PDA

View Full Version : Dosh Spice

oily oaf
29th June 2007, 05:01
Girl power is BACK!
I swear by the steamed up facemask of Lloyd Bridges that I will burn face up the first man or woman jack amongst you to suggest that the Fab Five's triumphant return is not an altruistic attempt by the girls to "reinvent themselves" and "say a last goodbye to our fans" and is merely born out of the mouthwatering prospect of trousering 20 million big ones apiece.

(lights pipe, dons industrial strength ear defenders, places cat in Union Jack mini dress, puts "Spice World" on CD player and starts to caper round living room)
"Shake it to the left, if you're having a good time.
Shake it to the right.......etc"

bowler
29th June 2007, 06:51
no doubt that money is the motive, rather than music.

oily oaf
29th June 2007, 07:14

Burn him! Ban him! Bury him!.............feet first :mad:

Erki
29th June 2007, 08:22
I just saw some promo pictures on BBC website... gotta feel for Dave B. :eek:

Dave B
29th June 2007, 09:22
You can feel for anytime, Erki :p

Ziga-zig-ah.

millencolin
29th June 2007, 09:59
since when were the spice girls about the music? i regret they ar coming back, many primary school nightmares came from these hideous songs

CarlMetro
29th June 2007, 10:24
Most requested song at the school prom I did last night? Wannabe - Spice Girls :s Considering that it was released in 1996 it meant that nobody who asked for it last night was older than six when it was released.

Personally I think, like so many of the comeback bands, that they're doing the music industry and the buying public a bit of a favour in giving us something decent to listen to instead of some of the crap that's around today.

I must be getting old :\

schmenke
29th June 2007, 14:35
Tsk, I'm most disappointed in hearing that no Canadian shows are planned :mark: .

Flat.tyres
29th June 2007, 15:01

music? I thought we were talking about the spice girls.

why have I got the rather worrying picture in my head of an 18 stone Oily, dressed in a size 12 Union Jack dress, prancing round his living room singing "I'll tell you what I want" at the top of his voice.

i saw a piccy of scarey yesterday. she looks quite nice now :D

janneppi
29th June 2007, 16:20

why have I got the rather worrying picture in my head of an 18 stone Oily, dressed in a size 12 Union Jack dress, prancing round his living room singing "I'll tell you what I want" at the top of his voice.

Is it Oily Spice or Old spice then?

oily oaf
29th June 2007, 17:09

i saw a piccy of scarey yesterday. she looks quite nice now :D

I'll tell ya what FT. I saw Sporty at Brands last year and she was as fit as a butcher's dog. Hubba Hubba Pass me rubber :D

Janneppi. Don't take the piss mate ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
29th June 2007, 17:10
Girl power is BACK!
I swear by the steamed up facemask of Lloyd Bridges that I will burn face up the first man or woman jack amongst you to suggest that the Fab Five's triumphant return is not an altruistic attempt by the girls to "reinvent themselves" and "say a last goodbye to our fans" and is merely born out of the mouthwatering prospect of trousering 20 million big ones apiece.

(lights pipe, dons industrial strength ear defenders, places cat in Union Jack mini dress, puts "Spice World" on CD player and starts to caper round living room)
"Shake it to the left, if you're having a good time.
Shake it to the right.......etc"

Oily stating a thread about the Spice Girls? :confused: Now there is something I thought that I would never see.

Quite frankly, I find it disturbing/disgusting :mad:

oily oaf
29th June 2007, 17:21
Oily stating a thread about the Spice Girls? :confused: Now there is something I thought that I would never see.

Quite frankly, I find it disturbing/disgusting :mad:

Calm down Brownie for Gawd's sake.
Just imagine 'em togged out in skimpy ladies tennis clobber spanking your bottie with a tightly strung raquet.
Better now? :D

Brown, Jon Brow
29th June 2007, 17:29
Just imagine 'em togged out in skimpy ladies tennis clobber spanking your bottie with a tightly strung raquet.

Oh great!!!! :evil: Thanks Oily!

