PDA

View Full Version : O/T Is anyone going to the stunt show next month?

Tiesse
25th June 2007, 22:39
I have promised the kids that if they behave, I shall take them to the stunt show at Rockingham next month. Just wondered if anyone else was going & if so, have they seen any of the participants before?

darknessrock
26th June 2007, 23:11
We've got a toss up between the sunt show/french car show, and the carnival night at Skeg. The short oval truck and caravan racing is winning at the moment. I'll let you know what we decide on.

shuz7
28th June 2007, 11:28
I have promised the kids that if they behave, I shall take them to the stunt show at Rockingham next month. Just wondered if anyone else was going & if so, have they seen any of the participants before?

I'm taking Jasmine and Thomas as Rob is doing a few laps round the oval. Should be a good day out if the rain stays away.

Nick Brad
28th June 2007, 15:18
I'm hoping to be there if I possibly can helping out Rob.

Tony Hurdle
28th June 2007, 17:02
If things work out OK, I'm hoping to take the Black Widow out for a few laps. Would be a good promo exercise for the series.

Henry Cutts
29th June 2007, 11:49
I Should be going. that jet pack looks interesting, If anyone wants to buy a Jet Pack (Training provided!!!)

Estimated Flight Time: 19 minutes
Estimated Distance: 27 miles
Estimated Speed: 83 mph.
Estimated Max Height: 250ft
Max Pilot Weight: 180 lbs.
Fuel: Jet-A fuel
Fuel Capacity: 5.0 gallons.
Power Plant: T-73 turbine engine
Retail Price: $200,000, includes training JPIC
Product Details:
Currently being updated. The T-73 is currently set for release December 11th 2007. Pre-Orders being taken
Please check back soon for more details

http://www.jetpackinternational.com/video/JETPACK2007.wmv

R3ROK
29th June 2007, 13:49
...Fuel Capacity 5.0 Gallons.....Max Height 250ft

Lets hope the pilot gets his sums right and is only hovering 6 inches above the ground when the fuel runs out ;)

Sounds like a good show.....I think I'll try and make it!

racing59
29th June 2007, 23:55
We are talking to them.

At present, they are only running track stuff on the "National" circuit, which doesn't use the Oval.

More news as it comes.

Looking promising.

Where's my Beret? (it is the French Car Show after all!)
Zut alors!

racing59
4th July 2007, 22:15
Looks like I have some work to do....

Just need plenty of old tyres.... if you get my 'drift'.

What started off as a static display is growing as the day draws near....

Rob.

JDPower
4th July 2007, 22:28
Looks like I have some work to do....

Just need plenty of old tyres.... if you get my 'drift'.

What started off as a static display is growing as the day draws near....
Cool, well done Rob :up:

racing59
13th July 2007, 22:33
If the weather stays dry, the forecast for sunday is patchy fog between turns 4 and 1 in a circular fashion, three times between 11am and 3pm.

If it rains, expect yellow car off in the direction of Beachy Head, with driver muttering "what do I have to do...... etc.."

LessThanSte
14th July 2007, 13:15
hehe, cool :)

darknessrock
15th July 2007, 17:22
Nice to meet you Today Rob, Hope to see more fog next weekend :)

LessThanSte
15th July 2007, 17:59
What was it like then?

darknessrock
15th July 2007, 18:28
It was ok... Lots of youngsters in renaults and pugs (driving like nutters on the way home!).
The freestyle MX guys were impressive, Jet pack guy was ok but very noisy. Bike donut world record attempt failed, and probably too much time given to the bikes who weren't that great. Monster trucks ok. Loads of people around, and many overheard saying they'd like to see racing on the oval... let's hope they're going next week :) . About the biggest cheer went up for Robs donuts... Best entertainment of the day afaic.

Tiesse
15th July 2007, 18:37
We've just got back & I think that I can safely say that we all enjoyed the day (if you ignore the irritating comentary that seemed to be more obsessed with sarcastically telling everyone at every opportunity to stay off the grass than it was to add anything interesting to say).

Rob's demonstration laps were good, however the guy with the mike ran out of things to say after saying "after the oval car has done a few laps, the Renault Owners Club will be going onto the circuit." It was an opportunity missed to some extent as the guy didn't even mention that the next meeting is next Sunday, nor did he mention that Rob competes in the MAC Trophy at Rockingham.

That said, it was good that the guys were letting kids & adults alike sit in the cars. (It was my rather rotund Father in law that got into Rob's car for me to take a picture - I was convinced he wouldn't be able get out!).

I personally felt the jet pack was a little disappointing, but otherwise we had a good day.

The kids would have been happy to have been glued to the Scalextric all day. Maybe that would be an idea for one of the teams to adopt?

It was nice to see so many people there & I have to say that I thought it would be wheelspins etc out of the car park at thge end of the day by the boy racers that were there, but all the cars I followed out of the circuit stuck to the speed limit & seemed more interested in cruising.

Disappointing to see the amount of litter etc. when everyone was leaving.

