PDA

View Full Version : Dyson to race two Porsche RS's in 2007

grassrootsracer
18th December 2006, 17:22
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56059

Sleeper
18th December 2006, 17:37
Penske suddenly have serious competition. :cool:

I wonder what the team will do with their pair of Lola's now?

grassrootsracer
18th December 2006, 18:05
Maybe sell them to a wealthy privateer gentleman of sorts. P2 is where it's at for next year.

Dyson Racing 2 Porsche RS Spyders
Penske Motorsports 2 Porsche RS Spyders
Andretti Green Racing 1 Courage LC75/Acura
Highcroft Racing 1 Courage LC75-Acura
Lowe's Fernandez Racing 1 Lola B05/40-Acura
Intersport Racing 1 Lola B05/40-AER

And possibly:
B-K Motorsports 1 Courage LC75-Mazda?
There haven't been any announcements from them and their website is "under construction". I guessed with the chassis as it's the latest Courage P2 chassis available. I'd like to see them with their rotary back in action.

Van Der Steur Racing 1 Radical SR9-AER
They only received their Radical right before Petit, so I imagine they'll be returning next season to put it to more use.

Miracle Motorsports 1 Courage LC75-AER?
Once again, this is a guess on the chassis. I haven't seen much news about them since Le Mans. They were concentrating on only the endurance races in 2006, though.

Plato 4 Title
18th December 2006, 19:17
anychance of any of the four porches making it to the le mans 24 hours next june? just maybe they could upset the audis although probably not with all the restrictions emplaced on lmp2's, but maybe...!!

trumperZ06
18th December 2006, 19:49
;) Chance of Porsche running LMP2's @ Le Mans...

Slim & None.

Le Mans is a high speed/high horsepower track, clearly favoring the LMP1 Audi's.

Porsche is still not satisified with the reliability of the Porsche LMP2 cars... 24 hours is a Long Time.

Glad to see Dyson running Porsches now. LMP2 and GT-2 will be the cars to watch.

:s mokin:

Subaru WRX
18th December 2006, 20:28
I think both Dyson and Penske will not be at Le Mans in 2007 as each year the Dyson team rufuse any invitation from the ACO !

the P2 will be great next year and hope that these Porsche Evo can compete angainst the Champion Audis for the "Overall" win

bennybigb
19th December 2006, 05:36
Won't this pretty much kill the LMP1 class in America? Many of the races only had the Dyson P1 cars racing against the all mighty Audis, now there will be no cars racing against the Audis.

This is IMSA 1993 all over again....

harvick#1
19th December 2006, 06:02
Porsche is still not satisified with the reliability of the Porsche LMP2 cars... 24 hours is a Long Time.

and WR lasts what about 5 hours max. at LeMans with their P2 car

grassrootsracer
19th December 2006, 15:06
Won't this pretty much kill the LMP1 class in America? Many of the races only had the Dyson P1 cars racing against the all mighty Audis, now there will be no cars racing against the Audis.

This is IMSA 1993 all over again....

Read this:
http://www.the-paddock.net/content/view/240943/49/
According to Scott Atherton, we should see the following cars in LMP1:

Audi 2 R10's
Autocon Motorsports 1 Lola EX257-AER
Creation Autosportif 1 Creation CA06/H01-Judd
Zytek Engineering 1 Zytek 06S-Zytek

Possible entries:
Dyson Racing's two former Lola B06/10-AER's

Observer7
20th December 2006, 07:20
;) Chance of Porsche running LMP2's @ Le Mans...

Slim & None.

I am quite sure that we will see two Porsche RS Spyder at the 24h of Le Mans in 2007.

Maybe not via one of the US-american teams, but via a European one which will be racing also in LMS.

O7

racefanfromnj
22nd December 2006, 00:48
sooo '07 will be an R10 parade with fewer cars to get in their way? The Zytek shows promise , but who has what is needed to outrun the Audis?

