PDA

View Full Version : Fi videos in YouTube

race aficionado
28th June 2007, 16:50
Well, my YouTube account has been permanently supended.
I've been notifies twice this month that F1 had ordered my videos taken down because of copyright infringement. The videos in question were the first corner @ Indi and the other video was one I also used in a F1 forum thrad where LH was battling FA for the lead.

bummer!!!!

I have written back asking to be reinstated because I also use YouTube to put personal videos on line. I also promised to be a good boy and not post anymore F1 videos.

I also post NASCR videos of my man Juan and it has never been a problem.

Why does F1 do this????
We've discussed this before and my point of contention is that showing those videos can only be good for F1 because it gives us fans a chance to share and discuss.

oh well . . . .

let's see what they answer back. :dozey:

:s mokin:

Dave B
28th June 2007, 17:38
Much as I sympathise, F1 footage is copyright and the rights holder has every right to dictate how it's distributed. Since YouTube got taken over they're trying to be careful about not getting sued. If you've ignored warnings from YouTube you can't really blame them for suspending your account.

Surely it's a doddle to re-register, though, and be more selective what you upload?

race aficionado
28th June 2007, 18:01
I agree Dave, they have the right and I have been asked to be reinstated promosing to be a good boy.
I appreciate the service they offer and I use if for other video (personal) dfistribution.

DonnieDarco
28th June 2007, 20:53
Race, I never would have thought you'd manage to get yourself banned or suspended from anywhere!! I'm shocked, I really am ;) :D

race aficionado
28th June 2007, 20:58
yeah . . . it cought me by surprise too Donnie.

. . . . . and by the way, life is good after Juan's win at Sonoma, huh? :D

and back to topic, I do hope to get reinstated by those YouTube guys and I also hope that Bernie and company would stop being so tight butted about their fun to share video clips.

Storm
29th June 2007, 00:21
. . . . . and by the way, life is good after Juan's win at Sonoma, huh? :D

:D indeed...I may even try and catch the next ZZZoval races now since I managed to watch that Sonoma win :)

Drew
29th June 2007, 00:24
Seņor Race v Bernie.

Did you ever think you'd win? :p :

race aficionado
29th June 2007, 00:30
I got KO'd

veeten
29th June 2007, 01:01
race, you should know better... :o

that's the reason why those disclaimers are there during sporting events.

Remember ... " ... any replaying or rebroadcast of said sporting event without the expressed written consent is prohibited." :)