PDA

View Full Version : Brookes joins Stiggy WSS

tha_jackal
28th June 2007, 12:59
from crash.net:-

Brookes left Alto Evolution Honda shortly after the team withdrew, it says temporarily, from the championship due to a bizarre series of events that included the alleged hijacking of the team's truck and then loss of access to race equipment due to subsequent legal action. Brookes will be replacing Frenchman Yoann Tiberio, who has been having a difficult season with the Stiggy team.

"I just can't tell you how happy I am to be joining the Stiggy Motorsport Honda team," enthused Brookes, who had partnered former WSS champion Karl Muggeridge at Alto Evolution. "Even without the events leading to Alto and I parting ways, to be offered a ride with Stiggy on the 600RR is a dream come true. Now, it just makes it sweeter still. I wanted to ride for Stiggy in 2006, but we couldn't get it together, so I had to pick up a ride where I could. At the time, I had no other options if I wanted to ride in the world championship, but it meant that things were never going to be easy.

"Stiggy Motorsport Honda is the type of team any rider would dream to ride for. Johan Stigefelt is a racer himself, so he knows how to make a team successful and prepare a fast bike. The 600RR is a real weapon, and the team has already had top three results this year, so I know the bike is fast. I love the CBR, and Supersport racing is almost the toughest class in the world, because the bikes are so even. I have got five rounds to make it happen. It's great to stay on a Honda, and even better knowing it's a winning package."

Brookes will be riding a 2007 spec CBR600RR, a direct descendant of the bike with which he won the 2004 WSS race as a wild-card at Phillip Island. Josh also won the 2005 Australian Supersport Championship for Honda.

Goooo Josh, awesome opportunity!

Mach24
28th June 2007, 13:14
Good news?

Hope this works out, but I gotta say I am not filled with enthusiasm.

The Phantom
28th June 2007, 17:46
Nah, Josh has the goods. He'll make an impact in WSS - which is shaping up to be the class to watch these days... never a dull moment!

NinjaMaster
2nd July 2007, 07:11
If he can get equal equipment to Harms then he will definately run consistently top 5. I am really positive about this opportunity for Josh as I rate Stiggy's team and reckon this will be the launch pad for him to a competitive ride, similar to West with his Yamaha ride. Good luck Brookesy, you deserve it.

burger
3rd July 2007, 02:26
Nah, Josh has the goods. He'll make an impact in WSS - which is shaping up to be the class to watch these days... never a dull moment!

Agreed

Josh did win the Aus SS and SBK championship in 05, so he can ride a 600 as well as he does a 1000 - and he does that well. Given competitive machinery, he'll definitely run at the pointy end!

tha_jackal
3rd July 2007, 02:33
As long as Josh achieves better results than Tiberio was pulling (have to admit he'd been very dissapointing up until now) and aslong as he gives the nutter Robbin Harms a run for his money then I foresee Josh scoring a top WSS ride in 08. As we've seen, that CAN be an avenue into the big leagues i.e Ant West.

Gaassss Josh!

T-D
3rd July 2007, 03:53
you, ozzies are an enthusuastic bunch, aren't ya? :laugh:

i love it. if it were simply a question of fan passion, the racing world would be ruled by ozzies, it seems.

tha_jackal
9th July 2007, 09:34
Report - Stiggy Motorsports

After just 114 laps on the new Stiggy Honda CBR 600 machine, Joshua Brookes managed to score the fastest overall lap time in the second and final session of day two at the official FGSport tests in Italy, Vallelunga.

Swapping from the Superbike to the Supersport 600, Joshua had no problems showing his huge talent and desire to do well for himself and the team. He managed to set the fastest lap time, posting an incredible lap of 1m39.550, three tenths of a second faster then Honda Ten Kate’s Kenan Sofuoglu’s 1m39.818.
Unfortunately teammate Robin Harms was not as successful. The Dane struggled with chassis and clutch problems throughout and only managed to finish in 15th place - with 1m41.417 as his best lap time.

Joshua
"Wow, I’m very pleased! With everything! Finally I got the opportunity to prove myself, and to do it with Stiggy Motorsport Honda team is just amazing. The team is really good to work with and they are all work in a very professional way. Already from day one we managed to make the “right” adjustments and that allowed me to go faster and faster every session, and improved my lap times consistently. We managed to come very close to a really good race set up on the bike. The only down side is some clutch problems, but I’m sure that´s something we will be able to sort out. The chassis and engine is fantastic. Unfortunately, we didn’t have the same access to the development tyres like many of the other teams during these two days but, to be honest, I think we pulled it off pretty good anyway. I’m very much looking forward to Brno in two weeks time and I’m sure it will be a success for us."

Robin
"We had some difficulties these two days. I’m not completely sure why, but my main problem has been the chassis settings. In the first and second part of the track, I’m fast and the bike feels good, but in the third and last part, where it´s twisty with tight corners, I lose everything. I had trouble getting the bike into the corners as well as exiting them. We experienced some small clutch issues - but nothing major. For the next two races coming up, Brno and Brands Hatch, I’m pretty confident as they are two circuits I really like and I know I will be able to do good there. We will have to wait and see."