Just as a footnote, I notice the safety crew checking out the surface where the freestyler riders had been doing burnouts & donuts. Was the circuit damaged in any way?

darknessrock
15th July 2007, 20:29
A few photos... sorry about the quality, only had my phone with me :) ..
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa123/darknessrock_photos/

Henry Cutts
15th July 2007, 20:34
We've just got back & I think that I can safely say that we all enjoyed the day (if you ignore the irritating comentary that seemed to be more obsessed with sarcastically telling everyone at every opportunity to stay off the grass than it was to add anything interesting to say).

Rob's demonstration laps were good, however the guy with the mike ran out of things to say after saying "after the oval car has done a few laps, the Renault Owners Club will be going onto the circuit." It was an opportunity missed to some extent as the guy didn't even mention that the next meeting is next Sunday, nor did he mention that Rob competes in the MAC Trophy at Rockingham.

That said, it was good that the guys were letting kids & adults alike sit in the cars. (It was my rather rotund Father in law that got into Rob's car for me to take a picture - I was convinced he wouldn't be able get out!).

I personally felt the jet pack was a little disappointing, but otherwise we had a good day.

The kids would have been happy to have been glued to the Scalextric all day. Maybe that would be an idea for one of the teams to adopt?

It was nice to see so many people there & I have to say that I thought it would be wheelspins etc out of the car park at thge end of the day by the boy racers that were there, but all the cars I followed out of the circuit stuck to the speed limit & seemed more interested in cruising.

Disappointing to see the amount of litter etc. when everyone was leaving.

Just as a footnote, I notice the safety crew checking out the surface where the freestyler riders had been doing burnouts & donuts. Was the circuit damaged in any way?

It was very good promotion for the series, and it generated a lot of interest. The kids (and adults) enjoyed sitting in the car, and the donuts were pretty good!

Henry Cutts
15th July 2007, 20:58
Not very good quality but here is a video of Rob’s donuts:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=13159416

Henry Cutts
15th July 2007, 21:06
And the Jet Pack:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=13161129

LessThanSte
15th July 2007, 22:04
Did he fit an extra noisy engine or something?

racing59
15th July 2007, 22:31
Who me? Or the block with a rocket up his...

JDPower
15th July 2007, 22:53
Did he fit an extra noisy engine or something?
LOL, hope someones silencer didn't 'accidentally' fall off :cheese:

racing59
15th July 2007, 22:58
Not mine. All intact. Must be the bloke with a rocket up his... backpack..

racing59
15th July 2007, 22:58
It just got all foggy when I was there. :D

turn 4 mad
15th July 2007, 23:00
and dont forget rob close to cutting the grass at turn1 !!!!

racing59
15th July 2007, 23:02
I did cut the grass. It looked too long, and needed a trim!!!

turn 4 mad
15th July 2007, 23:06
oh and that annoying gut on the mic was interviewing me when rob and tractor were on track, and believe it or not hes an ex employee of rockingham having worked there for 3 years. with no mention of the v8 trophy no wonder hes an ex employee!!
as for the grass cutting rob- i thought i smelt something coming from your car after that little detour, smelt abit like you shshsh peed your self

racing59
16th July 2007, 09:12
Laughing of course! (after coughing my guts up in the fog!)

Tiesse
16th July 2007, 18:42
Typical! All I wanted was to take a picture of the lovely car & just as I took the pic, somebody stands in the way! Nevermind, I guess I'll just have to put up with this as a result LOL!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_20005x7.jpg

english4ever
16th July 2007, 19:36
Its a bugger when that happens!!!!

racing59
16th July 2007, 21:06
For flux sake!

Reynard
16th July 2007, 22:15
Ho hum, I'm fighting a losing battle about maintaining the standards of English in here... :laugh:

Glad you guys had a great day out - beats wearing a paper boiler suit and plugging leaky guttering with a caulking gun. :eek:

darknessrock
16th July 2007, 22:31
rob.. do flux insure you for that kind of attention to the car??

racing59
16th July 2007, 22:58
A mere scuff. t'will polish out with t-cut!!

Tee hee hee.

Ships? I see no ships (I can't even see the clocks, let alone the windscreen!!)

Tiesse
16th July 2007, 23:43
My Father in law enjoying his day
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_19935x7.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_1994.jpg

I bet the girl on the scooter could do 0-60 quicker, even with cold wheels LOL!
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_1991.jpg

LessThanSte
17th July 2007, 06:35
I, being a typical male student, would like to see her from the other side though!

Nick Brad
17th July 2007, 09:48
A mere scuff. t'will polish out with t-cut!!

Tee hee hee.

Ships? I see no ships (I can't even see the clocks, let alone the windscreen!!)

Jeez Rob, have the boys got another clutch to fit at the weekend then? ;)

Glad to see it was a good day, it was a shame I couldn't be there, but I shall be rearing to go this weekend.

racing59
17th July 2007, 23:45
No, but I have a treaded tyre now.......mmmm donuts!

english4ever
18th July 2007, 22:43
The bird on the scooter looks quick i dont think it would be wise to challenge her on the 0-60 run!!! =

bravheart
18th July 2007, 23:46
Hey Rob, You could do it Blind folded next time!!!!!!