PDA

View Full Version : btcc and swedish touring cars

acorn
27th June 2007, 12:45
today's motorsport news reports that plans are being drawn up to allow locally homologated cars from the stcc to compete in the btcc. it could see cars from the stcc in the btcc and vice versa.

what does everyone see as the pros and cons?

Brown, Jon Brow
27th June 2007, 12:50
Cons?

More potential cars in either championship can only be a good thing.

Dickie L'Amour
27th June 2007, 13:21
No cons whatsoever. A common sense approach which can only be good (for both series).

BDunnell
27th June 2007, 13:29
I would imagine that the cost of transferring cars between Britain and Sweden would be quite a major con for the teams.

AlexD
27th June 2007, 14:05
It means we could see a Mercedes, Volvo and an Audi in the BTCC for the first time in...

...a while!

Dickie L'Amour
27th June 2007, 14:36
I would imagine that the cost of transferring cars between Britain and Sweden would be quite a major con for the teams.

No more than bringing over a car from WTCC surely? (eg. BMW from germany, Alfa from Italy etc.)

Iain
27th June 2007, 15:28
What's the article about? Is it teams entering eachother's championships or cars that are locally homologated being allowed to be bought and used in eachother's series?

Allyc85
27th June 2007, 16:20
This can only be good news, id love to see a mercedes over here! :D

Captain VXR
27th June 2007, 16:28
Perhaps something else is planned think pan series battle. Would love some Swedish cars here and maybe Opel Sweden will buy a Vectra?

acorn
27th June 2007, 18:00
What's the article about? Is it teams entering each other's championships or cars that are locally homologated being allowed to be bought and used in each other's series?

i think(and this is my interpretation of the text) that it is the latter(purchasing secondhand cars) although taken to it's logical conclusion the former might be probable. having said that, i wouldn't have thought that you'd plan to do anything other than a full season and then we're talking money if you try to do both(assuming there are no clashes).

so basically it means more variety.

PDS
27th June 2007, 19:27
today's motorsport news reports that plans are being drawn up to allow locally homologated cars from the stcc to compete in the btcc. it could see cars from the stcc in the btcc and vice versa.

what does everyone see as the pros and cons?

Any inter championship cooperation should be applauded.

Perhaps it's a sensible step towards this...

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118840

kmchow
27th June 2007, 19:57
What's the article about? Is it teams entering eachother's championships or cars that are locally homologated being allowed to be bought and used in eachother's series?
It would make sense the agreement would facilitate either scenarios. It's definitely a good thing. Actually, the more agreements of these kinds, the better it is for S2000 on a global basis.

Unless these local hologations start beating the fully homologated S2000, I don't expect there to be issues?

nicemms
27th June 2007, 20:13
I think this is a great idea, more makes in the btcc like Audi!

VkmSpouge
27th June 2007, 23:29
Makes sense for the championships to do it. Pretty good idea.

tisme
28th June 2007, 00:15
Unless these local hologations start beating the fully homologated S2000, I don't expect there to be issues?

????????? Honda Civic ???????

PDS
28th June 2007, 14:31
????????? Honda Civic ???????

And the Vectra!

bt52b
28th June 2007, 16:18
Its great to see more makes, but it sidesteps the real issue. Doesn't it mean the S2000 homologation process isn't working and needs to be reformed.

Captain VXR
28th June 2007, 16:19
and the A4 and S60 (about local homologated cars winning)

SEATFreak
1st July 2007, 11:13
I bought the entire mag just for that article! :laugh:

After all I am very excited by that. Not just because I will see an increase in, personally speaking, not so much variety as quality in Audi, Mercedes and Volvo in the BTCC. But this deal let us not forget, if it happens, will allow the sales of new ex-TD and VXR cars to be sold further afield.

Two queeries. The first is will the STCC cars go to purel Independents or will the factories like Audi set up teams, and secondly what of SEAT? How will any SEAT's that run work? Could SEATSport UK sell Leons or would it again be down to the factory in Albacete to supply them?