FormerFF
22nd December 2006, 02:47
Both the Zytek and the Creation were quite quick at the Petit LeMans. I would say that both teams have the potential to win races.

harvick#1
22nd December 2006, 02:50
but I don't believe Zytek or Creation will run the full calendar in ALMS next year. so if Audi leaves, P1 will be almost completely gone

Subaru WRX
23rd December 2006, 15:29
completely with you on this point ! its a shame that the ALMS will have only the 2 Autocon Lolas that they arent in the ACO regulations now !!!

racefanfromnj
23rd December 2006, 20:38
Now all that is needed is for ALMS to get some interest from some one to go up against the Audis.Acura has upped the interest in P2 with Dysons help going to the RS's

harvick#1
23rd December 2006, 20:52
Porsche and Acura would need to join P1 soon then and keep P2 as a privateer class. by the end of the the year, Intersport could fold because they will be no where near as competitive with Acura and Porsche, and now that Porsche cars are becoming more reliable and Dyson coming in, Intersport and even B-K motorsports could struggle to even keep pace with the big guns and may have to leave

Sleeper
23rd December 2006, 21:31
The only Acura thats going to be competative is the Fernandez, the Courage has proven to be a much slower chassis than the Lola so Andretti Green and Highcroft wont be that competitive against Intersport Dyson and Penske.

harvick#1
23rd December 2006, 21:37
the Courage LC70 chassis was in its first year last year. I'm sure that it will be alot better this year and with factory support from Acura, it could fight with the Lolas and Porsches

Subaru WRX
23rd December 2006, 21:42
sorry but in LMS the Courage, done a very good season with an overall poduim at Istanbul if I am correct ! and Barazi Epsilon was the P2 champion there ahead of the RML MG/Lola

so wait and see, for the Courages/Acuras in 2007

harvick#1
23rd December 2006, 21:53
but RML has had the Lola for awhile now, they know what it can do, the Courage LC70 was in its first year and a car is not just going to come out of firing, except for the R8 or R10.

Sleeper
24th December 2006, 11:41
The LC70 is the LMP1 car, I was on about the LC75, which looks to be basically an update on the C65. During the LMS it was not on the same sort of pace as the Radical and Lola, despite that Belomono was running it, an they are a decent team. The Courages in P2 seem to only get the results when the faster cars brakedown. I cant emembre how the Courage fared in the ALMS this year whilst it was running, but certainly wasnt a match for the Penske's and Intersport cars. RML, ASM and, to an extent, Intersport have all proven that the Lola is a very fast car and Rollcentre have done the same with the Radical. These are the two customer cars hat I expect to be challenging the Porsche.

harvick#1
24th December 2006, 18:03
Porsche killed Intersport, Intersport was way off pace from Porsche last year and they only won the class when the Porsches brokedown. RML has been a much better team with the Lola than Intersport was. but Clint Field is also young and inexprienced, while I believe Liz won't be returning to the team.

I'm also interested in how good the Dome Chassis will run in P2 next year

Sleeper
26th December 2006, 18:41
Dome are staying in P1, with Jan Lammers Racing For Holland staying as the works team.

As for Intersport, true they werent on the pace of the Porsches, but they didnt exactly have top drivers and they were still faster than the Courages when they turned up.

harvick#1
26th December 2006, 18:56
t2m-motorsport will drive a Dome in P2 in the LMS

http://www.t2m-motorsport.com/main_n.htm

Mark in Oshawa
31st December 2006, 09:10
p1 is dead if Dyson goes to p2. Within a year, the prototype class will be what we call P2's now. I think a major rethink must be made on what the ACO and ALMS/LMS want for a sustainable prototype class. I think the p2 cars are fine, but having a few Audi's pounding around by themselves isn't going to keep Audi happy. I think one competitive class for Prototypes in the end make more sense, but I have my doubts how it will all shake out.

It used to be p1 was the most fun and p2 was for privateers who couldn't cut it with the big teams. Now p2 is going to be the most competitive class. After watching the Porsches storm around just a tick or two behind the R10's at Mosport last summer, I can say the racing just maybe BETTER this year....

Subaru WRX
1st January 2007, 11:39
not only P1 but also GT1, they are in serious danger of falling, at least the P2 will have a great year in 2007, with 4 porsches against 3 new acuras

Mark in Oshawa
4th January 2007, 20:35
Subaru, how you figure GT1 is dead? Pratt and Miller are not going anywhere, neither are the Aston's. Will the Ford GT make an appearance? Will privateer Ferrari's show up? Will someone give the Viper the rules changes they need to be competitive? GT1 could be better, but the moves up in Prototype land will not change GT-1.

Sleeper
6th January 2007, 00:58
Have Chevrolet decided to stay in the ALMS rather than move to the LMS then? I knew they were considering it as they werent happy with the constant rule changes and were waiting to see how this years rules would look before comiting beyond Sebring (which I'm guessing was a foregone conclusion on entry).

And the little I've heard of the Dorans Ford GT project suggests that it could be aimed at GT3 rather than 1.