Now my computer mouse and keyboard are all sticky!! :mad:

:o

Flat.tyres
29th June 2007, 17:31

my Mum warned me about people like you. Nice to finally meet one :D

jim mcglinchey
29th June 2007, 19:22
There was a story about this on the radio during the week, and they were saying that to pre record the vocals for the concerts ( shock- horror I thought that the girls sang live ) it was not good enough to use conventional recording techniques and that they were going to have to use a fecking ICBM super computer to help.......says it all really.

Hazell B
29th June 2007, 20:21
Wannabe - Spice Girls :s

That was number one when the best thing ever, ever happened to me 11 years ago. Doesn't mean I like the song, obviously :p :

I would have thought if they were going for the money (which one of them at least doesn't need anyway) they would have started with a 20 plus date UK only tour and added another 20 worldwide dates when that sold out. Maybe I don't know the record industry, but isn't that far more profitable than just a few worldwide dates in the cold months?

Wonder who'll reform next?
Tony Hadley's been trying to get his boys back together over the past year or so, I hear ;)

millencolin
30th June 2007, 04:39
Personally I think, like so many of the comeback bands, that they're doing the music industry and the buying public a bit of a favour in giving us something decent to listen to instead of some of the crap that's around today.

I must be getting old :\

mate your just not looking deep enough. look beyond MTV and there is god quality stuff out there

oily oaf
30th June 2007, 07:01
He's got a point mate.
I mean to say are you COMPLETELY unaware of the existence of Lulu? :mad:

oily oaf
30th June 2007, 07:02
Or Lonnie Donegan for that matter :mad:

Ian McC
30th June 2007, 13:03
Getting tickets to see them then Oliy?

oily oaf
30th June 2007, 14:58
Getting tickets to see them then Oliy?

No need Mac I'm Emma Bunton's personal masseur and shower attendant. And don't call me Oliy (fume)

Hazell B
30th June 2007, 20:13
Are you really and honestly Emma Bunton's personal masseur, or is that a tiny wee fib?

C'mon Oliy, tell us the truth.
It's Ginger you work for, isn't it? :p :

Bezza
1st July 2007, 19:10

Decent? :confused:

I won't be hiring you Carl!

Hazell B
1st July 2007, 19:33
Keith Allen's already booked Carl for his daughter's wedding Bez.

Looks like you're stuck with him then :p :

Bezza
1st July 2007, 19:51
Fair enough, I can put up with Spice Girls if I'm marrying Lily ;)

Hazell B
1st July 2007, 19:59
Fair enough, I can put up with Spice Girls if I'm marrying Lily ;)

It might not be that bad, Carl's only filling in between the live sets.

Chris DeBurg (how do you spell him?)
S Club 7 Reunion
Bros
and Guests.

And I'm doing the cake :p :

Bezza
1st July 2007, 20:26
Painful set list there, but I'll do anything for Lily. You good at cakes? :cheese:

Hazell B
1st July 2007, 22:13
You good at cakes? :cheese:

No.
Not to worry though, Oily's going to ice it and we're neither of us washing our hands first. :)

Eki
1st July 2007, 22:15
No.
Not to worry though, Oily's going to ice it and we're neither of us washing our hands first. :)
So the dark brown stuff on the cake isn't chocolate?

Hazell B
1st July 2007, 22:52
Hardly ever.

CarlMetro
2nd July 2007, 00:19
Decent? :confused:

I don't mean the Spice Girls when I say that, but other acts like Genesis and The Police.

I won't be hiring you Carl!

Oh no, my life is over, how will I sleep at night now? :rolleyes:

Bezza
3rd July 2007, 21:59
Oh no, my life is over, how will I sleep at night now? :rolleyes:

Bloody hell it was a joke! Now I certainly won't be hiring you as you clearly won't be providing comical banter in between songs.

koppite_rob
3rd July 2007, 22:34
It's Ginger you work for, isn't it? :p :

Ginger always worked for me ;)

Not sure if I'm going to get a ticket.
I was so disappointed with the New Kids On The Block reunion,not sure if I could take the pain again.

Now Girls Aloud on the other hand :D

Hazell B
3rd July 2007, 23:31
.... not sure if I could take the pain again.

Stop blubbing and be a man!

Now Girls Aloud on the other hand :D

Oh, you are being :p :