Johan Stigefelt (Team Manager)
"This was obviously a really important test for us, not only because of having a new rider in the team but also to make sure that we develop and improve for the last five rounds of the championship. I’m really happy with the outcome and I think we all needed this to reassure ourselves that we have good material and the potential for making great results. Everybody is working very hard and Joshua is proving himself a strong and experienced rider with lots of potential. On the other hand, Robbin unfortunately didn’t have as much luck this time. We will have to keep working on his bikes and make sure everything will be OK for the next races. I’m not worried as I know Robbin is a fighter and will do well keeping “up there” in the championship. We are all excited and looking forward going to Brno in two weeks."

Oooohhhh yeh! Gooo Brookesy! Aussies, why would u want to hire any nationality! :D :laugh:

The Phantom
9th July 2007, 10:06
Fantastic way to kick it off. I expected him to be fast, but not that fast! : )

tha_jackal
9th July 2007, 11:45
... but I gotta say I am not filled with enthusiasm.

How bout now? :D ;)

Mach24
9th July 2007, 12:45

Hope this not a one off testing moment.

I really believe Brooksey has the talent to win some major championships if the cards fall his way.

patnicholls
12th July 2007, 01:10
Brookesey was looking good in my eyes even with not the quickest Honda on the grid in WSB and with a team we now learn has serious internal problems. He was giving Muggas a fair kicking and in the wet scored some impressive results.

Shame he's had to drop back to WSS (which is a championship with a lot of depth, not easy to do well in), and also for Tiberio to lose his ride (though he was having a dismal year), but I think Brookes will do alright.

racer69
12th July 2007, 08:13
Also good news that it appears Aussie Jason O'Hallaron might be in line to replace Kevin Curtain/Ant West for the rest of the year (shame for Steve Martin though)

Mach24
21st July 2007, 05:56

Q1 = P16

Show us what your made of Josh. I reckon this is his last chance, he needs to succeed here or he might well find himself on a slow boat back to OZ.

Mach24
21st July 2007, 14:48
Q1 = P16

Show us what your made of Josh. I reckon this is his last chance, he needs to succeed here or he might well find himself on a slow boat back to OZ.

Q2 = P3!

NinjaMaster
21st July 2007, 15:30
That's a very impressive job by Brookesy. Here's hoping that converts to race pace and not just a one lap wonder. Harms right behind him is great news for Stiggy and I'm sure the two of 'em will be able to really push each other to new heights.

Mach24
23rd September 2007, 01:30
Josh Brookes has been confirmed at Stiggy WSS for season 2008.

tha_jackal
23rd September 2007, 09:34
Hopefully he has a shot at the title next year, he does love the CBR-600.. Good luck to him.

axxexs
25th September 2007, 03:48
Honda have helped Stiggy to find a big sponsor for 2008. So next year will be the first year that they can do the pre-season test as the other teams.

axxexs
17th November 2007, 12:37
Stiggy Motorsport is doing the last 2 races in the Spanish CEV-Supersport with Josh Brookes. This weekend in Valencia and the next weekend at Jerez.

Mach24
17th November 2007, 23:07
It will be interesting to see how Brooksey goes against the locals.

It is also good to see Stiggy getting some track time leading into 08'.

axxexs
18th November 2007, 18:50
Josh did qualify second and in the race he was third.

The local boy Joan Lascorz did win and the Britt Graeme Gowland second, Josh third and the French WSS rider Gregory LeBlanc fourth. All on Honda's.

From http://www.stiggy.com
"During a positive test this weekend in Valencia, Stiggy Motorsport Honda rider Joshua Brookes managed to put in a lot of laps over the two days of fee practice and qualifying. The team were able to collect lots of important data, as well as finding new set-up and suspension settings on their Hondas. Joshua managed to improve his best lap time on the last day of practice, claiming second spot for Sunday's race, with a best lap of 1.36.7. The Australian experienced tyre problems after only five laps into the race and, in the end, had to settle for third place, but he and the team were more than pleased with what they had achieved. "

Joshua Brookes
"I'm really satisfied with this weekend. We have been working on many different areas on the bike, improving the different settings, but mainly focusing on the suspension and chassis. We put in as many laps as possible during the two days of practice and managed to find lots of important information. I feel comfortable with the bike and the suspension and we made progress every time we changed something. The race today wasn't important in terms of results, but it was a great test opportunity. I experienced problems with my rear tyre after only five laps and that's the reason I couldn't bring home the victory. Next weekend we will be testing in Jerez and I'm already looking forward to it. "

Johan Stigefelt (Team manager)
"It's been a successful and valuable test this weekend and it has given us a chance to test many new parts and different suspension settings. Joshua and the team worked really hard and managed to get as much information and feedback as possible. The race today was just a test, but in the heat of the moment you always want to win of course! But I'm very satisfied with all the data and information we gathered. It will be very useful for next weekend in Jerez and also for next season."

http://www.motocev.com/multimedia/fotos/circuits_2007/valencia_6/foto_15.jpg

http://www.motocev.com/multimedia/fotos/circuits_2007/valencia_6/foto_11.jpg

http://www.epifumi.com/foro/gallery/11_18_11_07_4_22_47.jpg

NinjaMaster
19th November 2007, 10:43
Check out Josh's mo! Gotta love Movember. :up: