PDA

View Full Version : F1 goes to cinema

ioan
27th June 2007, 11:32
This year's F1 British GP will be shown in 30 multiplexes of the Vue Cinemas chain in HD quality and without commercial breaks.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31881

Tickets doesn't seem to be cheap though (but maybe those are the cinema prices in UK)!

buckwheat
27th June 2007, 18:11
Well, I'm exhausted. I just got back after being gone all day, running all over town looking for one of these "Vue" Cinemas. I FINALLY found some guy at a 7-11 that knew what I was talking about, wow what a relief.

He said go to New York and take a right, then go about 2400 miles to this little town called Plymouth.

--update--

I'm in New York, and just rented a little boat for this trip. Ok guys - wish me luck, I'll be there. Sure hope I make it before the show starts

ChickenMcNugget
27th June 2007, 22:07
My only real option would be the Leeds Vue Cinema, a good one and something hours train ride from where I'm based. :\ Plop.

Dave B
27th June 2007, 22:11
It's likely to be a nice day (although on current form maybe not!) so bugger sitting in a dark cinema and paying £15 not to be able to have a beer - I'm having a BBQ!

ChickenMcNugget
27th June 2007, 22:16
Well, my only 'local' is Hartlepool. Not the most obvious F1 'hot spot'. :p Those beers had best be on me, then...

RaikkonenRules
27th June 2007, 23:00
Nearest VUE is in Doncaster a half hour drive away.

ChickenMcNugget
27th June 2007, 23:49
Which just so happens not to be one of the aforementioned select cinemas, I presume? ;)

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 23:56
I understand that the race will be shown at the Charles Dickens in Little Collins Street. I don't know if it is without adverts, but the beer there is good and admission is free, and if you get there early, you get a good armchair to sit in.

Zico
28th June 2007, 00:12
Im gonna go and see this with my son at my local Vue... bound to be pretty stunning in HD on the big screen.. and with NO add breaks.. oh.. and I'll sneak in a few beers. ;)

OmarF1
28th June 2007, 16:38
That's great, if this success Bernie should seriously think about broadcasting in HD all the races, we want some widescreen baby, we want to se all the pimples in Nico Rosberg's girly face. :D

gridwalk.co.uk
28th June 2007, 22:41
I think that £15 is quite respectable really considering you get the official programme, popcorn and a drink. The programmes are £10 and popcorn is at least £3/£4. The official programmes IMO are a rip off but they are sold at £10 each and so long as you like popcorn you more or less get to watch the race for free

Sleeper
28th June 2007, 23:34
I've never even heard of Vue Cinemas before, and I bet the pictures will be stretched to fit onto the big sreen.

Mysterious Rock
29th June 2007, 03:42
What cracks me up is, there is a VUE in Northampton no less than 15 mins from Silverstone and guess what it is not on there!!!! Does that make sense to everyone else? Cause surely thats wrong

ioan
29th June 2007, 08:50
What cracks me up is, there is a VUE in Northampton no less than 15 mins from Silverstone and guess what it is not on there!!!! Does that make sense to everyone else? Cause surely thats wrong

Wrong for us, good for Bernie. ;)

Hazell B
29th June 2007, 21:28
Nearest VUE is in Doncaster a half hour drive away.

Wouldn't S****horpe (go ahead Brockman, I'll let you have this one ;) ) be nearer for you? Don't know if they're showing it, but it would be closer.

Vue, aka Warner, are running loads of things like this over the next year or so, starting with a Genesis concert and some sporting events. It will fail miserably then they'll try dropping the price and it may start to work.

There is no way most people will pay 15 quid to watch something that's free at home. I don't care how many leaflets (it's not a real programme if they hand it out in cinemas ;) ) they give you or how over priced the popcorn is, it's too much money.

Vue at York hadn't sold any Genesis tickets last I heard. Not one :laugh:

Hazell B
29th June 2007, 21:29
Ohmygod, S C U N T H O R P E is starred.
It's a place, a real one :confused:

Wilderness
29th June 2007, 21:33
Yeap. M a t s u s h i t a gets the same treatment.

Mark
2nd July 2007, 08:58
My nearest is in York, some 90 miles away. £15 is a ripoff too, it's only an hour and a half, which is similar to a feature film, to show something which is on TV for free anyway.

SteveA
2nd July 2007, 09:11
Ohmygod, S C U N T H O R P E is starred.
It's a place, a real one :confused:

Try it with an umlaut... Scünthorpe

Of course, now people will start adding accent marks to swear words to get around the censor, and those words will be added to the system!

davo33
2nd July 2007, 17:17
watching the F1 in the cinema will be great. uninterupted coverage, HD, blaring sound. Closest I am gonna get to experiencing the race as def cant get to Silverstone