fatman
29th June 2007, 06:05
i like it

leopard
29th June 2007, 06:32
My doughtier like it much

osg
29th June 2007, 08:44
It's a mish mosh of colour isn't it???? Makes me dizzy looking at it....... looks quite cool though.

jim mcglinchey
29th June 2007, 09:50
"Technicolour yawn" springs to mind..Id quite like one of those litle cars though.

Ranger
29th June 2007, 10:31
Yeah its different. As long as its just for one race it is good. Genius marketing strategy though!

leopard
29th June 2007, 10:51
We have to admit that Yamaha usually has more creativity, although this year Rossi is no longer constantly dominant over everyone.

I want Ducati and Stoner team to explore more creativity as such.

NinjaMaster
2nd July 2007, 07:08
Looks like a 4-year-old designed it. Absolute dogs breakfast in my opinion. The worst design I have seen for a long time, possibly ever. That one should be banished as soon as they can.

MrJan
2nd July 2007, 19:56
Did care one way or the other (will be gone next race) but apparently FIAT have something in their contract which lets them have several of these different schemes. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

jonny hurlock
2nd July 2007, 22:51
Looks like a 4-year-old designed it. Absolute dogs breakfast in my opinion. The worst design I have seen for a long time, possibly ever. That one should be banished as soon as they can.

could be worse, remember the 2003 repsol valensia 70's livery

http://motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?S=MOTOGP&E=Valencia_GP/Sunday_race_MotoGP&Y=2003&O=48

between the fiat and the repsol, repsol one is fair worse than the fiat assen livery

tha_jackal
3rd July 2007, 02:15

I reffered to it as 'looking like dog sh*t' on another forum, someone rightfully asked what id been feeding my dog.. I explained i was simply being metophorical.. Dog sh*t being unattractive and all :p

Oh and that retro Repsol livery is far more attractive than the FIAT mess, still not great though...

leopard
3rd July 2007, 04:38
Yamaha Fiat Assen has no concept what will they are going to materialize with that color, weak character, better still Rossi was fantastically riding that bike and won.

Mecca of Speed
15th July 2007, 05:24
Did they hire the Partridge Family?

ChrisS
15th July 2007, 10:37
I think the Repsol Austin Powers Honda looked great, the Yamaha wasnt that great but its nice looking

leopard
17th July 2007, 11:33
nice looking, off beat saying so :)

maxu05
17th July 2007, 14:07
I wonder if Yamaha will have a special livery for the USGP, as they have in the past. I like the traditional Yamaha war paint personally, and hope they race in these colours.

ChrisS
17th July 2007, 14:38
for the past few seasons Yamaha was not allowed to have a tobacco sponsor (strange US laws allow tobacco to sponsor one team in a US series) so thats part of the reason Yamaha changed its US livery

This year that wont be a problem, still they may choose to use a new livery

Dr. Gellar
18th July 2007, 03:43
Personally, I liked the livery they used at Assen. It may be gaudy, but it is much more inspiring than the bland livery they use as standard. If I was FIAT, I'd want something like the Assen livery on the bikes all the time.

ChrisS
20th July 2007, 10:17
Colin will be riding a special stars and stripes livery once again this year
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/view/351572.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/view/351579.jpg

looks nice

leopard
20th July 2007, 11:47
Just fine, as long as they didn't get rid the sponsors at all and replace them with map of the world.

They can't go away from colors like blue, white as main color and in combination with black and red.

I haven't seen yet bike using color dark green, darker than kawasaki, like last Jaguar F1. Will it fit for bike? I see Jeff Gordon wear pack (Nascar) was approaching this color at Chicagoland.

jonny hurlock
21st July 2007, 16:29
like edwards leguna livery alright, maybe even better than the current fiat livery

Allyc85
21st July 2007, 17:00
thats class, waaaay better than the actual livery they ave right now.

maxu05
22nd July 2007, 04:34
I like the livery as well, very nice :up: Speaking of liveries, I have watched many races over the years, (both 2 and 4 wheels), and I have seen awards given to the best livery on the day. I would love to see a best livery award for the bikes awarded before the sighting lap. I think that would be cool, and a great chance for the team sponsors to get their bikes in full view of the cameras. How about, from next round, we vote for our #1 livery. You choose one livery only, and see which livery is the favourite. I will start the thread after Friday practice for the next race, as we must see what they look like on the day to be fair. What do you think ?

leopard
23rd July 2007, 05:12
Great idea, the only thing I can suggest the voter please don't get biased the best livery and the new livery.

Humanly we will get bored on something appears very often although it was great, and considering the new one is better.

Assen Yamaha livery some have said better, and Laguna was better than that was better :confused: :)

Similarly, if anyone care to talk about sponsorship would be fine. I have been hoping this kind of thread to be floating around all the life, because it will change almost in every season, and always interesting to talk. For those have been familiar with the said sponsors is invited to advise all member what service or product they actually are?

One of important thing of Motogp future is determined by sponsorship.

Dr. Gellar
24th July 2007, 07:58
Colin will be riding a special stars and stripes livery once again this year
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/view/351572.jpg
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/view/351579.jpg

looks nice

Colin's "Texas Tornado" Fiat livery looked great! Too bad it didn't help him place better in the race. Bummer...I was hoping he'd at least be in the top five.

Nonetheless...his special livery looked SWEET!!

larantuka
24th July 2007, 10:12
yeah SWEET...like candy :bounce: