PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2007

dwf1
26th June 2007, 15:09
anyone watching it? coudnt find a thread for it so sorry if there is one....

Can't Henman do things the easy way......so far 9-9 in the final set!

Dave B
26th June 2007, 15:20
It's only the first round and he's struggling :rolleyes:

Even if he scrapes through I wouldn't be getting my hopes up for much success.

dwf1
26th June 2007, 15:22
this is stupid 11- 10 now

ozrevhead
26th June 2007, 15:23
Love this event!

Would love to make the trip someday!!!

It's only the first round and he's struggling :rolleyes:

Even if he scrapes through I wouldn't be getting my hopes up for much success.
umm hes not playing some wildcard 300+ spots below him

Moya is tough as they come - he will never give you an easy match

VAMOS!

dwf1
26th June 2007, 15:32
umm hes not playing some wildcard 300+ spots below him

Moya is tough as they come - he will never give you an easy match

VAMOS!

Thats very true! He is a hard person to beat but this is BRILLIANT tennis from both guys

Brown, Jon Brow
26th June 2007, 16:17
I only ever watch the women play. :o

oily oaf
26th June 2007, 16:37
COME ON TIM!

Yours Moistly
Madge Menopause
Hormone Replacement Drive
Surrey

oily oaf
26th June 2007, 17:49
I only ever watch the women play. :o

you're a very sick man JB ;)
I know what you mean though. At least in the ladies game there are some sustained baseline rallies whereas with the fellas after a few seconds of sweaty, breathless exertion it's all over in seconds.
Am I right girls? ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
26th June 2007, 19:46
With the fellas after a few seconds of sweaty, breathless exertion it's all over in seconds.
Am I right girls? ;)

Thats certainly the case when I play tennis :o or watch the ladies play :mad:

Brown, Jon Brow
26th June 2007, 19:51
you're a very sick man JB ;)

I only watch it for the tennis :mad:

http://sports.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Maria_Sharapova.jpg

veeten
26th June 2007, 19:56
yeah, riiiiight... ;) :p :

Drew
26th June 2007, 21:09
Damn Wimbledon, they always stop showing neighbours when it's on :(

BDunnell
27th June 2007, 00:13
I was hoping Henman would lose, because we may now be subjected to all the crap that surrounds a British player winning one match.

akv89
27th June 2007, 05:33
Moya was probably the toughest opponent in Henman's bracket for first three rounds. Henman might be staying here for a while. Then again, ....

stevie_gerrard
28th June 2007, 19:33
he didnt :p :

I think he has been brilliant in both games, but the thing is it was the crowd carrying him through. When things went pear shaped, it was quiet, and he struggled. I can't see him lasting much further than next Wimbledon as his final tournament.

Eki
28th June 2007, 19:47
In the old days, Wimbledon tennis meant it was raining in Wimbledon. Now it seems to mean it's raining here too :mad:

slinkster
28th June 2007, 20:05
woohoo Wimbly season... anything that puts more Andy Roddick on the TV has to be good.

I actually don't mind Wimbledon; Tennis is one of the few sports I can watch besides motor racing. And I even don't mind that it means we're without neighbours for two weeks. :)

KK3869
28th June 2007, 22:44
Tim fought pretty hard today but should of taken advantage of the tiebreakers, oh well go Roddick!

veeten
29th June 2007, 01:07
so, what do y'all think of the new players challenge system using a CGI-version of instant replay to determine where the ball falls after the judge's call? :)

millencolin
29th June 2007, 03:58
i watched the last bit of the Wayne Arthurs match last night! what a legend! i hope he does really well in his final wimbledon. the aussie crowd there was nuts... shouting 'WAYNEO.... WAYNEO.... WAYNEO....' and Wayneo himself couldnt stop laughing/smiling...

I dont care much for Lleyton hewitt (although i do hope he does well and gets back into form) but C'MON WAYNE ARTHURS... GO YOU OLD BUGGER!

KK3869
29th June 2007, 04:28
so, what do y'all think of the new players challenge system using a CGI-version of instant replay to determine where the ball falls after the judge's call? :)

I think its pretty good and fair, hopefully they can get installed on all courts, not just the show courts.

ozrevhead
29th June 2007, 15:14
i watched the last bit of the Wayne Arthurs match last night! what a legend! i hope he does really well in his final wimbledon. the aussie crowd there was nuts... shouting 'WAYNEO.... WAYNEO.... WAYNEO....' and Wayneo himself couldnt stop laughing/smiling...

I dont care much for Lleyton hewitt (although i do hope he does well and gets back into form) but C'MON WAYNE ARTHURS... GO YOU OLD BUGGER!
bet Robreto and now plays Bjorkman next

Federa and my man Safin play today

GO MARAT!

stevie_gerrard
29th June 2007, 19:05

i think its a brilliant idea, but i think there's too many challenges, they should be 2 given per set, and any challenges not used should be carried through for the next set. But it's a thrill for the crowd, hopefully they can introduce it onto the other courts in major tournaments, so everyone gets a fair chance to challenge when they think a decision is wrong.

akv89
8th July 2007, 18:57
That was an amazing final between Federer and Nadal. Definitely one of the best and highest quality matches in recent history.

AndyRAC
8th July 2007, 19:17
Wimbledon needed a decent final today. With the British Grand Prix and Tour De France also taking part in Britain today it was overshadowed for publicity and coverage.

slinkster
8th July 2007, 19:48
I enjoyed the final today; it was a good day of sport if you ask me.

Nadal's expressions were almost as good as his match!

BM
8th July 2007, 20:20
Two great finals on centre court today! Nice on Jamie!! :D

stevie_gerrard
8th July 2007, 23:53
Possibly one of the greatest finals ever, best one since 2001 and Ivanisevic :) a thrill to watch the highlights tonight :p :

A lot of dubious line calls though, hawkeye is a wonderful invention, but the one line call they called in was just and i mean just in if it was in at all. i tell you it was a 1/32th of a centimetre on the line. If it wasnt for that call, Federer would have won more convincingly i think. A thoroughly deserved victory for the man who is just a machine on grass, like a lawnmower :p :

Congrats to Jamie and Jelena as well, the first time a brit has won a trophy at wimbledon in 20 years. There is a bright doubles future for them two. :)

Mark
9th July 2007, 08:17
Hawkeye is brilliant isn't it! Stops any arguments they might have had. Hopefully they will roll it out to all the courts next year. I guess eventually there should be no need for line judges at all :D

Garry Walker
9th July 2007, 22:52
A lot of dubious line calls though

Have you ever tried being a tennis referee? It might seem easy from the outside, but try actually doing it. Its pretty damn difficult.

Fantastic final, Nadal and Federer are both amazing players. Come next year, Federer will find it very hard to beat Nadal, who is clearly becoming a much better overall player all the time.

stevie_gerrard
10th July 2007, 23:32
Have you ever tried being a tennis referee? It might seem easy from the outside, but try actually doing it. Its pretty damn difficult.

I was actually commenting on the hawkeye decisions more than anything, i can understand the great job that the referees do, and it is very much appreciated around the world i'm sure. It is very easy to make mistakes, i make them just watching the TV :p :