PDA

View Full Version : Roger Hayden to ride for Kawasaki at Laguna

RaikkonenRules
26th June 2007, 21:30
Heard that AMA Superbike Kawasaki rider Roger Hayden will ride for Kawasaki at the Laguna Seca Moto GP event. Wonder how well he'll do.

Mach24
27th June 2007, 01:24
Can't say Roger Lee getting a wild card does a hell of a lot for me, however if Suzuki threw a bike at Spies that would be interesting.

Rog ain't the authentic 'Kentucky Kid', but local knowledge at Laguna is worth a second or so.

NinjaMaster
27th June 2007, 14:34
I can't see any wildcard doing much to be honest. Good luck to em but to jump on a completely unknown bike with different tires, Neither Rog or Ben will do anything startling I think.

tha_jackal
27th June 2007, 15:29
I can't see any wildcard doing much to be honest. Good luck to em but to jump on a completely unknown bike with different tires, Neither Rog or Ben will do anything startling I think.

em? Spies on a GP Zook is merely Machs fantasy! Even Roger Lee on a Kwaka isnt a done deal. According to his manager, theres still a few hoops RL has to jump through before Dorna sign the dotted line and agree with the plans.

While Kawasaki have announced it, that doesnt make it a certainty (just look at Johnny Rea and TeamKR) .. Either way, I think if Roger does ride, it will be a bit of a test to see if he's 'GP material' for 08, (like they're doing with Ant for the rest of this year) as I have it under good authority that their GP team will be expanding to three bikes next year..

RaikkonenRules
28th June 2007, 00:18
I didn't think teams could have three regular bikes. :confused:

tha_jackal
28th June 2007, 02:26
I didn't think teams could have three regular bikes. :confused:

Repsol Honda back in the 500cc days? ;) It could possibly be run as two seperate teams aswell :)

axxexs
29th June 2007, 07:12
Roger not confirmed to race at Laguna:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=29442

racer69
29th June 2007, 08:23
Repsol Honda back in the 500cc days? ;)

They ran 4 in 1997 & 1998 as well :)

Time was when it was the norm for the factory teams to front 3 bikes.....

osg
29th June 2007, 08:43
If he's as good as his elder brother, i wouldn't bother.......... place the focus and building a relationship with West and De Puniet, not this chump.