PDA

View Full Version : Honda president will attend the French GP

ioan
26th June 2007, 19:00
"Fukui does not attend many races and his presence at Assen, just one day before his scheduled visit to the French Grand Prix at Magny-Cours, has been viewed by some as significant."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60188

He might ask Jenson why is he under performing given his the money they payed for him! :D

Or maybe he just wants to congratulate Aguri Suzuki and Sato for keeping the Honda name on the score table. ;)

andreag
26th June 2007, 19:33
He might ask Jenson why is he under performing given his the money they payed for him! :D
Maybe this saturday someone ask him why is Honda unable to make a decent MotoGP bike. 14 races since the last win is becoming too much, and there's no signs of a prompt solution.

Dave B
26th June 2007, 19:57
Will he be cheering on Super Aguri? :laugh:

Someone have a word in his shell-like about the hideous "My Ear The Dream" livery on their so-called A-team!

ArrowsFA1
26th June 2007, 20:48
More likely he will be apologising to JB for the rubbish car his team have produced this year. JB is a good driver and will produce the results if Honda can produce the car.

Ian McC
26th June 2007, 22:33
Honda don't seem to have much luck building winners, the only time they win anything (BTCC) is without any imput from themselves :P:

ioan
26th June 2007, 22:43
More likely he will be apologising to JB for the rubbish car his team have produced this year.

You don't know much about Japanese, don't you?! :rolleyes:

JB is a good driver and will produce the results if Honda can produce the car.

That's why Rubens outperformed him this season, that's also why he managed only one lucky win in 100+ races, even when driving an underweight car. Nice try! ;)

Narr
26th June 2007, 23:01

That's why Rubens outperformed him this season, that's also why he managed only one lucky win in 100+ races, even when driving an underweight car. Nice try! ;)

This makes me laugh. Rubens outperformed Jenson? Oh yes I remember Rubens' huge points haul compared to the big fat zero JB has :D

When one driver ends up 14th and the other 16th with the budget Honda have it's not the drivers that are the problem.

ioan
27th June 2007, 00:00
This makes me laugh. Rubens outperformed Jenson? Oh yes I remember Rubens' huge points haul compared to the big fat zero JB has :D

When one driver ends up 14th and the other 16th with the budget Honda have it's not the drivers that are the problem.

As long as RB ends the race in front of JB it is called that he outperformed him. Unless, of course, if you happen to be biased. :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 00:14
More likely he will be apologising to JB for the rubbish car his team have produced this year. JB is a good driver and will produce the results if Honda can produce the car.

The President of Japanese Corporation does not apologise - it is up to humble employees to apologise.

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 00:16
As long as RB ends the race in front of JB it is called that he outperformed him. Unless, of course, if you happen to be biased. :rolleyes:

What about when the second hand Hondas finish ahead of the Works Team?

Roamy
27th June 2007, 04:28
BFD

Hopefully he is coming to fire Takamoron

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 05:22
BFD

Hopefully he is coming to fire Takamoron

Maybe recommend honorable harikiri :eek:

ArrowsFA1
27th June 2007, 09:03
No, can't say I do, but I hope Honda aren't the kind of company to ignore their own failings, because that is one sure way to fail in F1.

My point was that Button is not underperforming, as you claim. There is simply no evidence to back that opinion up. The problem is the car that the team have produced for him and Rubens to drive.

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 10:05
No, can't say I do, but I hope Honda aren't the kind of company to ignore their own failings, because that is one sure way to fail in F1.

More important to SAVE FACE

Let employees admit mistakes.

ioan
27th June 2007, 11:21
More important to SAVE FACE

Let employees admit mistakes.

Exactly. A Japanese company president will not admit to anything negative. That's why they keep Nick Fry maybe! :D

Garry Walker
27th June 2007, 12:09

What about him getting beaten clearly by RB this year?

My point was that Button is not underperforming, as you claim. There is simply no evidence to back that opinion up. The problem is the car that the team have produced for him and Rubens to drive.

Well, I have some evidence supporting that. Rubens has easily beaten him this year. The car sucks, but Buttons performances have been lacking too.

ShiftingGears
27th June 2007, 12:22

He's been beaten by Barrichello consistently. Maybe it is a complete pig to drive, but Barrichello is proving that he's better at driving that kind of car, and Button is underperforming in comparison to Barrichello. Button appears to just not be able to drive around a cars problems, and can't adapt to something perfectly suited to his style. That is his weakness, and unluckily for him Barrichello seems to be quite good at driving dogs.

However I certainly agree on Honda having Japanese management syndrome.

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 12:58
However I certainly agree on Honda having Japanese management syndrome.

I wonder why. Some time ago, Honda's manager appeared at another French Grand Prix with disastrous consequences. He pressured the team to race the RA302 and when John Surtees declined to race it after testing the ill handling car, Jo Schlesser accepted the ride with catastrophic results.

And guess who the designer was?

And for the benefit of those who are itching to write LINK PLEASE here it is :http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/232

A far more detailed story appeared in Motorsport magazine, including a horrific picture of the car's remains , but unfortunately I no longer have that edition. :(

Stuartf12007
27th June 2007, 13:34
Get Rid Of The Bloody Awful Dumb Stupid Ridiculous Livery

ArrowsFA1
27th June 2007, 14:41
Rubens has easily beaten him this year.
"Easily" suggests RB has wiped the floor with JB in qualifying. He hasn't.

