PDA

View Full Version : Donegal illegal recce scandal pushed under the carpet

s12impreza
27th June 2007, 22:57
Well hello everybody suprised nobody has asked questions about this yet but there were a small number of drivers caught illegal recceing before the DONEGAL INTERNATIONAL RALLY this year,

I have been waiting to see if anything came about it in the papers or on the net but not one word I know one person for definate that was caught not going to say just yet want to see what anyone else has to say about it....................??????

Vatanen
29th June 2007, 14:40
Please elaborate further were there recce infringements in Donegal and if any of the top crews that finished involved??

s12impreza
29th June 2007, 17:07
Please elaborate further were there recce infringements in Donegal and if any of the top crews that finished involved??

Yes there was illegal recceing done before the Donegal rally

and it is being covered up very well shame there's leeks in the club that tell people these things, and there should be an investigation launched into ths by Motorsport Ireland although I reckon they know about it.

and

No any of the Drivers that finished were not caught its some of the Top Drivers that pulled out (or were told not to make the start ramp is more like the truth) before the rally, that were caught. I'll leave it a couple of days before I name the one driver i am 100% sure was caught 3 weeks before the rally. the other drivers I have heard from many top people involved in the sport. But do not no for sure.

306 Cosworth
29th June 2007, 17:18
Come on just tell us who was Caught then, surely not GMH?

s12impreza
29th June 2007, 19:49
Come on just tell us who was Caught then, surely not GMH?

K i was just wantin to know what people had to see before i said anything
Eamonn Boland (3 weeks before hand)
May-be's what i've been told are the
Mh's
group N runner
White
thats of the front runners but dont quote me on the may-be's

dcr22B
29th June 2007, 20:38
Mh's
group N runner
White

Mate, if I were you I'd be extremely careful about who you name as if these rumours prove unfounded, you could find yourself being very unpopular.

s12impreza
29th June 2007, 20:46
Mate, if I were you I'd be extremely careful about who you name as if these rumours prove unfounded, you could find yourself being very unpopular.

Thats why i said dont quote me on the may-be

29th June 2007, 20:51
Mh's
group N runner
White

utter crap!
eamonn bolands car broke a cam shaft on the way to the test stage on the thursday. the team tried absolutely everything to get a replacement engine shipped but simply ran out of time. fact!
g mch has a very major accident in sardinia two weeks b4 the rally and simply had no car. fact!
a mch found himself leading the national championship and didnt want to risk his car as the next round was the following week. fact!
r white withdrew as his wife was expecting thier first child. fact!
so please stop pedaling this rubish....

s12impreza
29th June 2007, 22:36
utter crap!
eamonn bolands car broke a cam shaft on the way to the test stage on the thursday. the team tried absolutely everything to get a replacement engine shipped but simply ran out of time. fact!
g mch has a very major accident in sardinia two weeks b4 the rally and simply had no car. fact!
a mch found himself leading the national championship and didnt want to risk his car as the next round was the following week. fact!
r white withdrew as his wife was expecting thier first child. fact!
so please stop pedaling this rubish....

Fact i said i dnt know about the other 3 and fact is i would like to let you know that Boland was put down as engine failure but he was caught illegal recceing I think it was 3 weeks before the rally i was told that by an official

29th June 2007, 23:04
Fact i said i dnt know about the other 3 and fact is i would like to let you know that Boland was put down as engine failure but he was caught illegal recceing I think it was 3 weeks before the rally i was told that by an official

if he was caught 3 weeks previous to the rally what was his car doing in letterkenny the day before the rally?? the car had even pasted scruinty on thursday morning.. in fairness i cannot say with absolute 100% certainty that he wasnt on the stages but i know for fact that the cam shaft broke and bent every valve in the engine. suppose there is little chance you would name the official???

ste898
29th June 2007, 23:05
Caddy555 thankyou for filling in the missing names........at least now we know!!!!

Simmi
30th June 2007, 09:24
Can't see why someone of Boland's experience would feel the need to do that to be honest? And you really can't just 'speculate' on names like that if you're not sure which you clearly aren't.

s12impreza
30th June 2007, 17:43
Can't see why someone of Boland's experience would feel the need to do that to be honest? And you really can't just 'speculate' on names like that if you're not sure which you clearly aren't.

I am sure on Boland and thats the only one im positive on, I have a couple of private messages now and one person has told me he knows about the illegal recceing and said he is saying notting, He said it is so well buttoned up that he reckons the truth will never come out .of what drivers were caught and told not to turn up.

ste898
1st July 2007, 08:56
ANY driver caught doing this should be banned for the season.......whoever they are!!!

MadCat
1st July 2007, 10:23
To be honest, I think one of the reasons why nothing has been said about these (not the only reason no doubt) is that naming and shaming isnt exactly the best way to deal with these potential 'cheats'. Im sure the organising car club are dealing with it in their own way.

Im sure they also dont appreciate people putting rumours or false information all over the internet either.