PDA

View Full Version : Susie Stoddart on 5ifth Gear

Brown, Jon Brow
25th June 2007, 22:36
She tested the new 550bhp C-class AMG around Bratch and did a lap time of 50seconds. Then she did a lap in a DTM car (2007spec) in 39 seconds!!! :eek:

Considering the pole lap at the DTM at Brands was 42.66 and Susie's qualifying time was 43.3 seconds, where did the extra 4 seconds come from?

LeonBrooke
26th June 2007, 08:21
Special tyres, low fuel, 2007-spec car... maybe the car was light or something. It wasn't necessarily race-legal.

Pure skill?

Neil Adams
26th June 2007, 16:08
must be a mistake, surely the qualifying times from the dtm cars at brands are the ultimate fast lap times?

LeonBrooke
26th June 2007, 21:39
The ultimate fast laps for race-legal cars. Maybe they set up Susie's car for the TV show with larger air restrictors, less ballast, stickier tyres,...

Brown, Jon Brow
26th June 2007, 22:19
The ultimate fast laps for race-legal cars. Maybe they set up Susie's car for the TV show with larger air restrictors, less ballast, stickier tyres,...

I doubt that even with modifications, 4 seconds could be found on a track the size of Brands Hatch.

LeonBrooke
26th June 2007, 22:24
I doubt the would lie and exaggerate her speed... but you're probably right...

Neil Adams
27th June 2007, 09:33
maybe the difference in times between the road car and the race car wasnt as much as they would have hoped so they were a bit economical with the truth?

brands is definintley a bit of leveler - the straights are so short.

Iain
27th June 2007, 15:43
The one night I need to watch 5th Gear, I miss it. Dammit. :p :

LiamM
27th June 2007, 19:27
The one night I need to watch 5th Gear, I miss it. Dammit. :p :

I have a feeling its repeated on Saturday or Sunday morning. I have a vague relection of turning the TV on hungover and watching it

EDIT: Yep I'm right Saturday @ 10am

LeonBrooke
27th June 2007, 22:23
maybe the difference in times between the road car and the race car wasnt as much as they would have hoped so they were a bit economical with the truth?

brands is definintley a bit of leveler - the straights are so short.

Surely because Brands is so twisty, a well-set-up racecar would have much more grip and better balance than a road car. A racecar would be set up for ultimate grip and would have a huge advantage over any road car at Brands.

AlexD
27th June 2007, 22:50
It was good to see a feature, but was that camerawork annoying or what?

thompp
28th June 2007, 00:09
Repeated on Saturday @ 10am...?