PDA

View Full Version : Rally Hokkaido

wacked
27th June 2007, 10:28
the rally is in 2 weeks, the entry list is up on the site, none of the New Caledonia drivers are there and the third MRF driver Gaurav Gill is also not there

entry list http://www.rally-hokkaido.com/images/2007-06-26Entry_ListE3.pdf

raybak
27th June 2007, 11:50
Interesting to see that MacNeall is sitting next to Arai. What happened to Tony?

Ray

Rally Hokkaido
30th June 2007, 05:09
I arrived home from Thailand, last night.
Downloaded the entry list then and, like you guys, noted the absence of the New Cal equipe and Toshi's replacement co-driver.
I'll head out to the service park on Monday to investigate and report back here!

Rally Hokkaido
3rd July 2007, 14:19
Well. I made it to the Service Park, today. It's still quite a lonely place with only the Motor Image, MRF, Kumar and Green teams there, so far.
From what I've heard Team New Caledonia won't be seen in APRC again, this year.
As for why Toshi has Glenn beside him for this rally, I'll have to wait till they arrive to find out.

Rally Hokkaido
3rd July 2007, 14:22
Oh, almost forgot. Gill's third MRF Lancer almost made it to Rally Hokkaido. In the end, repairs were not completed in time for it to be sent - understandable if you saw the crash!

WRXedUSA
4th July 2007, 02:14
More information on the disappearance of Tony please.

morfn
4th July 2007, 02:30
There are now images and videos available from Rally Hokkaido at http://www.jussivalimaki.com - check them out!

paulr
5th July 2007, 04:29
Well. I made it to the Service Park, today. It's still quite a lonely place with only the Motor Image, MRF, Kumar and Green teams there, so far.

Makes a bit of a mockery of the concept of keeping the APRC Service Park separate from any other riffraff who might dare to enter an event. You'd think the APRC organizers would be pleading with event organizers to add as many cars as possible, in order to make APRC at least appear viable.

--paul

bowler
7th July 2007, 01:07
i think he meant that only a few teams had arrived at the time he was there

Rally Hokkaido
7th July 2007, 22:37
i think he meant that only a few teams had arrived at the time he was there

Yes, Bowler, as usual you are correct. The Service Park soon filled up with the total of 60+ competitors and tyre company service vehicles & tents.
Yesterday's leg 1 was a disappointment for Toshi Arai as he and Glenn were unable to block off the fractured brake pipe and continue after SS2. They had just set fastest time over the short SS1! I didn't speak with Toshi but did chat with Glenn who confirmed that this ride was a one-off, but added that he and Toshi had immediately worked well together in the car after a 10-year plus hiatus. While nothing appeared decided between the two the body chemistry seemed to indicate that Glenn, at least, wouldn't mind co-driving more for Toshi whom he described as being fast, easy to work with and very consistent.

Nothing was said about Tony's absence, though someone related to the team speculated that he may be scaling back on the number of non-PCWRC rallies he does with Toshi from this season.

Other points from yesterday:

Weather was fine, still some puddles around from rain earlier in the week.

Nuta's overall time for Leg 1 was 2 secs quicker than Cody's. He is running in the National round at the tail of the APRC runners.

Jussi was not well and was physically sick a couple of times during the day.
Even so he was fastest on the highspeed SS4 and its repeat SS8. Team Manager, Lane Heenan who himself was off-colour earlier in the week, said Jussi seemed better at the final service - too bad he has already given away over a minute to Cody who, as usual, didn't put a foot wrong all day.

ENDS

TheDogBox
27th July 2007, 14:32
There are now images and videos available from Rally Hokkaido at www.jussivalimaki.com (http://www.jussivalimaki.com) - check them out!

Latest video and podcast from the event is up at http://www.aprclive.com. :)