan.
Going slightly off thread, how come there are never adverts on TV for bikes? Always amazed me, Honda always advertise their cars, but can't recall an advert for the Fireblade. Anybody know why?

Mark
10th July 2007, 08:53
The 16-17 y-o are the most annoying, the majority have no road sense, even if they have completed a CBT. Actually don't mind the noise, only because I loved the 500cc GP bikes, and am a 2 stroke fan.
Going slightly off thread, how come there are never adverts on TV for bikes? Always amazed me, Honda always advertise their cars, but can't recall an advert for the Fireblade. Anybody know why?

I can. It went something like "Own the racetrack", but the only place I saw it was on Eurosport during the CART (as was) coverage.

Donney
10th July 2007, 10:50
I don't hate them at all although I think they all should have their noise levels checked.