"Easily" suggests RB has wiped the floor with JB in the races. He has beaten him in a couple of races certainly, but they have been 1sec apart in two races, and one of them retired in three of the races, so "easily"? In my opinion, no.

"Easily" suggests RB has wiped the floor with JB on race pace. He hasn't.

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 14:43
Well, the second hand Hondas did better. :p :

ioan
27th June 2007, 15:56

"Easily" suggests RB has wiped the floor with JB in the races. He has beaten him in a couple of races certainly, but they have been 1sec apart in two races, and one of them retired in three of the races, so "easily"? In my opinion, no.

A quick glance on the results says that RB beat JB every race when both finished (that's 5 times).

You take it as you wish. For me it means that RB wiped the floor with JB up to this point in the season.

Valve Bounce
27th June 2007, 23:50
A quick glance on the results says that RB beat JB every race when both finished (that's 5 times).

You take it as you wish. For me it means that RB wiped the floor with JB up to this point in the season.

..........................and how many times did the second hand Hondas beat them both? :rolleyes:

I could not believe my eyes when ant passed bunsen at Injunapolis. :p :

jens
28th June 2007, 15:00
A question to you: what do you think, which one - Toyota or Honda - has more potential in future terms? I mean in the next years?

OmarF1
28th June 2007, 16:49
uh-oh, Some people at Honda would not be comfortable this weekend, I smell some people getting fired if they fail, and trust me they will, by now Honda sucks.

Dave B
28th June 2007, 17:43
A question to you: what do you think, which one - Toyota or Honda - has more potential in future terms? I mean in the next years?
Honda. Discounting their F1 history and only looking at the modern era, they've had some flashes of brilliance. Toyota, by comparison, have plodded along and don't seem to be capable of reacting fast enough to anything in modern Formula One.

Valve Bounce
29th June 2007, 01:55
Honda. Discounting their F1 history and only looking at the modern era, they've had some flashes of brilliance. Toyota, by comparison, have plodded along and don't seem to be capable of reacting fast enough to anything in modern Formula One.

The fact that Toyota hired Ralfie and the fact that they are sticking with him makes me say Honda.

Mysterious Rock
29th June 2007, 03:50
Perhaps the Honda Pres will pull his sword and give it the swoosh to save face, the A team is doing diabolical

Valve Bounce
29th June 2007, 04:23
Perhaps the Honda Pres will pull his sword and give it the swoosh to save face, the A team is doing diabolical

I think that the Honda President will be very pleased with the efforts of the small Super Aguri team, especially their Japanese driver. It must be remembered that Taku has done heaps to make the Japanese public happy about all things Honda since this was the team Honda helped form to keep Taku in F1.

leopard
29th June 2007, 05:25

perhaps, it remains mystery

wmcot
29th June 2007, 07:57
"Fukui does not attend many races and his presence at Assen

Can we say those words on this forum???? ;)

ioan
29th June 2007, 09:06
Can we say those words on this forum???? ;)

:)

motofan
30th June 2007, 04:49
Honda needs better managment

ClarkFan
30th June 2007, 17:36

And to me "easily" reuqires an advantage in World Championship points. When both drivers are stuck on 0, there is no "outperforming" going on, just multiple "underperforming." Although to be fair, the RA107 is clearly a failed design.

Head should roll for the team performance this year, but it can't really be attributed to the drivers.

ClarkFan

Roamy
30th June 2007, 19:10
The Pres must have inspired Button he finally out quals RB

Jimmy Magnusson
30th June 2007, 21:58
And to me "easily" reuqires an advantage in World Championship points. When both drivers are stuck on 0, there is no "outperforming" going on, just multiple "underperforming."

Certainly not. Using that logic would suggest that Alonso didn't outperform Marques at Minardi in 2001; after all, neither drive got a point.

zoostation
30th June 2007, 22:14
Certainly not. Using that logic would suggest that Alonso didn't outperform Marques at Minardi in 2001; after all, neither drive got a point.

ah but honda would be very much expected to get a lot of points over the course of 7 or 8 races

minardi most probably wouldnt be

Dave B
1st July 2007, 14:51
Good timing from Honda, but I can't believe we're getting excited over them scoring one stuffing point.

Robinho
1st July 2007, 14:56
interesting how "easily" Button beat Barrichello in qually and the race and has a crushing lead in the driers champ ;)

a very good drive from Button today, pushed into the points, all the top guys finished so he got there on merit, and was well ahead of Rubens, a step forward for Honda, hope they can continue to progress

Ian McC
1st July 2007, 15:02
Wonder if the Honda president was happy with one point :s

jens
1st July 2007, 16:02
In 2005 BAR opened its points score at Magny-Cours too. So it looks like after a decent season it takes half a year for Honda to get over the joy of the previous season to actually start developing the car. :p :

Button drove a great race. Again it looks like that when the car is better, then Jenson also simply drives better. Rubens hasn't been outperformed so far this year.