PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone weather

Dave B
30th June 2007, 14:30
As we say goodbye to the wettest June on record in parts of the UK, it seems like Silverstone next week will be equally crappy.

According to Metcheck (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp) it's going to be a very wet one:

gridwalk.co.uk
30th June 2007, 14:58
As we say goodbye to the wettest June on record in parts of the UK, it seems like Silverstone next week will be equally crappy.

According to Metcheck (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp) it's going to be a very wet one:

yeah not looking good for those going in tents :(
i have my wellies on standby i have a feeling Litchlake will be a muddy mess!

Ian McC
30th June 2007, 16:24
Crap :mad:

rohanweb
30th June 2007, 20:11
seems there will be interesting results at silverstone next week..
ie: Spyker's or Super aguri's in for a win.. any chance?

Hazell B
30th June 2007, 20:23
Was at Silverstone once in heavy rain.
The drains smelled even worse and that wretched tunnel flooded :s

ioan
1st July 2007, 09:44

Good news for those watching the race on TV! :)

SteveA
1st July 2007, 10:56
Well, forecasts for that far ahead (even Metcheck's!) are usually wrong. If they're still saying that on Thursday then waterproof clothing may be the order of the day.

GridGirl
1st July 2007, 22:14
Dont say that! I've just found out we might be abale to take a generator to our campsite! I was looking forward to the possibility of having a hair dryer and straightners. Don't want no horrible rain to come down ruin everything. :(

BBC weather have Silverstone being sunny and cloudy on Friday. :)

Dave B
3rd July 2007, 19:35
Well Metcheck are sticking to their "miserable" forecast:

ojciec dyrektor
3rd July 2007, 21:17
It can't be better. Weekend, alcohol, F1 in rain. :D

Dave B
3rd July 2007, 21:21
Urgh. How much did I compress that jpeg? :s

ioan
3rd July 2007, 22:45
Urgh. How much did I compress that jpeg? :s

It's still readable! ;)

VkmSpouge
3rd July 2007, 23:12
The British Grand Prix is taking place at the same time as Wimbledon. Of course its going to rain :D

Valve Bounce
4th July 2007, 00:17
I just looked at that jpeg; it's going to be bloody cold too. I just wonder how the tyres will perform. Does anyone know th erules regarding how many sets of different wet tyres (like soft soft and super soft soft) they must use for the race?

Mark
4th July 2007, 08:26
As I understand it, wet tyres are unlimited.

Speedworx
4th July 2007, 08:30
WE WANT RAIN!
WE WANT RAIN!

Be good to have a wet race.

CarlMetro
4th July 2007, 08:56
BBC weather has it as sunny on Sunday, but qualifying could be interesting ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838&links

GridGirl
4th July 2007, 08:59
Last time it was a wet race at Silverstone Massa span off about 3 or 4 times. Lets hope for all the Ferrari fans thats he's improved a little sinse then.

The last fully wet race at Silverstone was '98 where the rain was so bad they bought the safety car out and Schumacher won in the pitlane.

It could be an interesting race. It looks to be a dry race at the moment, but everytime I look at the forecast its different.

Flat.tyres
4th July 2007, 09:09
The British Grand Prix is taking place at the same time as Wimbledon. Of course its going to rain :D

theres only so much rain to go around. it would be greedy to have both :D

Should get an accurate prediction this evening or tomorrow morning.

ready2rock
4th July 2007, 10:25
http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX1916?x=0&post=post&code=code&y=0

looks ok for sunday, could have some interesting qualifying though

ShiftingGears
4th July 2007, 10:32
Rain please!

We don't want a repeat of last years British grand prix!

Flat.tyres
4th July 2007, 11:50
Pretty warm and muggy with light southerly wind with 25% chance of showers. not likely to be prolonged rain and currently expecting the %age to lessen over time.

Valve Bounce
4th July 2007, 13:39
http://www.sportssystems.com/applib/PDFload.cfm?file=/email/filehost/FJ186.pdf&id=BC186FJWF2606

Flat.tyres
4th July 2007, 14:17
http://www.sportssystems.com/applib/PDFload.cfm?file=/email/filehost/FJ186.pdf&id=BC186FJWF2606

probably more accurate than my man :D

GridGirl
5th July 2007, 13:47
Rang my other half to see where he was as he's driving down to Silverstone this morning. He was on the A43, anyway although I know where our campsite is I thought I'd best get directions just incase. Looked it up on the sites website and there's a big announcement saing that they've had to put an alternate vehicle entrance into the site and if possible dont arrive till tomorrow. They say the situation will improve if there is no more significant rain.

Its going to be interesting camping this weekend I think. Lovely.

GridGirl
5th July 2007, 13:56
Actually he rang me back. The site we're were booked on wont take caravans and we didn't bothere bring the tent, now we're at what sounds like a horrible site. Cant wait till monday already and I'm not setting off to meet them till I finnish work at 5.30. Silverstone in July...Grrrrrr...

Flat.tyres
5th July 2007, 14:22
Actually he rang me back. The site we're were booked on wont take caravans and we didn't bothere bring the tent, now we're at what sounds like a horrible site. Cant wait till monday already and I'm not setting off to meet them till I finnish work at 5.30. Silverstone in July...Grrrrrr...

well, saturday should be fine and some showers Sunday but at the moment, it looks like the weather may worsten as the day goes on. silverstone is a nightmare for the weather gurus as it seems to have a mind of its own.

my friend says that you should pack a bikini, wooley pullover, wellies, sun hat a brolly and sun lotion if that helps. he didn't say anything about ski's ;)

Valve Bounce
5th July 2007, 14:45

Hope you and your better half have those new fangled mobile phones with GPS. Anyway, my first ever GP was at Silverstone with my brother, so I hope you have a fine time there, even if it rains. Hope you get a great race and see Lewis Hamilton win. There!! I don't really hate Poms!! see!!

GridGirl
5th July 2007, 15:30
This is my 10th British GP in a row and something like my 18th GP altogether. Believe me I know about Silverstone weather. Ive been there in the blazing heat, torrential rain, sleet, fog, everything over the years. I was just wanting my nice campsite that booked months ago with proper facilities rather than some mud fest god know where that my partner and ghis mates have picked.

Flat.tyres
6th July 2007, 10:17
Pretty warm and muggy with light southerly wind with 25% chance of showers. not likely to be prolonged rain and currently expecting the %age to lessen over time.

update. %age lessening to 10% of showers during race and likely to stay. positive outlook for a dry race.

Valve Bounce
7th July 2007, 02:50
We got dry race - I have a special long range prediction plan. Trust Me!! :(

Ian McC
9th July 2007, 15:46
Nice weather after all that, managed to get a bit of a tan as well :D

GridGirl
9th July 2007, 16:34
An actual tan, or were you one of the many red people I saw? Some friends of mine forgot the suncream and ended up with sunstoke on Saturday. it was hotter on Sunday. Doh.

Ian McC
9th July 2007, 17:58
An actual tan, or were you one of the many red people I saw? Some friends of mine forgot the suncream and ended up with sunstoke on Saturday. it was hotter on Sunday. Doh.

I had prepared for all sorts of weather so the suncream came as well ;)